• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spring Cleaning 2: Fishing MIB pre-loot vs. T-hunters' t-maps

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Devs,

Would you consider making Tattered Wall Maps a turn in item too, just like you made MIB pre-loot a turn in item?

10x lvl 1 map, 5x lvl 3 map, 3x lvl 4 map, 1x lvl 5 map = 19x 250 points = 4750 points with the soon to be active new turn in. So maybe make a Tattered Wall Map somewhere around 10000 points, to justify the work involved?...

J

Jafanarae

I like that idea. It would encourage treasure hunting, rather than just map collecting.

BTW, I thought the points for maps were:

levs 1 - 3 - 100 points
lev 4 - 200 points
lev 5 - 500 points

But I've been out of the loop recently, so I may have missed something.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh ok, I did not know that had changed, when I read up on the proposed turn in points, I thought I had read 250 points for a t-map, no matter what level...

J

Jafanarae

My info may be out of date, I got the numbers from:

http://update.uo.com/design_592.html

Anyway, points for the Tattered Wall Map gets the thumbs up from me, especially as the maps have to be decoded, completed and then made into the wall map by the same character.

F

Finch

Also it is my understanding that they can be completed and then turned in and still get points. Is that right?

J

Jafanarae

I've heard that too. If true, I'll definitely try to complete them before I turn them in. :)

P

Prince Caspian

I assume of course we can only turn in tattered maps, not completed ones?

J

Jafanarae

I read that people had turned completed maps in on TC1.

P

Prince Caspian

I read that people had turned completed maps in on TC1.
So lemme make sure I'm clear on this....

I can turn in my Ingenious Tattered for 1,000 points.

OR

I can complete it, and get the 1,000 points AND an additional 500 from turning in the Artie, and keep the money to boot?

No brainer if you ask me....

J

Jafanarae

Seems that way, yes. :)

Some people won't have the time, inclination or characters to do that though.

J

Jeremy

Tangential to the actual topic, Tattered Wall Maps are now listed in the Playguide.

(See what happens when I don't play my treasure hunter enough? I miss stuff like this!)

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tangential to the actual topic, Tattered Wall Maps are now listed in the Playguide.

(See what happens when I don't play my treasure hunter enough? I miss stuff like this!)
Jeremy,

Regarding your playguide, perhaps you can change the following aswell: Mining is not a required skill to dig up a treasurechest. The only thing that mining does is increase the ammount of tiles you can stand away from the spot where the chest is when you're digging it up...

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And I would love to see a revision of the NPC for the Library Donation for completed t-maps too, I know that has nothing to do with the topic or playguide, but I thought I'd toss it in once more...

I have 10k in points on that NPC now, that's from 2 years of t-hunting and turning in my completed maps, and I need 800k for a pair of t-hunting glasses. It's poorly designed: Any true t-hunter completes his maps before turning them in for a reward. This should be reflected in the reward points...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lebaiton - one thing I've done with my T-hunter is haul back all the gold (including spawn loot), donate it to the library too, and then sell all the scrolls & gems for more money to donate.

I've managed to get up to near the 550k range on my T-hunter, that way - with all the money going to the Library NPC resulting from maps.

Typical Level 5 map:
5000 gold from chest
5000 gold from spawn
3500 gold from scrolls & gems
= 13,500 GP (900 points) plus the map.

Level 6 maps would often total as much as 2000 points (25k gold and 5k in sellables), but I don't do those as much since the AW changes.

Still, I'd LOVE to see the maps worth more at the library, simply so I could recoup some of my insurance & equipment maintneance costs, rather than having to funnel every cent I bring in to the library, because those high-level maps just TAKE TOO LONG for the point return, even if you donate regs, leather and scales to other library collections.