• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

spellweaving and focusing ...

L

Lord Kynd

if your on atlantic and a spellweaver.... please check the atlantic forum.

if your on atlantic and want a level 6 focus now, come on down got 2 here already .

L

Lord Kynd

no one uses spellweaving anymore ?
or are to chicken to run down prizum to get a 6 ?

can't believe a measly 10k is stopping people.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll help people get level 5 focus's, because I have at least a GM spellweaver on 5 accounts just for that purpose (3 of them are mules).

To me, unless I am doing prism for keys, it's not worth the time, effort or gold for me to run down there for a level 6, when I have a level 5 just from logging on my accounts, and seeing if anyone wants to join in.

J

Juicy Fruit

What I always do, is buy the ticket. Kill myself at the door outside, run through as a ghost. get rezed get the focus and then clcik ticket and I am out, got my body and am ready to go. :) But thats just me, lol

S

Sneaky

What I always do, is buy the ticket. Kill myself at the door outside, run through as a ghost. get rezed get the focus and then clcik ticket and I am out, got my body and am ready to go. :) But thats just me, lol
Why not just run alive, all the way through? No need to be killing yourself and having to walk for twice as long as a ghost when you could just buy ticket, run to the end, get SW circle, use ticket to get back out.

If you know the way, I'd say you would have at least a 95% chance of making it through the PoL without dying. If your a mage with invis (as many spellweavers are) it makes it even easier.

L

Lord Kynd

Why not just run alive, all the way through? No need to be killing yourself and having to walk for twice as long as a ghost when you could just buy ticket, run to the end, get SW circle, use ticket to get back out.

If you know the way, I'd say you would have at least a 95% chance of making it through the PoL without dying. If your a mage with invis (as many spellweavers are) it makes it even easier.

bothmethods work. killing yourself is a great way to learn the path you need for running thru when your ready for it.
definitly not that hard to run thru once you know the layout.

i have one logged there and run down several times thru the day for focus's for people. 10k is pocket change..

as far as level 5 versus level 6, if you plan on hunting for any length of time you will notice level 6 is quite a bit stronger , WOD alone does alot more points damage. and the timer on the focus last's longer.
definitly worth the tiny effort it takes to get.

but ....

even getting people for a level 5 can be near impossiable.

Y

Yalp

Sorry for being naive.. but this is the first I hear of a level 6 focus.. can you please provide more details?

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bothmethods work. killing yourself is a great way to learn the path you need for running thru when your ready for it.
definitly not that hard to run thru once you know the layout.

i have one logged there and run down several times thru the day for focus's for people. 10k is pocket change..

as far as level 5 versus level 6, if you plan on hunting for any length of time you will notice level 6 is quite a bit stronger , WOD alone does alot more points damage. and the timer on the focus last's longer.
definitly worth the tiny effort it takes to get.

but ....

even getting people for a level 5 can be near impossiable.
A focus of any level can be difficult, as such I suggest carrying a full soulstone on you Kynd...that way anyone can join you to get the level 6 who is NOT a weaver. The timer for a level 6 no skill is less of course...its around 21000 seconds? Once you have your skill focus just soulstone back on your skill...and whala...lvl 6 without the hassle of finding 4 other weavers.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for being naive.. but this is the first I hear of a level 6 focus.. can you please provide more details?

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

Spells used in spellweaving rely on a arcane focus for strength and duration. The higher the focus level the more potent the spell. It takes 5 people to get a level 5 focus outside of Effusion dungeon or a level 6 with five people when done within the dungeon. (a level 6 can only be obtained inside of this dungeon) Basically an arcane focus is to spellweaving as eval is to magery.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I personaly think that having to get an arcane focus is one of the dumbest things in the game. Adn the lack of spellweavers proves it, because without the level 5 or 6 fucus, spellweaving is completely and utterly useless.

It should be where if you stand on a pentagram alone you get a lvl5 and if you go to the prism of light alone you get a lvl6. Pure and simple

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I personaly think that having to get an arcane focus is one of the dumbest things in the game. Adn the lack of spellweavers proves it, because without the level 5 or 6 fucus, spellweaving is completely and utterly useless.

It should be where if you stand on a pentagram alone you get a lvl5 and if you go to the prism of light alone you get a lvl6. Pure and simple
Weaving has a place.. I use it on a dexer with a 100% rpd suit. I only have 2 accounts so I get a level 2 focus and its not worthless. Attune weapon takes a good chunk of damage and I can summon 3 pixies at once, which is all i really care about.

A

Ash

Weaving has a place.. I use it on a dexer with a 100% rpd suit. I only have 2 accounts so I get a level 2 focus and its not worthless. Attune weapon takes a good chunk of damage and I can summon 3 pixies at once, which is all i really care about.
don't forget the Nature's Fury.. My Human archer has used them with 0 skill points to help thin out baddies.. If you get some guild mates or friends to help out a human with 0 skill and a lvl 5 focus has all sorts of tools at their disposal with no skill points, and only investment is the time to do the spellweaving quest. Gift of renewal, Nature's Fury, Attunement are all great for a dexer/archer to have and cost nothing. My bard has 40 skill so he has 100% chance to cast Nature's Fury since his magery isn't high enough yet for high chance at EV's. Left it at 40 so can still get a focus with human chars with no skill, and the attunement/renewal are great when failing provoke attempts.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can also cast some of the spells by just being human with the natural 20 skill points.

The problem is at lvl 1 or 2 the attunement doesnt last very long, and hardly absorbs much damage compared to a lvl 5 or 6. Also there is a timer as to when you can recast it, so it's not like you can just cast it and walk around until something finaly damages you to remove it.

All the spellweaving spells but like 2 take at least 3.5 seconds to cast a spell and require huge amounts of mana. Most of the really cools spells also have timers before you can recast them. Spellweaving is useless in PvP except when your with a larger group of people.

When was the last time you say a mage duel a spellweaver/mage? when was the last time you saw a spellweaver/mage cast a spellweaving spell in a duel? (not including if they used protection spell).

Funny thing is I see more human (+20 in all skills) dexers taking advantage of the SW spells more than you actualy see someone who has the actual skill worked up.

Spellweavig was a good idea that fell short, just like Chiv. They need to make Chiv to where you actualy need 100 or even 120 skill to get certain spell off without failing, just like every other template.

L

Leana Sidhe

Spells used in spellweaving rely on a arcane focus for strength and duration. The higher the focus level the more potent the spell. It takes 5 people to get a level 5 focus outside of Effusion dungeon or a level 6 with five people when done within the dungeon. (a level 6 can only be obtained inside of this dungeon) Basically an arcane focus is to spellweaving as eval is to magery.
Do the people you get to stand with you have to have spellweaving too? Or just be there? And then what are you supposed to do? I too have an archer that uses spellweaving, but I have no idea what you guys are talking about with this focus level stuff :sad3: I appreciate any help here!

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Gee I can tell someone didnt read my original post...

So again I repeat myself. Carrying a soulstone on you to stone off weaving completely negates needing other weavers to get a level 5 or 6.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do the people you get to stand with you have to have spellweaving too? Or just be there? And then what are you supposed to do? I too have an archer that uses spellweaving, but I have no idea what you guys are talking about with this focus level stuff :sad3: I appreciate any help here!
Anyone can help with a low level focus. (anyone 0-20 skill can participate) Just grab 4 other non weaving guildmates and hit the nearest pentagram.

If your skill is higher than 20 simply stone it off and then hit the circle again :)

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can also cast some of the spells by just being human with the natural 20 skill points.
attunement, arcane focus, gift of renewal, and those wonderful bees.

The problem is at lvl 1 or 2 the attunement doesnt last very long, and hardly absorbs much damage compared to a lvl 5 or 6. Also there is a timer as to when you can recast it, so it's not like you can just cast it and walk around until something finaly damages you to remove it.
Your comment is dependent on no skill...

All the spellweaving spells but like 2 take at least 3.5 seconds to cast a spell and require huge amounts of mana. Most of the really cools spells also have timers before you can recast them. Spellweaving is useless in PvP except when your with a larger group of people.
I can think of several that have a much lower cast time. Did you take into consideration spellweaving is 4/6?

When was the last time you say a mage duel a spellweaver/mage? when was the last time you saw a spellweaver/mage cast a spellweaving spell in a duel? (not including if they used protection spell).
Attunement and Gift of renewal. Alot of people use this if it is allowed in the dueling rules. In field fighting any smart human has 0 skill weaving.

Funny thing is I see more human (+20 in all skills) dexers taking advantage of the SW spells more than you actualy see someone who has the actual skill worked up.
False, perhaps on your shard...but the only time you see much of any weaver or even know they are weaving is if you see WoD. I have spellweaving on all my human chars...and have 120 and GM skill on stones. (jack of all trades FTW!!!)

Spellweavig was a good idea that fell short, just like Chiv. They need to make Chiv to where you actualy need 100 or even 120 skill to get certain spell off without failing, just like every other template.
Are you kidding me? The most overpowered temp right now is a necro mage. Without chiv or apples they mow everything and anything besides 4/6 chiv. I will take a giant guess here and assume you play a necro mage based on that comment.

Y

Yalp

I'm wondering where inside effusion you can get a 6 level focus. Someone mentioned a certain path that needs to be taken. Can you provide more details on the location for a level 6?

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

A

Ash

If you are trying for a no skill focus, then anyone can stand in the circle and they don't even have to have done the quest. So if you are human with 0 skill and want a focus, any 4 other people with 0 skill (elf or human) will work. If you raise skill between 20-40 then humans with 0 skill can still help get a focus. I wish they would put an arcane circle down in center of luna bank so I can draft people to help. :)

As other have said as to what the focus does, it makes all the spells stronger and increase their duration. To get a focus you have to stand in an arcane circle, pentagram or altar with other people with skill +/- 20 of your skill. there are a few public places that have a place or you can make one and put in your house. the one in the prism of light is different and gives a lvl 1 higher than the others.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can think of several that have a much lower cast time. Did you take into consideration spellweaving is 4/6?
Yes i did take it into account, in fact i used to have my SW at 6/12 when there was no cap. but the fc part didnt seem to make a diff over 2fc. the fcr really didnt seem much different either.

Attunement and Gift of renewal. Alot of people use this if it is allowed in the dueling rules.
Genrealy on our shard, you can not pre-buff those spells, so you may get the attunement or thunderstorm off, but you would never get a gift of renewal off, or an essence of wind off or a natures fury or summon fey or wildfire or word of death off. You would get interupted every time.

False, perhaps on your shard...but the only time you see much of any weaver or even know they are weaving is if you see WoD. I have spellweaving on all my human chars...and have 120 and GM skill on stones. (jack of all trades FTW!!!)
Well it seems true on my shard, but who knows. The only time we ever see WoD cast is to kill baracoon or whatever champ boss. Other than that you see a lot of people on dexers who are human casting the spells that are available to 20 skill.

I will take a giant guess here and assume you play a necro mage based on that comment.
Actually no, My main character is a tactics mage who i play 95% of the time, next is my archer who i play about 3% of the time and last is my necro mage who i play about 2% of the time, and actualy don't pvp with him, i mainy use him for spawns.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So again I repeat myself. Carrying a soulstone on you to stone off weaving completely negates needing other weavers to get a level 5 or 6.
I cant say for Tram, but in Fel you can only use a soulstone in your house or as it says "safe logout location", no where else. You cant carry one down to the prism in your pack and then try to use it.

But you can go to your house, soulstone the skill, get the people together and get on the pentagram to cast the spell. then leave and go put the skill back on. "BORING!!!"

RedRum

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I heard that there was a bug out there that if you got an arcane focus of level 6, dumped it into a bank trash can, casting arcane focus by yourself from that point on, you would always get a level 6. How true it was, I have no idea, but this fixes that bug if it is/was true.

L

Lord Kynd

A focus of any level can be difficult, as such I suggest carrying a full soulstone on you Kynd...that way anyone can join you to get the level 6 who is NOT a weaver. The timer for a level 6 no skill is less of course...its around 21000 seconds? Once you have your skill focus just soulstone back on your skill...and whala...lvl 6 without the hassle of finding 4 other weavers.

ok for one, what are you talking about ?
what good is having a level 6 focus if you don't have the skill to use it ?
i happen to have to spellweavers one is gm the other 104.7.
i use the spells prolly more than 97% of magery spells i also have.
taking the skill off my character would make the level 6 worthless.
my character is also a elf so no human jack of all trades thinge either.

with 120 magery,eval,etc and spellweaving 120 use arcane empowerment with a level 6 focus and see how much better your flame strikes and greater heals are.

look at word of death alone.

and to....

"RedRum ...

I heard that there was a bug out there that if you got an arcane focus of level 6, dumped it into a bank trash can, casting arcane focus by yourself from that point on, you would always get a level 6. How true it was, I have no idea, but this fixes that bug if it is/was true. "

if your reporting bugs i am fairly sure your not allowed to tell everyone how to do it.
also ea has email for bug reports :) use it .
it might takes months to fix.

no wonder it's so friggin hard to get people to focus, stop cheating people.

Tazar... thank you between what 3 people we have 8-10 spealweavers on accounts ....
it works but more people is better for the community.

so anyhow my thread got h'jacked, lol
still looking for people that want fairly reliable people to get spellweaving focus's with.. send pm

L

Lord Kynd

I heard that there was a bug out there that if you got an arcane focus of level 6, dumped it into a bank trash can, casting arcane focus by yourself from that point on, you would always get a level 6. How true it was, I have no idea, but this fixes that bug if it is/was true.

well i can tell you this is false lol
going to bed anyhow so my focus wasn't going to do me anymore good.
level 6 to level 1.

don't believe everything you hear i guess.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok for one, what are you talking about ?
what good is having a level 6 focus if you don't have the skill to use it ?
i happen to have to spellweavers one is gm the other 104.7.
What we are talking about is this.
Get 4 or 5 people who have taken the spellweavng quest but have no skill in it (actualy they may not even need to have taken the quest, cant remember).
You soulstone your skill so now you have 0 also.
You all get on the pentagram and one of you casts arcane focus.
Now all of you have a level 5 or 6 arcane focus, but with no skill.
Go back to your house and put spellweaving back on your character.

Voila, you have a level 5 or 6 focus with SW skill now :thumbup1:

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a bug where if you threw your arcane focus away in a trash can, you didnt need to ever cast arcane focus again. you would permenantly have a whatever level focus you threw away.

It has been fixed, so dont bother trying.