• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) specific parrying question

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... i'm not sure how i missed reading this, but with very, VERY little gains on parrying i thought i'd try some research ... on nearly any website (including this one) that i checked, when looking up parrying (wish bushido skill) it says you should use a two handed sword... i used to think it said a two handed WEAPON... is this correct? i am using fencing, and i hope i don't have to switch to swordsmanship. i once posted an article about this here: parry v.s. bushido and i had THOUGHT i was at an understanding. if anyone has any definite info on if the weapon has to be swordsmanship, please let me know. thanks. :)

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To efficiently train parrying you first have to bypass your block chance from your weapon skill + Dci. You do this by equipping a weapon of the wrong skill.

The next thing is to figure out if you want to use a two handed weapon or a shield. You can check your parry chance based on your bushido+Parry skill here

UO Stratics - Combat

After that, go round up some sheep or whatever your preferred parry training method is.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To efficiently train parrying you first have to bypass your block chance from your weapon skill + Dci. You do this by equipping a weapon of the wrong skill.

The next thing is to figure out if you want to use a two handed weapon or a shield. You can check your parry chance based on your bushido+Parry skill here

UO Stratics - Combat

After that, go round up some sheep or whatever your preferred parry training method is.

Thank you Chrille and King Greg. mostly i was just wondering about the weapon being a sword. but so far everyone that has responded to me, says the same, that it does not have to be a sword. thanks again for the feedback! :)

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I got the fastest gains which got me eventually to 120 parrying by fighting the melee captains under the blackthorn castle, with my main gear and no skill or DCI modifications. Just in case you want to both hunt and skill up.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got the fastest gains which got me eventually to 120 parrying by fighting the melee captains under the blackthorn castle, with my main gear and no skill or DCI modifications. Just in case you want to both hunt and skill up.

hmmm, thank you... haven't heard this tip before. ^_^