• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

spellbooks and disarm

• Thread starter Kith Kanan
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You obviously have no clue what you're talking about and should go back and reread the conversation until you have a firm grasp of it. Then you can come back and discuss it with a full understanding instead of the partial one you have now.
do you pvp?

K

Kith Kanan

Originally Posted by Connor_Graham
Look at it this way. A Scrapper's gives 25 SDI. A slayer spellbook gives double damage.

Which would you rather have if you were fighting a Balron, the Scrapper's, or a Demon Slayer spellbook?

Like I would fight a Balron on a wrestle mage....... And if it ment loosing all those mode for the whole fight.. I'll take my Scrappers over a slayerbook any day , bear in mind you cant have any SDI at all on your other gear , you gotta fight with 85lrc max , max 1/5 and max 30 lmc if you wanna use the slayer book .... Now do you still want to use the slayer book ???
hmm maybe you would depending on play style... now you killed the Bally and you are attacked by a maxxed out PvP'er..... how do you fare against him with your nice slayerbook ???

C

Connor_Graham

Like I would fight a Balron on a wrestle mage.......
There were Balrons down with Melissa. Did you not take this char down there?

And if it ment loosing all those mode for the whole fight.. I'll take my Scrappers over a slayerbook any day , bear in mind you cant have any SDI at all on your other gear
Sure you can, but you have to have the freedom in building your suit to be able to and not have the book be absolutely necessary in order for the character to be able to use it's primary abilities.

you gotta fight with 85lrc max
This was exactly my point. If the LRC on the book wasn't absolutely necessary, then you could swap out for the slayer spellbook and be doing more than twice the amount of damage.

K

Kith Kanan

PvP or lack therof has nothing to do with the point I'm making. I would have thought that obvious when I brought up slayer spellbooks and Balrons.

Well I dont give a diddly about disarming of spellbooks when I PvM , and neither does a fighter about getting his weapon disarmed in PvM..unless he sucks and is a major :loser:

You do know this thread is kinda about wrestle mages.. when did you last hear about peopel PvM'ing on wrestle mages ????? Not since pre AOS I recon.......

C

Connor_Graham

The point was not building suits around items that are absolutely necessary. It's obvious your Scrapper's is, I'm just saying it's not a good thing to be that dependant on one single thing in PvM or PvP, especially now that the book can be disarmed.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Most of the people using spellbooks in PvP are using them for the +skill to make wrestle necro mages possible (at least out of the ones I've seen on Europa, GL & Atlantic), if thats disarmable it's going to hit melee defense for defensive wrestle and probably resist spells.

Yeah mages can still cast with them disarmed but with them armed their not doing damage/hit spell/hld or a huge range of heal blocking or spell interupting specials, wrestle mages don't have hit lower attack (glasses/gloves/books) so comparing disarming a weapon to disarming a spellbook isn't even on the same level.

It's a pointless change that just hinders an underdog template. I'd favour a nerf to mage weapons over this.
If they made it so that hitting a wrestler with disarm took away their wrestling for 5s then I could understand it. Taking off their spellbook when their used in an entirely different way to weapons isn't a change for the better.

K

Kith Kanan

There were Balrons down with Melissa. Did you not take this char down there?

Sure you can, but you have to have the freedom in building your suit to be able to and not have the book be absolutely necessary in order for the character to be able to use it's primary abilities.

This was exactly my point. If the LRC on the book wasn't absolutely necessary, then you could swap out for the slayer spellbook and be doing more than twice the amount of damage.
M8 I went to fight Mel I would sure as hell not take my wrestle mage

and sure i got the freedom , but this is about maxxing your suit , its not like its hard to make a 100% lrc suit.. but an all 70's( higher fire and nox ofc ) , 40 lmc , 100 lrc , mr 12+ , 2/6 , 45+ dci , 20+ dex , 20+ hpi , 15 sdi
suit build for PvP is kinda a different matter , and I cant use anything less...

C

Connor_Graham

I said Melissa, not Melisande. Melissa was the 2nd part of the recent quest chain where you got a cloak and a 25k point ticket.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You obviously have no clue what you're talking about and should go back and reread the conversation until you have a firm grasp of it. Then you can come back and discuss it with a full understanding instead of the partial one you have now.

Cya in a bit.

*waves*
Um, actually, Connor ... you have missed the point. Spellbooks (or weapons) don't get disarmed in PvM. Kith is not fighting balrons. A slayer spellbook is going to be uselsess to Kith unless you know of a magical "PC Slayer". Kith even made reference to the fact that the character has 700 counts. Not gonna be in Doom anytime soon, eh?

Kith, I did not mean to come across as bitchy. For years mages spellbooks did not have properties at all. People were wrestle mages long before the Scrapper's came out and they did okay. You might need to tweak your suit, but in a PvP situation, all the Scrapper's is really giving you is FC/FCR and LRC. You can pick that stuff up on other things. It might take a little time, but you can do it. The SDI is moot - the cap in PvP is 15. The Totem of Void alone gives 10, right? Add the Kasa, or a ring with a 8 and you are already over cap. Same thing with the MR ... 1-2 MR does not make a real significant difference, especially since they changed mana regen.

Your argument about losing that many properties in one swing is falling on deaf ears because if my weapon has HCI, DCI, HLD, HLA and DI, I lose the same amount when disarmed. I also lose the ability to hit at all or use specials. You can still para and disarm when you are disarmed, plus cast.

I am really not trying to be mean ... I am trying to say you are blowing the impact this will have out of proportion with a knee-jerk reaction. Also - not only wrestle mages use spellbooks. They did not nerf "your" template. Alot of necro/mages opt for spellbooks over SoM - for alot of reasons. Look at it this way - at least it is only a Scrapper's gonna fall out of your hands, not a Tome of Enlightment (or whichever one it is that has +15 Magery). I could be in alot of trouble if I am spawning and someone comes along and disarms my spellbook ... but I take that with a grain of salt. I chose to make such a crowded template, and I will take the consequences of that choice.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The point was not building suits around items that are absolutely necessary. It's obvious your Scrapper's is, I'm just saying it's not a good thing to be that dependant on one single thing in PvM or PvP, especially now that the book can be disarmed.
well duh, the point is they just threw it out there as a bug fix with no explanation or anything. this is a somewhat big pvp issue.

his scrapper's was absolutely necessary to his suit, he had no reason to believe spellbooks would ever become disarmable. every item a pvp'er uses is carefully selected to compliment every other item in the suit, the template and his or her playstyle. you don't seem to understand that.

now that spellbooks have been nerfed, obviously his scrapper's is not absolutely necessary anymore specifically because it can't be.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I said Melissa, not Melisande. Melissa was the 2nd part of the recent quest chain where you got a cloak and a 25k point ticket.
i turned in one item for a 100 point ticket during the entire event and gave the ticket to some newb. the only useful item for me was the snake skin boots which i just bought from somebody.

i looked at the list of items for the turn in and i didn't understand why i would need any of them so i just didn't bother.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i turned in one item for a 100 point ticket during the entire event and gave the ticket to some newb. the only useful item for me was the snake skin boots which i just bought from somebody.

i looked at the list of items for the turn in and i didn't understand why i would need any of them so i just didn't bother.
Not to mention that with Kith's character being red and all (that IS what 700 counts does, right?) there was absolutely now way he could have taken it to Ilsh to do the Melissa thing ....

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For years mages spellbooks did not have properties at all. People were wrestle mages long before the Scrapper's came out and they did okay. You might need to tweak your suit
the point is not that people's feelings have been hurt or whatever. everyone will just adapt. i just want to know why the Dev team decided this change needed to be made.

i think we deserve an explanation besides throwing it in as a "bug fix" alongside fixing arcane gloves and the spelling of a word on a statue.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can understand your desire for a more in-depth explaination. The thought came to mind that perhaps it IS a bug fix ... maybe they always were supposed to be disarm-able, but no one went back to fix it when the original code did not work?

It does open an extra slot for "suit" mods that is not open to other templates (which is something people howl about with things like damage modifiers on quivers). Perhaps it was never their intention to make it so that it was a free and clear new slot? Just some thoughts. It does deserve a bit of clarification.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can understand your desire for a more in-depth explaination. The thought came to mind that perhaps it IS a bug fix ... maybe they always were supposed to be disarm-able, but no one went back to fix it when the original code did not work?

It does open an extra slot for "suit" mods that is not open to other templates (which is something people howl about with things like damage modifiers on quivers). Perhaps it was never their intention to make it so that it was a free and clear new slot? Just some thoughts. It does deserve a bit of clarification.
well they must have known full well what they were getting into when they introduced modded spellbooks. thats' why i don't buy the bit about it being a bug fix.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One other thing for Connor. You are looking at this from a PvM perspective. Sure, in PvM it is not to hard to build a suit that does not rely on a single piece. In PvP this is not the case. I bet you would not think much of losing 20 HCI, because it is not going to have a significant impact on your battle with a balron. I, however, would be devestated if my Leggings of Bane suddenly went "poof" because that WOULD have a significant impact on my battle with PvPDooD3.

The only "rule" along these lines I have heard in making PvP suits is: Do not build your suit/template around a single weapon. Be you a mage with a Staff of Magi or Mage Wep (both disarmable) or a dexer with God Fork (also disarmable). This is why PvP mages do not use the Boomstick. It is gonna get disarmed. Now spellbooks are added to that list.

K

Kith Kanan

I dont do farming and stuff that borres me , so nope I didnt :) And I kinda couldnt because that was trammy rule set only thingy if I'm correct....

C

Connor_Graham

Um, actually, Connor ... you have missed the point. Spellbooks (or weapons) don't get disarmed in PvM.
I understand that, and that is completely beside the point. If he had built his suit so that it wasn't dependant on that one single item, which isn't even part of the suit to begin with, he'd be sitting golden right now as this change wouldn't even affect him. What he ended up doing is turning an item that should have been "useful" into something that was "necessary", and is now biting him in the ass and causing him to have to redo his entire suit because he has to change a single item. This is EXACTLY why I tell people NOT to do this when they build a suit. This holds true for both PvM and PvP.

This is why I use the Hunter's Headdress as an example. If an Archer decides to build a suit and his template to take advantage of the +20 skill points, he's locked into that one single item. If he decides to change to the M&S glasses, he has to change his entire suit AND his template to do so.

K

Kith Kanan

Um, actually, Connor ... you have missed the point. Spellbooks (or weapons) don't get disarmed in PvM. Kith is not fighting balrons. A slayer spellbook is going to be uselsess to Kith unless you know of a magical "PC Slayer". Kith even made reference to the fact that the character has 700 counts. Not gonna be in Doom anytime soon, eh?

Kith, I did not mean to come across as bitchy. For years mages spellbooks did not have properties at all. People were wrestle mages long before the Scrapper's came out and they did okay. You might need to tweak your suit, but in a PvP situation, all the Scrapper's is really giving you is FC/FCR and LRC. You can pick that stuff up on other things. It might take a little time, but you can do it. The SDI is moot - the cap in PvP is 15. The Totem of Void alone gives 10, right? Add the Kasa, or a ring with a 8 and you are already over cap. Same thing with the MR ... 1-2 MR does not make a real significant difference, especially since they changed mana regen.

Your argument about losing that many properties in one swing is falling on deaf ears because if my weapon has HCI, DCI, HLD, HLA and DI, I lose the same amount when disarmed. I also lose the ability to hit at all or use specials. You can still para and disarm when you are disarmed, plus cast.

I am really not trying to be mean ... I am trying to say you are blowing the impact this will have out of proportion with a knee-jerk reaction. Also - not only wrestle mages use spellbooks. They did not nerf "your" template. Alot of necro/mages opt for spellbooks over SoM - for alot of reasons. Look at it this way - at least it is only a Scrapper's gonna fall out of your hands, not a Tome of Enlightment (or whichever one it is that has +15 Magery). I could be in alot of trouble if I am spawning and someone comes along and disarms my spellbook ... but I take that with a grain of salt. I chose to make such a crowded template, and I will take the consequences of that choice.

hehe no offence taken or anything , and I hear ya , but this is a 90% wrestle mage only nerf , and thats the weakest mage you can build more or less , thats what upsets me , and not many pvp necro-mages i know opts for the book over a sc 20 mageweapon with 15 dci and other properties :)

What irks me is they nerf the weakest mage templet there is for no reason.. not that I cant get around using the book , I dont want to , I choose it for a reason , the nerf just ruins a perfectly nice suit for no apparent reason ,but me I'll just play another char , and a 20+ mill spellbook will be collecting dust

K

Kith Kanan

I understand that, and that is completely beside the point. If he had built his suit so that it wasn't dependant on that one single item, which isn't even part of the suit to begin with, he'd be sitting golden right now as this change wouldn't even affect him. What he ended up doing is turning an item that should have been "useful" into something that was "necessary", and is now biting him in the ass and causing him to have to redo his entire suit because he has to change a single item. This is EXACTLY why I tell people NOT to do this when they build a suit. This holds true for both PvM and PvP.

This is why I use the Hunter's Headdress as an example. If an Archer decides to build a suit and his template to take advantage of the +20 skill points, he's locked into that one single item. If he decides to change to the M&S glasses, he has to change his entire suit AND his template to do so.

All true but that what it takes to build a suit , and I dont mind adapting if there is a good reaon for the fix/nerf/... but I cant see no reason for this at all !! , Another big diff is that I cant be arsed to build a diff suit for the weakest mage temp there is , book was used in a 4/6 chiv mage suit before they where nerfed , now its gonna end up in a box , and prob not gonna get used for a looooong time , best use of a 20+ mill item :)

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly I hafta agree with a lot of the whining about the disarm. There's just no reason to take a book out of a mage's hands. Most hardcore pvpers don't use a book so there's no reason to punish those who elect to use a book like the replica one with LRC. That's just mean.

Please Dev's. Rethink this fix and poll your audience and tests from test center. I think most people won't be too happy with this change.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is EXACTLY why I tell people NOT to do this when they build a suit. This holds true for both PvM and PvP.
you act like there was some way of knowing this was going to happen. there wasn't. no one had any idea that spellbooks would be getting nerfed.

do you have a magic crystal ball of nerf prediction?

can a Dev please answer this question: Why did you make this change?

S

Sir Kenga

Kith ... not alot of people are going to agree with you here. My template depends heavily on my weapon ... I mean, without it, I can't do ANY DAMAGE AT ALL! Yet you, with a book in your hand, can disarm me. I lose DCI, Mana Leech, Damage Increase AND the ability to do any damage at all!

You? You loose a bit of SDI, which your Scrappers overcaps you on anyway (PvP cap is 15) and you probably have near to cap from other items, like you Totem of the Void. You lose 1 FC and 1 FCR ... tbh you should be 2/5 without your Scrapper's anyway; but if you aren't, casting an itty bit slower for a few seconds is not gonna be the end of the world.
General mistake of people playing dexxers. There is 1 HUGE difference between dexxer disarm and wrestle mage disarm. Dexxer can disarm non stop and still make damage every 1.25sec. If mage wants to disarm, he stops casting and only tryes to disarm. So it's not the same at all. Wrestle mages were nerfed long ago. :gun:

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
General mistake of people playing dexxers. There is 1 HUGE difference between dexxer disarm and wrestle mage disarm. Dexxer can disarm non stop and still make damage every 1.25sec. If mage wants to disarm, he stops casting and only tryes to disarm. So it's not the same at all. Wrestle mages were nerfed long ago. :gun:
It is for this reason that I have always thought that a wrestle mage should be able to do specials while casting.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't necessarily say they can do it non-stop. A bit over an over-exaggeration. After-all, mana is required to use it and unless your talking about the "ubber"armored and over stocked enchantments and all. And not everyone is that stacked.

But anyways, someone has still yet to give a real reason why disarming books is bad...

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For years mages spellbooks did not have properties at all. People were wrestle mages long before the Scrapper's came out and they did okay. You might need to tweak your suit
the point is not that people's feelings have been hurt or whatever. everyone will just adapt. i just want to know why the Dev team decided this change needed to be made.

i think we deserve an explanation besides throwing it in as a "bug fix" alongside fixing arcane gloves and the spelling of a word on a statue.

Maybe one explanation is the fact that ALL warrior classes have been suffering with the loss of mods while Disarmed for years. Its about time that Mages feel some Disarm pain. And their pain isnt half as bad as its only the possible loss of mods and not their entire primary offense
Disarm should be taken out of the game altogether.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You do know this thread is kinda about wrestle mages.. when did you last hear about peopel PvM'ing on wrestle mages ????? Not since pre AOS I recon.......
I PvM on a wrestle mage. And with LRC its really easy. Being that you're not toe-to-toe. After all, thats what magery is about for the most part, not having to be toe-to-toe. I even managed to kill a Balron with a wrestle mage. And this is also AFTER AOS. Whats your point?

K

Kith Kanan

Ehhh if you not toe to toe with the target why would you use a wrestle mage to PvM with ??? .. unless ofc its your only mage.... for PvM I prefer a necro mage with nox or SW , wrestling is kinda waste of skill points , as I tend not to get hit much in PvM on a mage.. kinda like you posted yourself....

but this thread is not about PvM but about PvP .... and wrestling mages kinda didnt need a nerf imho.. they werent excactly the powerhouse of PvP...

S

Spector_Napa

I completely agree with JC. This has been something that needed fixing for a very long time. I don't see where mages get off complaining about this FIX. If a warrior gets disarmed he is dead in the water, useless until he can re-arm. And he can be disarmed by a mage who has his hands full with a spell book and a shield using "wrestling"? Come on. Now that we can disarm a mage so what? We take away a little of their overpowered book benefits for a limited time, during which they CAN STILL CAST offensive and defensive spells. Grow up, and suck it up. What they should have done IMHO is make it so a mage book MUST be equipped to cast any spell, and disarming the book makes it so a mage is just as useless as a warrior who has been disarmed. How does that sit with ya? Stop whining and be glad your mages are still overpowered. This is by no means a nerf, its a long awaited fix!
MAGES OVERPOWERED? no sir mages are not overpowered. any dumb warrior can kill a decent mage. being able to heal/deal damage all while moving the entire time? seems kinda rediculous to me. I think your problem lies in your inability to build a decent warrior. making you worse then dumb :( AND if you actually played a mage who used a spellbook youd more then likely have incorporated your book into your suit. so ya losing 1 fc and 1fcr and 10 lmc and all your sdi is a pretty big deal when your being chased by warriors who can kill you without having to stop and cast a spell

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
MAGES OVERPOWERED? no sir mages are not overpowered. any dumb warrior can kill a decent mage. being able to heal/deal damage all while moving the entire time? seems kinda rediculous to me. I think your problem lies in your inability to build a decent warrior. making you worse then dumb :( AND if you actually played a mage who used a spellbook youd more then likely have incorporated your book into your suit. so ya losing 1 fc and 1fcr and 10 lmc and all your sdi is a pretty big deal when your being chased by warriors who can kill you without having to stop and cast a spell
Now, WHY would you lose all your SDI if your book is disarmed? In case you are not aware, SDI can be in more than just the book.
And I think it's a pretty big deal if a warrior gets his weapon disarmed too.

S

Spector_Napa

Now, WHY would you lose all your SDI if your book is disarmed?
Like i said before. if you actually played a wrestle mage with a scrappers, you would most likely incorporate the scrappers mods into your suit. meaning you dont have to have any sdi on any other piece.
and yes if a warrior gets disarmed he can deal no damage! that is very bad for them. but considering u dont have to stop to heal yourself while a mage has to stop to cast offensive on you. im pretty sure the disarm only matters against slow slow people. at which point you really should limit your pvp or if you dont want to then u should forfit your rights to speaking about pvp period.

S

ShadowJack

Disarm should be taken out of the game altogether.

when you could disarm/steal with armslore/stealing was some of the most fun I've ever had in UO.

take all the weps/bandies what not and then kill them with a dpd newbie dagger.

My thief used to run around naked and just plain owned.

Fact.

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man this is one of the stupidest nerfs I have ever seen. I wonder what possible reason developers have for nerfing wrestling? A dev probably plays a dexxer (wouldn't suprise me with the amount of stupid nerfs to mages that have been coming in e.g tactics nerf/rubberbanding) and got frustrated.

S

Spector_Napa

Really the only reason most people play wrestle mages is because their broke and cant afford the gear to make a real mage. i myself only have one real mage suit but i play 6 mages total. differnt combos of tameing,necro,spellweaving,poisoning,inscribe and wrestling on most of those templates because in order to make a pvp standable suit i need to use all the mods that my spellbook has to offer. what about the mages who use the LRC on their book. thus rendering them extremely vunerable to the ol NOT ENOUGH REAGENTS.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like i said before. if you actually played a wrestle mage with a scrappers, you would most likely incorporate the scrappers mods into your suit. meaning you dont have to have any sdi on any other piece.
and yes if a warrior gets disarmed he can deal no damage! that is very bad for them. but considering u dont have to stop to heal yourself while a mage has to stop to cast offensive on you. im pretty sure the disarm only matters against slow slow people. at which point you really should limit your pvp or if you dont want to then u should forfit your rights to speaking about pvp period.
So, a mage is unable to cast min-heals over and over and still be able to evade? It is still possible for mages to use heal themselves and evade people at the same time. 2/6 casting is no problem at all and SDI can still be on their jewels. Most mages do have 2/6 not counting the book. And granted its a wrestle mage they still can disarm. Disarming a book is not a terribly big dis-advantage. And there are plenty of other more useful specials to use than disarm on a mage.

K

Kith Kanan

Now, WHY would you lose all your SDI if your book is disarmed? In case you are not aware, SDI can be in more than just the book.

If you got sdi on other parts of your gear when you run with a Scrapper then your kinda wasting a property slot that could be used for some other mod.....

Same goes for other properties on the book.... we dont use the book for show but because of the mods , so saying we could just have those mods on other parts of the gear is kinda silly dont you think.....

S

Spector_Napa

So, a mage is unable to cast min-heals over and over and still be able to evade? It is still possible for mages to use heal themselves and evade people at the same time. 2/6 casting is no problem at all and SDI can still be on their jewels. Most mages do have 2/6 not counting the book. And granted its a wrestle mage they still can disarm. Disarming a book is not a terribly big dis-advantage. And there are plenty of other more useful specials to use than disarm on a mage.
OK clearly u have little to no experience with a wrestle mage. i dont blame ya. and ud be suprised how many mages who use scrappers would only be 1/5 when disarmed or even 1/4.
and once again. 25%sdi on scrappers. if your using a scrappers why would you waste a ring mod on sdi when u can have lmc or lrc or dci?

Have you ever tried to fight any warrior with 1/5 casting?
Try it out. let me know how you do.

and as for the mage disarming. since u have no experience playing a wrestle mage ill let u in on a secret. MOST times u can die before you ever disarm anybody. and most definately in most cases by the time you get the disarm off you need to heal yourself at which point the warrior is rearmed.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK clearly u have little to no experience with a wrestle mage. i dont blame ya. and ud be suprised how many mages who use scrappers would only be 1/5 when disarmed or even 1/4.
and once again. 25%sdi on scrappers. if your using a scrappers why would you waste a ring mod on sdi when u can have lmc or lrc or dci?

and as for the mage disarming. since u have no experience playing a wrestle mage ill let u in on a secret. MOST times u can die before you ever disarm anybody.
Ok then. Your the first who can actually make a clear argument :p Thanks.
As opposed to just saying it's bad.
I have done a wrestle mage, but I never made it around the scrappers. In that case yes I can see how it will be a problem to the wrestle mage who is entirely dependent on the scrappers. Will just have to wait and see how it actually fairs after the publish.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey! I do it with 0/5 and I rock! (in my own world ... as I run behind you and pray to god you kill them for me!) ;)

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If you got sdi on other parts of your gear when you run with a Scrapper then your kinda wasting a property slot that could be used for some other mod.....

Same goes for other properties on the book.... we dont use the book for show but because of the mods , so saying we could just have those mods on other parts of the gear is kinda silly dont you think.....

What is silly is relying on 1 piece of gear(not even an armor slot for cryin' out loud)to make your whole suit work.
I said it before and i will say it again; why is it that as a wrestlemage you feel all righteously angry about getting your spellbook disarmed but you seem to have zero problems with a warrior getting his weapon disarmed?
Because the fact that wrestlemages were not currently overpowered is not a valid argument against a logical tweak.

Please explain to me why its ok for warriors to lose mods when disarmed but its not ok for mages to lose mods when disarmed?

Anyone...

Bueller?...

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ehhh if you not toe to toe with the target why would you use a wrestle mage to PvM with ??? .. unless ofc its your only mage.... for PvM I prefer a necro mage with nox or SW , wrestling is kinda waste of skill points , as I tend not to get hit much in PvM on a mage.. kinda like you posted yourself....

but this thread is not about PvM but about PvP .... and wrestling mages kinda didnt need a nerf imho.. they werent excactly the powerhouse of PvP...
not to mention a wrestle mage PvM's all of the time at champ spawns. i carry every slayer book and i've killed 10's of thousands of monsters. it's just not efficient to be PvM'ing in Trammel on a wrestle mage.