• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

spells fizzle

M

mcrowe1082

was wondering if anyone could tell me what i could do to keep from fizzeling every time i get hit i have gm focus and 120 magery and med but still fizzle everytime i get hit by anything.

G

Gelf

u can use the protection spell but it lowers ur phys resist and drops magic resist by 35 pts, also u have to recast every time u die now

S

Salya Sin

I believe GM wrestling helps with this on top of the protection spell... just make sure you have the highest FC you can get if you keep this spell active.

Also... I am not sure... but I wonder if having Parry would help? It does with melee attacks... would it work with Spells? Dodging is dodging... anyone know?

C

Capt.E

Parry works if you have a shield equipped, but you need around 80 dex. Using a Mage weapon is a better option. Wrestle works as well, as does having anat+eval=220. Moving is probably the best option, since you really don't need to be close to cast most spells. Nothing is really going to stop you from fizzling if they are casters. Or you are getting hit by area damage. Other than protection.

M

mcrowe1082

well its not so much getting hit by spells thats bothering me its when i fight a melee character. everytime i get hit i lose concentration i have 115 mage 115 med 100 focus and eval and am now working on wrestling but wasnt' sure if wrestling would help with this or not

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well its not so much getting hit by spells that's bothering me its when i fight a melee character. every time i get hit i lose concentration i have 115 mage 115 med 100 focus and eval and am now working on wrestling but wasn't' sure if wrestling would help with this or not
First off , if you don't have 120 Magery and the melee opponent has 120 in their weapon skill they will hit you more often. Also, do you have a Mage weapon? If not you will want to have either Wrestling or Anatomy including 45% Defense Chance Increase and I guarantee you will see a big difference.

M

mcrowe1082

is it neccessary to have both wrestling and anatomy cause i'm not so much looking to make pvp mage as much as i am looking to protect myself more on treasure maps. this is what my template looks like now.

magery 115 working to 120
carto 100
picking 100
focus 100
med 115 working to 120
eval int 100 working to 120
and working wrestling now it is currently at around 68. any suggestions or should the wrestling itself take care of most of my problems?

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is it neccessary to have both wrestling and anatomy cause i'm not so much looking to make pvp mage as much as i am looking to protect myself more on treasure maps. this is what my template looks like now.

magery 115 working to 120
carto 100
picking 100
focus 100
med 115 working to 120
eval int 100 working to 120
and working wrestling now it is currently at around 68. any suggestions or should the wrestling itself take care of most of my problems?
I'd personally prefer to just have wrestle , others may disagree.

S

Sir Kenga

You may want to stick with anatomy + Eval combo, cause it takes less skillpoints than wrestling, and perfect for pure PVM.

T

Thobius

What are the set numbers compared to Wrestling?
The equation to determine your natural defence is:

(Eval INT. + Anatomy + 20 / 2)

Consequently with 120 Eval & 100 Anat you have effectively 120 Defence. Or 120 Eval & 80 Anat for GM-level Defence.

Going with Anat saves you 20 skill points in comparison to Wrestling, which you'd have to raise to 120 to have the same defence ability.

S

Sir Kenga

Let's say u go for 120 Eval anyway (as soon as u get enough gold). That's leave you 2 options go for 120 Wrestling or go for 100 Anatomy. These 2 options offer same lvl passive protection, but Wrestling has 2 active abilities and Anatomy save you 20 skillpoints.

M

mcrowe1082

well i do like the option of doing eval/anatomy combo mainly because its a whole lot easier to train anatomy than wrestling. but i like the disarm ability that comes with wrestling for those occasions that i run into reds or rare occasion that i spar with friends. so in training wrestling what is the best way to go about this? i read somewhere that there is a trick with hiring an npc and hitting with fishing pole but do not remember the details of this. does anyone know how this works? if not what is best way to gain in this skill? i have been fighthing things and using a crystal ball and hitting things that say optimal for gain but seems to be gaining at an incredibly slow pace. currently at around 68 wrestling.

S

Sir Kenga

Go to Tram, hire npc or buy a horse, say All Stay and hit it bare handed. Read a book while your wrestling go up, but make sure to attend :)

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The equation to determine your natural defence is:

(Eval INT. + Anatomy + 20 / 2)

Consequently with 120 Eval & 100 Anat you have effectively 120 Defence. Or 120 Eval & 80 Anat for GM-level Defence.

Going with Anat saves you 20 skill points in comparison to Wrestling, which you'd have to raise to 120 to have the same defence ability.
Thanks bud. I feel that extra 20+ points in skill is way more worth it because you can actually use offensive/defensive specials PvP wise.

M

mcrowe1082

thx for all the advice everyone i found trick i was looking for been using a golem and fishing pole to hit it with skill just flew along. trick is to buy fishing pole and stand on same sqare as golem use commands "all guard me" "all stop" and "all stay" then just beat the hell out of it you get max swing speed with pole in hand so with horrible dex like me you still swing fast. i went from 70 wrestling to 105 in matter of a few hours. now after a couple more hours work i am at around 113 working to 120. always watching and never afk while doing this pretty much have to since for some reason game logs me out for being idol after about 5 minutes or so.

thanks again for all the help