• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] Spells

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to know the success rate of various spells to 120 skill of magery.
For example, before the last expansion if i casted energy vortex i never failed. Now sometimes i fail :(
I'd like to know if at 120 of magery EVERY spell has a 100% success.
I have 120 magery, 120 med and 120 eva int.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I usually keep my mage at 110 magery. He only has reduced success chance at a handful of spells, of which the only worth mentioning are Earth Quake and Energy Vortex. Everyone has to decide for himself whether the additional skill points are worth the increased chance on these spells.
My experience:

110 Magery: 60% success chance casting EV
115 Magery: 90% success chance casting EV
120 Magery: 100% success chance casting EV

-> 120 Magery scrolls are overrated

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At 120 magery you have a 100% chance of success. But, you can still be interrupted, and you can still attempt to summon things to invalid locations, which will make the spell not work.

Higher magery also gives you higher damage with the Mind Blast spell, and more HP healing with heal and greater heal. Increased chance of curing poison as well.

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to know the success rate of various spells to 120 skill of magery.
For example, before the last expansion if i casted energy vortex i never failed. Now sometimes i fail :(
I'd like to know if at 120 of magery EVERY spell has a 100% success.
I have 120 magery, 120 med and 120 eva int.

You have another thread on this same topic that I answered. Hope it helps.

D

DiEx80

Ok I read the 8x8 way has been disabled.. So my question is - What are ways to get to 120 Magery? If there is a FAQ on this, where is it?

C

Capt.E

A spellchannel -20 Mage weapon or higher like -29 Mage weapon. Cast flamestrike from 110 to 120.