• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spell Weave Template

G

I havent seen much in the ways of templates for spellweaving. I see a lot of people using it from time to time and was curious about it. Should it be built around a fighter template or mage template. Seen a few bards and tamers with it as well. Can i get some suggestions. This is strictly for pvm use only and i have a wide range of characters that i can add spellweaving ( 120 skill ) to. Just curious which would be the most fun and viable to play.

G

Spellweaving can benefit any sort of character. Warriors dont need as much skill to benefit however. Spells like natures fury, attunment and gift of renewl are amazing. The draw back to spellweaving however is the large mana cost. A warrior if hes human can get 5 or 6 spells for free with the jack of all trades. So you can do any warrior template you desire. Sure you will fail a bit but it takes 0 skill to cast these spells. For mages however the spellweaving can be very strong. My arcanist runs this template.
120 magery
120 eval
120 med
120 spellweaving
120 resist spell
80 poisoning
40 chiv
This is a rather odd template i know, but its great for area control (spawns) and peerless. The area effect spells (essence of wind, thunderstorm and wildfire) are great in wraith form at champs. I use a +30 necro jewelry set and ossain grimore to get into wraith. I do however also pvp with this guy a bit (Nessecity if raided at spawn)
My buddy runs a 7x gm necro mage weaver, his template is something along the lines of this
100 necro (105 with tali)
100 ss (110 with tali)
95 magery (120 with tome of lost knowledge and alcemist bauble)
110 eval
100 spellweaving
100 resist spell
100 med

A tamer template i would imagine looks like this...
120 taming
120 lore
100 vet
120 med
120 mage
120 spellweaving

Pretty much spellweaving can be added to anything. It will help any template you can come up with...

A big issue if you cant get into wraith will be mana, Spellweaving eats mana. I suggest if you arn't going to be using wraith (or lich form for that matter) to go 120 med and possibly some focus. Weapon skill on a pvm mage isnt very important, if you find you get hit a lot use a mage weap. My mage runs staff of magi and slayer book when applicable. If you find you do a lot of peerless try to buff up your sdi, that word of death will hit big numbers.(Always cast arcane empowerment before word of death too :p)

I will say this about spellweaving however. If you play solo a lot it's effective but not incredible. With a level 6 focus it is incredible. The effects, area, damage, duration of all spells increases so much. Once you get a level 6 focus you wont want to play without one.
I hope i was of some help, spellweaving is a fun skill and i highly suggest it for any character. Warriors benefit from 'weaving but i belive Mages are the way to go.

G

That is a lot of good info. I got a sweet mage to throw it on ( 120 magery 110 med 100 focus 120 eval 100 alch 100 scribe ). I would stone off alchy or scribe obviously to make it work. I have mana regen suit of 16 with 100 lrc and 28 LMC. Mana shouldnt be a problem as i never run out of mana.

G

Sounds like a solid mana machine hehe. I would personally try for a little more lmc but that should be really good. I find that i use attunment, and gift of renewl the most. The one major drawback i find with spellweaving is the wait timer on some spells. Gets frustrating when your shield gets sucked up and you got to wait a few mins to get it back. Oh and gift of life should always be on, in case of an unfournete demise you can res up immediatly. Also I do belive that compassion virtue applies to this res. I also highly highly suggest trying to get into wraith form for some peerless. (Lady melisande in particular) At the end you can wod her non stop with the wraith form mana leech. My group usually take 3 weavers and when hitting her for 500+ wods we finish her with non of the ending spawn. Good luck and I hope spellweaving works out for you, I am forever bound to its magiks.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I`ve been trying for awhile now for a Good Melee dps template with spellweaving. Can`t say I have had any sucess yet ><

G

I run a 4x120 bard with 120 mage and weave. I have a little tip for using word of death at the end of peerless that many may or may not know about.

I carry necro stuff to go wraith, and leave the bloodwood spirit on my weaver, when in wraith form, with my sdi stuff and arcane empowerment I leech back all of my mana that I use. only 10 spirit speak from the bloodwood spirit leeches back all of the mana, however with sdi and arcane empowerment I do around 600 damage per wod, just food for though.

I

imported_Farsight

Like Wu said, any sort of character can benifit from spellweaving.

My bard has:
115 Music
115 Provoke
110 Magery
100 Resist
100 Meditation
And about 80 EI and Spellweaving

Several of her skills are boosted by ability enhancing jewels as well. But having a level 4 or 5 focus makes her provoke skills almost uneccesary. She usually uses an ogre lord of some kind and spams a lot of essence of wind and nature's fury. You can annihilate the lower levels of champion spawns by yourself in just a couple of minutes with that template. The upper levels are easily handled by provoking. The problem is, she can't finish the champ alone.

My mage is simply 6x120 (eventually, still working on scroll collection) magery, EI, med, resist, wrestling and spellweaving. With a suit very similar to the one described earlier (I have only 95% LRC, 12 mana regen, but 40% LMC), I never run out of mana and thus have fun with spellweaving.

My human warrior, having learned a trick with gift of renewal, is about to do the spellweaving quest, but won't add any real points to the skill. Instead, he'll use a bunch of friends with no skill to get a high level focus (easy to find others with no spell weaving), cast gift of renewal on himself, then run head first into spawns that he wouldn't dream of running into without a plan right now. That tactic works like a charm for my mage (the one I just described).

I also have a friend who uses spellweaving on his archer simply out of laziness. He casts nature's fury in order to get the spawns working on something, then doesn't have to run around while he makes a new pin cushion.

Honestly, I wouldn't try a champion or peerless without someone who has spellweaving.

G

Okay so you dont have med or eval on your Bard. That is good to know cause i do have a 4x 120 bard. I can get her a awesome 100 lrc resist suit with high mana regen no problem. I will start working on it. Thanks Pirate

I

imported_Merv_DeGriff

Ya, Eval does jack for spell weaving so no reason to use it unless you have magery. I've seen a weaver bard or two and was pretty impressed. Try it.

G

I have this suit, brightsight, pendant of magi, rune beetle carapace, stitchers mittens, spell woven britches, boom stick, vesper choas shield, sdi/fcr/fc/lrc ring and bracelet, nice sleeves. I think that's about it, I do have kasa of rajin and nice gorget that I can switch out.

sometimes I run out of mana, but I pick my battles.

A nice trick to learn is to have a macro set up to cast invis...

And say a UOAssist macro set to your mouse wheel to use provoke.

I cast invis, then roll my mousewheel, and target each target for my provoke attempt, then the invis cursor pops up within a second of my last targeted provoke... so pass or fail I'm about to go invis with a little click of my target self macro.

It helps out allot for working in dangerous spots.... I use it to voke twin paragon ballys, a cu sidhe I've lured to the swamp in twisted weald to take out a discorded irk when I'm fetching dread keys, for the last room in the citadel for that orange key, you name it.

I

imported_Chad Sexington

Anyone run a Mage Necro Arcanist with no Eval?

Trying to think up a good one for my brother. He doesn't play nearly as much as I do and I need (to exploit) him for an arcane circle. The purpose of the character is that she's a scribe with necromancy. It's part of her rp so I can't give that up.

With Crystalline, Bloodwood Spirit, and Spellwoven that'll give 20 magery, 20 focus, 10 med, 10 ss, and 5 necro so I figure:

120 Magery
100 Inscription
120 Med
100 Necromancy
120 Spirit Speak
100 Spellweaving
100 Resist

*5 Points left over.

It's between Resist and Eval and I figure Resist would be best. Most of the killing would be done with EV's and Nature's Fury's anyway. You already got your direct damage from Poison Strikes and Whither and you still get the Magery utility spells like inivis, heal, cure, teleport, recall, gate, and EV's.

120 Magery / 100 Inscription is a must for any serious scribing.

Anyone else run something similar? Something without Eval?

I

imported_Merv_DeGriff

I don't have Eval... but I'm not casting at things, I just summon random crap and hide because I am 1) lazy and 2) sneaky.

You WILL need meditation! Chain summoning NF's and EV's will drain you like a sieve. Spellweaving will make you crave MR items like mad. WoD, Wildfire, etc. all chew mana.

I

imported_kinney42

I agree that spellweaving is a serious drain on Mana but I don't seem to have any issues really. Having med and focus is great! I am continuously casting and never have mana problems. I use a spell casting SOB with the following....

Magery 120 (100 real)
Eval 120
Spirit Speak 110 (100 real)
Necro 120 (100 real)
Spellweaving 100
Med 100
Focus 120 (100 real)

Have a sick amount of skill points added through items and I love it!
Seriously though, animating the dead corpses has to be the most fun thing ever in this game!

A

alessandrov81

imo for a tamer it's a waste since it has sufficient skill to put on magery and eva int, which is overall better.
with a mage is a waste too (imo) because you can't do 2 spells in the same moment, flamestrie it's better than wod and vortex are much better than spellweav. evocations, in addition spellweav. bonuses advantages warrior (or archers)

imo spellweaving is usefull because it takes much less skill points of magery+ eva int to do considerable damage with WoD and some other minor, but significant, bonuses (usefull in pvp too)

i think it suits well for an archer (or maybe a warrior) is better... need SoS +25 and a high stats increase armor.

Mt archer-spellweaver (elven) has:

100 str
120 dex (i use potions to reach 150)
70 int (100 mana)

lmc is 39 fc 2 mana reg 6 i use jewels for a +36 skill (and hci capped with divine fury) but if you have an old accouut it's feasible too

skills:
120 archery
120 tact
120 ana
90 heal
65 chiv
100 resspell
110-120 spellweav
20 focus (optional)

very fun to play

D

derealcanuckeh

few templates that I run with

mage weaver necro
120 mage med eval necro Spirit speak and weave

Sick champ spawner can also hold own in raid just have to be careful about the lack of resist spells and have trap box on you at all times.
Crazy dmg once you can cast WOD on champ ....drops like a trammy at yew gate in wraith form never run out of mana ( sometimes need wisp up to regen but for the most part you don't have to worry )

Mage tamer Weaver

120 Mage Med Tame Vet Lore Weaver

Do the whole tank thing gift of renewal on the pet so you can stand back and heal with magery and then once the baddie is down you can WOD ( great for swoops and other higher end baddies travesty mel whatever ) Less dmg from spells but thats why you have pets!!

PVP mage

120 Mage med eval Weave Resist and either 120 wrestle or 100 scribe with 20 focus

120 wrestle is better for evasion unless you are running with a mage weapon and your never casting WOD really just the area affect spells so its a bit of a waste to go to 120 but I did and its good to have and if you need to do high dmg ( red ganking a champ ( final hit on a champ ) its handy to know you won't fail

I

imported_Duku

My template, for pvm ^^

Bushido 120
Tactics 120
Anatomy 120
Mace 120
SW 120
Necro 40
Chivalry 80

Equip:
Totem (HCI + str)
Heart of lion (resist + dci)
Fey Leggs (dci)
Nobility (Di)
lmc 7 mi 8 resist gorget
Lmc 8 high resist sleeves
1 3 hci 15 lmc 5 + fire resist ring
Ornament (2/3 lmc 10%)
Void (lmc 10%)
15 10 fc 1 verite shield
Crimson
+2 pr Verite Cloak

Diamond Mace DI 40 SSI 25% HLD 26 HMl 45% HLL 40%

Parowy Swamp :p

Total:
70s resist
fc 4 fcr 6
lmc 40
dci 50 hci 45

Stat (elf), with +25 sos, and i usually use str + dext greter pot
125 (hp)

I enjoy myself a lot: i dont like parry, no fun, so i put on Sw.. With every spell (especially when i can cast 4-5 level Arcane Focus) i can survive to the most different situation: i have tryed paroxy, no problems, i will try soon other boss

C

Chameleon

For resisting spells, Is there any significant difference between..

1) 100 & 110
2) 110 & 115?

I see many templetes posted here with just GM resist spell. is it enough?
want to see if it's worth investing the extra points into resist spell or just throw them into spellweave.