• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spring clean up another 2 weeks?

• Thread starter Dungeon Explorer
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
D

Dungeon Explorer

Can anyone comfirm if we are getting another extra 2 weeks please with this spring clean up event? if so does that mean the 6 we donate to will still remain for another two weeks or will only the chest remain for two more weeks please any info would be much apreciated thank you.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I fail to understand is why it's called Spring Cleaning.

It cleaned nothing up, just instead of random items from various eras we all have like.. 1000000000 Sorcerers' Suits and 9489840739874 Nova Blue jewel sets. :next:

LOL. I've seen KEEPS filled with them...

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't speak for anyone but myself but I cleared out over 2000 storage slots and reduced it to 19 items off the rewards list. I think I cleaned up a hell of a lot.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suspect he's wondering how much time left he has to hunt for anti-virtue artifacts and exodus power crystals.

With the possible exception of cursed artifacts, the "stockpiled" items that were to be cleaned have contributed very little to the overall amount of points earnt.

R

RavenWinterHawk

It cleaned nothing up, just instead of random items from various eras we all have like.. 1000000000 Sorcerers' Suits and 9489840739874 Nova Blue jewel sets. :next:

Yep
I have more tickets and points and stuff and blah blah blah, then I had before I started.

I must have 200 shirts hehe.

The brain freeze on allowing endless 25k tickets made this spring shopping.

R

RavenWinterHawk

They will say next week spring cleaning over.
They will remove the turn ins.

YOU WONT BE ABLE TO TURN STUFF IN.

But they will leave prize box for 2 weeks after turn in shuts down.

Youll be able to claim prizes.

then it will end for ever.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually cleaned out a few things, though after the 3rd Phase turnins and Casca/Melissa thing, I really wish I hadn't turned in certain things. Maps and SOS bottles and some of the Christmas stuff was really helpful, but some artifacts and mystic weapons, I'm a little miffed about. It was nice to have an excuse to to a few heartwood quests since even the junk talismans had value.

Am I the only person doing plague beast mutation cores? They are 500 points per, and I think I figured out they take less time per than Exodus Overseers and minions.

N

Nenime

They will say next week spring cleaning over.
They will remove the turn ins.

YOU WONT BE ABLE TO TURN STUFF IN.

But they will leave prize box for 2 weeks after turn in shuts down.

Youll be able to claim prizes.

then it will end for ever.
Sorry to correct you here a bit. The original schedule was to let it end in the third week of August (FoF from August, 8). But last week there was an update. The Collection will end with the introduction of the next publish 56 - for which no date is given. They said we have "an extra couple of weeks" (FoF from August, 15).

When [they] turn it off, what will happen is the NPCs that currently accept items and hand out tickets will go away. The reward box that accepts tickets and gives prizes will stick around for a while longer to give everyone a chance to use up their points. (also quoted from FoF)

E

Eslake

It isn't "Cleaning." Tho a few actually did have things tucked away they turned in, it didn't really lower the total item count in the game by any stretch of the imagination.

For it to really Clean things up, they need to tie it to trash barrels already in the game, and leave it on all year round.

EVERY item should give points, and the exact-rarity of the item should scale its value.

Then every few months, drop in an NPC that lets you buy one of a Small range of items for huge sums of points.

Since nobody would know what the items might be in advance, they would be throwing everything they could find into trash bins to get points - Just In Case - the item(s) turned out to be something they wanted.

H

Harb

I'm kind of "neutral" amidst the two camps here. I turned in approx 2k items also, had we not terminated two accounts a couple months prior to annoucement, that number would have been much higher. For us, this was a clean up event. That said, it did seem to stop a little shy of "potential" in reducing server load, or at least that portion we contribute to. In our case, older items with spell properties would have netted around another 1k turn-ins, plants/ seeds another 750 or so, and bods significantly more depending on how structured. So Mythic got about 40% of what we probably would have turned in, it's really up to them to determine if this met or fell short of goals. Honestly, there may have been no goal at all, it may have just been an opportunity for us players to rid ourselves of some "junk" in exchange for other "stuff." I've enjoyed and appreciated the opportunity.

F

Fink

I cleared out at least 2000 storage if not more. :danceb:
I think I cleared about that much, maybe closer to 2500. I'd just inherited a keep worth of stuff and was in the process of sifting through it when the Spring Clean announcements were made.

N

Nenime

Yes, Eslake, good idea. Then I would probably turn in all these tons of jewelry and low-level LRC-suits which I store because "I MAYBE use them in future IF I ever raise a new character IF I open up another account" ... like this would ever happen, Nenime. :coco:

Call me pollyanna but I still think ... errr, hope that the cleaning was made in preparation for Stygian Abyss. *ducks down and tries to evade all the thrown eggs and tomatoes* Come on! This would all fit. The cleaning, the "oh-so-big" silence, the merry little teasings "We won't tell you, we won't tell you - *giggle,giggle* There HAS to be something. (Oh my, I really hope the devs won't let me down here :blushing:)

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nemine.. please tell me where in the FOF August 15 does it say we have more time.

August 8th,

"When is Spring Cleaning going to end?"

Consider this your two-week notice - we're currently shooting to turn Spring Cleaning off the third week of August. (It's tied to the publish, though, so if that gets delayed for any reason, you'll get more time to sweep those last few corners.)

When we turn it off, what will happen is the NPCs that currently accept items and hand out tickets will go away. The reward box that accepts tickets and gives prizes will stick around for a while longer to give everyone a chance to use up their points.

Unless she post it on forums and missed which is totally possible. I am willing to be corrected.

So fars as it goes it will end today or tomorrow. I know I am getting some last minute turn-ins done.

LOL as far as lock downs i got tons back but i have turn around and used them :D oh well my Pixel Crack for now anyway.

Luc

J

Jeremy

From last week's FoF:

"There's been a bit of a change in the schedule. In order to make sure everything that is going in to Publish 55 is as good as it can be, we're delaying it by about two more weeks and rolling the content from Publish 56 in with it."

So, yes, you have about two more weeks as the schedule currently stands.

N

Nenime

HA! Thank you, Jeremy :)

Stop! While you're here... I am right about Stygian Abyss, am I? When will it be released? Next month? :D

R

RenaLynne

From last week's FoF:

"There's been a bit of a change in the schedule. In order to make sure everything that is going in to Publish 55 is as good as it can be, we're delaying it by about two more weeks and rolling the content from Publish 56 in with it."

Good to hear, I still need a few more virtue tiles...;)

E

Evilminion

Excellent! More time for me to work on getting guard sashes for all my characters!

As far as "cleaning" goes, before this event started, I had to seriously think about what to remove from my 18x18 if I wanted to bring in anything new; I was that full-up on lockdowns. Now I have plenty, yay!

(One grumpy note, though: if they'd told us in advance that they'd be handing out tickets like candy later, there's a good bit of rubble I wouldn't have turned in... that stuff is awesome for deco. Ah, well.)

M

Millie

Hehe I keep most of my rubble, but I had alot of T maps and things just taking up space. I got rid of more than 1000 lock downs.

D

Dhark_X

if thats true if anyone on pacfic has a jillion knight/scout/sorcerer suits i gladely take one of each of your hands, or even buy em from you. I have had a hard time getting points as i missed the free 25k thing.

N

Nenime

I have had a hard time getting points as i missed the free 25k thing.
Sorry to hear that. :( I think the Murderer Quest was particularly meant for players like you to let you get a piece of the cake as well. I wish I could give you some points...

But to make it possible to solve it for "young" players was probably one of the worst ideas ever :thumbdown: It made the underlying idea of the collection obsolete. Good example how overlooking one detail can screw a whole thing up. Shame!

Wait... or was it just a 'clever' marketing idea to make people open up additional accounts?

S

Stucky

I cleaned up atleast 2000 lockdowns and I'm thankful for that.

What really struck me as weird is when they finally stopped Melissa, I checked my chars and only went thru 2.5 of my 4 accounts to get my 50k points(on my shard). Its weird to me because I am super dedicated to get 1 of everything and this of course would have put me closer to my goal(that i will most likely not reach, damn you hind sight). I ran all 4 accounts quickly with newb chars for a friend on another shard for 25k but was so obsessed with maybe getting a Crimmy that I didnt leave Melissa on Cats basically ever. It got to a point where strangers were asking me if i'd gotten it yet because i was there so much. None for me... of course.

As a 'gold poor' person in uo, I don't wear or have anything I havn't looted or crafted myself... Melissa was a much welcomed cash cow. I have more gold than i've had in awhile and its nice. Insurance is always a problem for me. I sometimes have to take donations from friends, I don't mind it much since they have access and are free to help themselves to all I have (this is pretty much all items in game x10 minus doom arties/peerless because I never had any luck and gave up).

I don't know why I'm going on about this but I think the point is that I'm happy we have 2 more weeks of turn-ins and also... not everyone who has giant housing full of stuff is uber rish. It makes me sick everyday when I read about people with 100's of millions pancakes about blah and blah. I have some great real estate... that i didnt pay for, I placed after YEARS of scouting. If someone/thing kills me its not because that thing is overpowered its because SOMETIMES YOU LOSE. I thought people were crazy bishes when I started uo complaining like they did, more years ago than I'd like to admit. This forum has gone to ummm the wolves? (censored version) Hardly anything constructive, putting down the company that runs our favorite past time, etc. UO has been the forerunner of the industry its whole life. Who knows how to run/market/anything an 11yr old title... NO ONE. I know everyone has their ideas but really, if they don't implement your idea 30 mins after you propose it on their message boards does not mean that they suck.

I know I've totally moved on from the op subject but I'm on a roll and I don't care. Everyone can have a vent post once in awhile right? Right. I'll last relate this.. I met a friend of a friend at work that plays WOW. He hung out with us at the job for several hours... he said he had several accounts and boasted that his guild was the first one in the realm to kill/ level all the new things that come out all servers. (I've never played so if I translate anything he said into uo terms I'm sorry, thats just how I processed it) He told me he was bored, 30 hours after every new release he had finished the content and just had to repeat it with all of his accounts. He bragged on and even showed me his youtube videos of killing people etc. I watched unimpressed. I told him about UO. He laughed at first but had heard of it. I told him about pvp rules and what you were free to do otherwise and his eyes were gleaming. He said he'd check it out... when his girlfriend let him lol but still. If I can steal a WOW person that played like 24 hours a day... wth is everyone bishin about? I try to get everyone I know to play uo. I'm a girl.. and unfortunately as such most of my girl friends have enough trouble searching things on google that they make me do it. (Along with building/fixing their pc's ugh) I'm not saying this is a female thing so shut it now, I'm saying MY FRIENDS... damn it I try though.

Jeez, ok the rant has completely derailed so I'll stop. Hehe Drank enough to be semi-literate but not enough to tell myself I've had too much to post.

-shoot edit.... I have an account of [young] that ride polar bears because they can.. just because other people actually use the accounts they pay for, does NOT mean I should get less rewards for the ones I do not use yet pay the same amount each month. Sorry.

C

Connor_Graham

if thats true if anyone on pacfic has a jillion knight/scout/sorcerer suits i gladely take one of each of your hands, or even buy em from you. I have had a hard time getting points as i missed the free 25k thing.
I've got 2 of the 3, and am working on the 3rd now, but you probably won't like my price lol.

L

Lord Kynd

I cleared out at least 2000 storage if not more. :danceb:
i cleared out alot also, but in return now i have 2x as many tickets to turn in, and already have 1 of everything from the rewards. not to forget all the stuff i collect each day for more points.

i know we cried and cried for another great spring cleaning event like the one way back, but this is not like that one at all :(

now i have to figure out what i am going to do with over 9 million points and prolly another 2 mil in tickets. grrrrr

H

Harb

But to make it possible to solve it for "young" players was probably one of the worst ideas ever :thumbdown: It made the underlying idea of the collection obsolete. Good example how overlooking one detail can screw a whole thing up. Shame!

Wait... or was it just a 'clever' marketing idea to make people open up additional accounts?
This really irked me. While just another act of manipulation by unscrupulous players doing what they do, this was not a “first time” problem. We’ve seen young player exploits before. There is no justification whatsoever for dev missing this one, and for support doing nothing about it. I paged, and paged, and paged. The same folks cycled through the same behavior through completion of the event, it was not fixed. If a marketing move, it didn’t pass the sanity test. The only two “manipulators” I observed that spoke were on trial accounts they had no intention of ever paying for. It was a great event, and save this issue we truly enjoyed it. But this was a pretty bad error, not fixing it making it even worse.

B

BartofCats

From last week's FoF:

Simply amazing how "2 weeks notice" has now turned into 4 weeks later...

L

Lore Master

Simply amazing how "2 weeks notice" has now turned into 4 weeks later...
lol well thats good news to me i wouldn't mind another set or two of the luck ring and braclet. i sense from your statement that your not happy that there extending it maybe i am wrong. it could be worse for you they could have gave us two weeks notice and ended it in one week instead of two weeks.