• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spring '23 content is rolling out

Lady Sylph

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So is there not going to be a dungeon this time? Will the Thorns be the only way we generate drops?
If it's like last year the champ spawn and eggs started end of March and the dungeon event started end of April so maybe they still have something planned and it's just not been mentioned yet?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After a few tries of letting the Champ spawn fall back, I can confirm only 10 initial eggs drop for the entire spawn. No more will drop until the boss dies as far as I can tell. Going to suck for smaller shards who have to kill that Champ Boss each time and don't have green thorns.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
might need to let us turn in last years egg for points. i cant be the only one that collected WAY too many

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
might need to let us turn in last years egg for points. i cant be the only one that collected WAY too many
i did too. ive done the champ spawn a few times and already bored with it.

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
If it's like last year the champ spawn and eggs started end of March and the dungeon event started end of April so maybe they still have something planned and it's just not been mentioned yet?
some year had dungeon some others nope...one year it was plunder beacons...so we dont know they said there will be a dungeon event for spring and my guess is no

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are doing better than me. 8 Rounds of the Champ Spawn and 8 Booties and ZERO Eggs.
If you are on a busier shard please keep in mind, as far as I can tell there are only 10 eggs total that drop from beginning to end on each Champ spawn. I've had my best luck using my sword dexxor or my sampire.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are on a busier shard please keep in mind, as far as I can tell there are only 10 eggs total that drop from beginning to end on each Champ spawn. I've had my best luck using my sword dexxor or my sampire.
Only 3-4 of us did 7 of those spawns last night on LS. LOL that is why I asked if they drop to pack or corpses since I was getting ZERO egg drops in the pack.

Deschet

Journeyman
That's even worse if that's true. I was thinking a toon could get 10 per spawn.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So is there not going to be a dungeon this time? Will the Thorns be the only way we generate drops?
I think this is the spawn that goes with the last Deceit dungeon.

Eggs are the participation drop.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah Kyronix did confirm only 10 eggs per spawn.

Gonna be interesting at the Vorpal Bunny Spots...

I am hoping that they will also be doable in Fel ;)

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
the real way to get eggs will be with thorns in any farm....the one from the spawn are a bonus

Lady Sylph

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yeah Kyronix did confirm only 10 eggs per spawn.

Gonna be interesting at the Vorpal Bunny Spots...

I am hoping that they will also be doable in Fel ;)
Wow that's going to take a lot of champ kills to buy an item then I would imagine... I'm on a quiet shard and 3 of us couldn't even kill the boss so it restarts so that makes it worse :(

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
the real way to get eggs will be with thorns in any farm....the one from the spawn are a bonus
Those are just as bad as the spawn.

Top 3 damagers get eggs, the rest MIGHT get eggs.....so 3 eggs per bunny....possibly 4 from the corpse either on the corpse or as a pack drop.

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Top 3 damagers get eggs, the rest MIGHT get eggs.....so 3 eggs per bunny....possibly 4 from the corpse either on the corpse or as a pack drop.
how long it take ? no waiting time for another thorn.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

The rewards are pretty cheap.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
says 3 minutes on UO Guide...I am going to go time it lol

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I used my stop watch.

From the time you push the green thorn into the ground until the time you can do another one is 3 minutes.

Confirmed.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1 Min. Not really just putting that amount in. But 1 guy plants, then another guy, then another guy.

Since the numbers are on the UO Forum and not Test Center. You would think they are accurate.

Did the devs make the bunny more difficult? So it takes 5 to 10 min to kill?
Do they not know we have thousands of thorns?
Do they not know that some players have 90 garden beds?

If the bunny takes less than a minute to kill, this will be easy pickins on drops. I'm used to 10 - 12 drops per hour.
If I can get a field alone, it will be 60+ drops per hour with crazy low prices for rewards.

IMO they did not put the good stuff on the vendor, so maybe they are ok with us getting those items in bulk.
I have bulk of the book and Yukio's already.

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
If it’s capped at 10 per altar cycle, that will suck for smaller shards. I check it out last night and took it solo from start to past halfway without a single drop, then ran out of time. Guess someone had been there before me, got their eggs and let it wind back to the start, denying anyone else eggs til someone does a full champ cycle

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad Yukio's glass earrings are back. I will be focusing on those primarily. Wish they had included the HCI earrings as well.

Lady Sylph

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Been trying ALL day to do champ on my shard and it's way too hard to do, every time I try to use my tamer on it someone runs up to it and drags it away in turn making it turn and kill me so it's been sitting there not done for over 9 hours now, I figured it would reset eventually on it's own so not sure if it's because people keep trying to kill it or what but definitely not fun for small shards.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm glad they chose the Snake Plant instead of the Barrel Cactus. Wonder if it gives thorns.

Been trying ALL day to do champ on my shard and it's way too hard to do, every time I try to use my tamer on it someone runs up to it and drags it away in turn making it turn and kill me so it's been sitting there not done for over 9 hours now, I figured it would reset eventually on it's own so not sure if it's because people keep trying to kill it or what but definitely not fun for small shards.
Call for help in chat, tell them you can buy cool stuff with the eggs that drop. We are still doing the spawn part in 4 mins. You see the first and last lvs for about 10 seconds. But eggs are uncommon since there's so may peeps.
1680300999405.png

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If it’s capped at 10 per altar cycle, that will suck for smaller shards. I check it out last night and took it solo from start to past halfway without a single drop, then ran out of time. Guess someone had been there before me, got their eggs and let it wind back to the start, denying anyone else eggs til someone does a full champ cycle
Yep, I checked lake Austin. They worked it up to the champ then bailed lol.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
what shard, I can probably jump a char over to help

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
im trying to imagine what shard is in that bad of shape.
let us know, I have characters everywhere and I can swing by with a guildie or 2 and help out from time to time.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
im trying to imagine what shard is in that bad of shape.
let us know, I have characters everywhere and I can swing by with a guildie or 2 and help out from time to time.
Awesome, if I find out I’ll let you know.

im going to guess Origin or Lake Austin. LA the champ was standing there when I checked. I almost faceplanted.

Lady Sylph

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm on Legends, they actually managed to down it just now but had some deaths and kept having to run from it lol... hopefully it's not like that all weekend too because it TOOK forever and no one got drops because it had already had the levels all done this morning. :( Ty for the offer as well!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i only checked origin and sonoma yesterday and both where busy with people.
if its LA then we can definitely help, my guild and I use to live there for a couple of years so we have a full line up there of toons.

ah ha, Legends!
k i will log in and swing by time to time and see if help is needed.
nothing says im here to help like a Disco Tamer on a Fire Beetle!

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm on Legends, they actually managed to down it just now but had some deaths and kept having to run from it lol... hopefully it's not like that all weekend too because it TOOK forever and no one got drops because it had already had the levels all done this morning. :( Ty for the offer as well!
cool busy tonight, but I’ll jump a character over tomorrow and see if I can help out.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Awesome, if I find out I’ll let you know.

im going to guess Origin or Lake Austin. LA the champ was standing there when I checked. I almost faceplanted.
LOL

why does everyone think Origin is so lowly populated?

1680303680485.png

Takes our guild like 7 minutes to do the spawn :/

I also have a toon on LA I can help with if needed.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
LOL

why does everyone think Origin is so lowly populated?

View attachment 142003

Takes our guild like 7 minutes to do the spawn :/

I also have a toon on LA I can help with if needed.
I have chars on Origin, it always seemed bare when I logged into. No offense intended! I don’t know anything!

But I see you too are well on your way to 5 million pairs of bogling boots!

edited for words, I can’t type
And autocorrect hates me.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOL I hate auto correct! It always tells me words I have no intention of typing!!!

Yeah not a lot of chatter in Gen Chat for sure, we use Discord so don't need Gen Chat but every so often you'll see a few people talk in there.

I like the quiet..it's rather nice.

And we've had several members of Origin show up at the spawn so it's been pretty active there.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
1 Min. Not really just putting that amount in. But 1 guy plants, then another guy, then another guy.

Since the numbers are on the UO Forum and not Test Center. You would think they are accurate.

Did the devs make the bunny more difficult? So it takes 5 to 10 min to kill?
Do they not know we have thousands of thorns?
Do they not know that some players have 90 garden beds?

If the bunny takes less than a minute to kill, this will be easy pickins on drops. I'm used to 10 - 12 drops per hour.
If I can get a field alone, it will be 60+ drops per hour with crazy low prices for rewards.

IMO they did not put the good stuff on the vendor, so maybe they are ok with us getting those items in bulk.
I have bulk of the book and Yukio's already.
Just saw this one and this is exactly the problem with how they did the rewards.

1 min could be a minimum of 3 eggs. Especially when you know people will dual client.

so potentially you could get some Yukios in 3 mins.

Lady Sylph

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just saw this one and this is exactly the problem with how they did the rewards.

1 min could be a minimum of 3 eggs. Especially when you know people will dual client.

so potentially you could get some Yukios in 3 mins.
I went to visit another shard I have a sampire on and thought it's an off time for that one and saw someone with what I believe was 5-6 characters multiboxing throwers at the champ... positioned them all in optimal areas around the map so probably got all 10 eggs. I ended up leaving after a while because I couldn't get anything since they took most of the mobs. :(

Edit: I guess they got tired of dying to the boss so they put down those bagball things so their throwers wouldn't get hit lol, I came back at shard up thinking they might have taken a break.

1680323453707.png

Last edited: