• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spell Casting interruption

C

Cullyn

Guys I need some advice.
Since I reactivated my account the other day my casters are struggling. I keep getting a lot of interruption when casting. If I remember rightly from days of old, having GM wrestling used to prevent this to large degree. But now?
Every little hit or spell breaks my concentration and causes the spell to fail. Yes, even hits from a rat. What am I missing here?

C

Cloak&Dagger

Guys I need some advice.
Since I reactivated my account the other day my casters are struggling. I keep getting a lot of interruption when casting. If I remember rightly from days of old, having GM wrestling used to prevent this to large degree. But now?
Every little hit or spell breaks my concentration and causes the spell to fail. Yes, even hits from a rat. What am I missing here?
Not sure why I am in this particular Forum since I don't play there at all. But Actually being hit has always caused you to fizzle, short of having certain spells active.

Having GM wrestling now still helps limit how often you get hit, thus limits how often you will fizzle. Being hit by a spell will cuase you to fizzle every time.

Casting the "protection" spell will stop you from fizzling but it will greatly lower your casting speed, that is assuming you have faster casting 2 (not completely sure if can cuase you to get a negative Faster casting rating or not, I do not think it can but little fuzzy right now)

Hope this helps you a bit. *tips hat* Happy travels.

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, if you have 0 FC and cast protection you will have -2 FC with it on AFAIK.

R

RichDC

Saw this on the Todays posts,

No, it doesnt cause negative casting, it reduces your casting cap by 2 to 0 it doesnt reduce your casting by 2.

No matter what you do, you will always have 0 casting. The only time you can go below is if you have -sc items. Although i have never noticed a difference when i have these items equiped.

D

Dain

I didn't believe you at all so I decided to test it.

And... well I don't still don't believe you because with 0 FC plus protection, I was far slower in casting then without protection.

Mind you I am a bit laggy thismorning.

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was always under the impression that it gave -2 and capped at 0...I don't use it so I wouldn't know if it was true or not.