• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Special Servers

L

Lairkingo

I want there to be a few special servers that have a different ruleset than the others. An example of this might be a server where there is some PvP allowed, a server where people can get max skills and be able to focus on roleplaying, etc.

J

Jeffdogg

I want there to be a few special servers that have a different ruleset than the others. An example of this might be a server where there is some PvP allowed, a server where people can get max skills and be able to focus on roleplaying, etc.
There will be PvP and PvE servers. Not sure what your trying to get at with the rest every game I play I can get max skills , be able to focus, and RP (if I want to but dont usually) on any servers, however I have not been subject to "rulesets", guess I have not played an MMO where different rulesets apply to different servers. MMO's like FFXI you can hold personal PvP events for one vs one, groups, or they have social PvP called Ballista, In Personal group PvP theres options you can set for PvP but not rulesets.

Z

ZorZorZor

I wish they wouldn't do different rulesets. That always causes the developers to need to check every bug/feature update against every ruleset which makes development so much harder.

V

ValenceTrident

I think the benefits of the different rulsets more than compensate for the difficulties re: devs.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I think it will be interesting to see how a PVP ruleset will work. Will commands be able to fight commands? Will you be able to work towards a certain faction? Etc.

L

Lairkingo

I wish they wouldn't do different rulesets. That always causes the developers to need to check every bug/feature update against every ruleset which makes development so much harder.
That's silly. Every MMO has special servers.

K

Kiminality

Not every MMO, but the point more-or-less stands.
Even UO has Siege Perilous and Mugen.

I would imagine that the server would likely follow the current standard:
PvE
PvP
RP
RPvP
With PvP based around a Horde/Alliance-esque idea (only, Praxis/good-guys).