• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spell Weaving Scrolls?

G

The FAQ says :

off new monsters in new dungeons. considering I am new to game this doesnt help me much.

More specific info or an update to the FAQ would help.

B

Barticus

I believe that scrolls can be found on monsters spawning in any of the new (i.e., Ilshenar) dungeons. I collected a few at the Painted Caves from Trogolodytes before getting the rest from a friendly player on Oceania. They are a bit of a bugger to get.

You may find this useful also
http://www.aschulze.net/ultima/9th/index.htm

I

imported_Farsight

I had the same problem when I was new. Nobody would tell me what the heck a ML dungeon was.

So here is the short and sweet answer.

You can find scrolls in:
Labyrinth, which spawns minotaurs and Miasma
The Citadel, which spawns humans and Travesty
Sanctuary, which spawns mostly repond creatures
Bedlam, which spawns undead
Twisted Weald, which spawns changelings, spiders and cu sidhe
Blighted Grove, which spawns animals and Lady Mel
Palace of Paroxysmus, which spawns balrons, poison elementals, grizzles and of course Paroxysmus
Prism of Light, which spawns crystal things and shimmering effusion
Painted Cave, which spawn Troglodytes, Lurg and Grobu

You find most scrolls on named monsters (Lurg, Grobu, Miasma, Swoop, Silk, Irk, etc etc), but I've found a rare scroll on other creatures in the same dungeons, the more powerful, the more likely to find a scroll. My books come almost exclusively from Miasma, where I usually find one or two scrolls per run, which for me lasts about 15-20 minutes. Some scrolls are harder to find than others. For example, I haven't seen a nature's fury drop for me in quite some time, and nearly every other drop seems to be wildfire.