• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Inscription] Spellbook Making

So as a returning player, i see a lot of mighty spellbooks with up to 50 SDI on them flying around with 3 mods and such.. So far i have a 120 mage/scribe and best I have made is 1 slayer, with some LRC and LMC that is below par.. How do they max out over and over the books i see? Just waste scrolls over and over?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So as a returning player, i see a lot of mighty spellbooks with up to 50 SDI on them flying around with 3 mods and such.. So far i have a 120 mage/scribe and best I have made is 1 slayer, with some LRC and LMC that is below par.. How do they max out over and over the books i see? Just waste scrolls over and over?
Those 50 SDI books were from a couple of events. You can't make them. Crafted magery spellbooks have a max SDI of around 10-12 I think. You can craft a Scrappers Compendium with 25 SDI, but it takes special ingredients (and you have to have "read" the recipe for it.

Deschet

Journeyman
Was reading over this today since I was recently trying to craft myself some slayer books and was curious. Believe the max SDI that can be inscribed is 9%. Check out the link below to see other max properties that can be inscribed on a spellbook (2 FCR, 1FC, etc.).

Thanks, I have scrappers, and can make them. Just saw some on ATL for insane SDI, with Slayers, max LRC and LMC.. normal spellbooks - was at brit tram gate.. Looking on LA shard, I find a few like that, and I tried burning 1k scrolls, got a few slayer books, but most were just 1 or 2 mods, I have yet to make a 3 or 4 mod book, so figure I would ask! Thanks for responses and links.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is also a Guaranteed Spellbook Improvement Talisman available as the top Inscription BOD reward. I just recently went for it for the first time and lucked out getting a 30/30 GSI Talisman. You can make better spellbooks with it but do your research first as it only has 10 charges.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
While the 48-49-50 SDI books are a bit pricey, you can probably find some in the low 40's for very reasonable price. Still a very good damage boost for a returning player on a mage.