• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sphinx

G

I read a few posts mentioning training pets on the Sphinx, my problem is where? I have a Mare/Kirin combo I'm trying to train, the Sphinx in the pyramid has a never ending swarm of undead that add way too much annoyance for training. The only other place Stratics mentions the Sphinx is, is in the lost lands, so I have to go to Fel to train off em? I was looking for an easier alternative to the shadow elemental (only seem to spawn em when I don't want em.....), but I'm not liking the idea of going to Fel with my brittle tamer. Is there another place for the Sphinx not listed under the hunters database?

Rey~

G

Easiest shadow ele in the game is to go to Yomatsu mine. They spawn naturally there, about halfway into the mine. There is a pretty secluded spot there (you'll have to find it, hard to describe) where you can work it, or you can do like many folks and drag it to the entrance, which is very quiet, and work it there. FYI.

I

imported_Sarphus

yeah, compared to shadow ele, sphinx isn't very good.

shadow ele discord training is the fastest way to trian pets

G

Shadows are easy and fast, but boring and no loot.

Sphinx is in the desert north of papua. He's in a little nook all by himself, unless somebody pops the champ spawn there.

I

imported_Tina Small

You can find the Sphynx in Trammel, north of Papua. Run north of the bank and then take the road west until you hit the westernmost bridge. Don't take the first right after the bridge, go north a little bit further and take the second path to the right, which angles away sort of NNE. When you hit the spot where the road forms a circle (should also see frenzied or desert ostards in the area), go NE into the area that is completely enclosed by rock. It's not much of a run from Papua. Hopefully you can see the map coordinates and kind of figure out your way from the image below. (My character is where you see the circle inside a box on the UOAM map.)

J

JoyousGard

Once you get there... Mark a rune.... because it is a pain to get to.

Edit: and don't tell anyone about this... because...

It's a secret to everybody.