• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sp needing a second EM!

Should Siege be given a second EM?

• Yes, give them another EM!

Votes: 59 76.6%
  • No! Let them make due with one!

Votes: 18 23.4%

• Total voters

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege caters to many different time zomes, from CST, EST, to European because many love the special rule set it gives. Sadly, our single EM only has certain times to play. We could greatly benefit from a second EM working on a different time schedule to cater to our other large player base of European PvPers. Support is appreciated. We are not asking for a change to our shard, just some help for our current EM who busts his butt yet can't be everywhere at once.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You already took Quantum from his LS duties... you've caused enough harm. :(

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not only european PVPers, but european players.

I´m one of them...

T

Tazar

Unlimited power in Kelmo's playground? Sounds tempting. (we really need a devil-smiley)

There should be plenty of volunteer's for the position. :)

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why didn't you post this in the Siege Forum? Most players in u.hall don't give 2 cents about Siege Perilous. Maybe you could make one of your options "I don't care".

By the way, it's "Make do" not "make due".

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i don't really care about whether y'all think only siege is the shard with people who have people from different sides of the world playing. the question is: my shard does have two EM's and i figured they all did. so why doesn't yours?

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All shards have 2-3 EMs...we only have the 1. Posting this on SP forum doesn't get as much attention from Devs as it would here.

D

Duke SP

Why didn't you post this in the Siege Forum? Most players in u.hall don't give 2 cents about Siege Perilous. Maybe you could make one of your options "I don't care".

Nice building the community.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Unlimited power in Kelmo's playground? Sounds tempting. (we really need a devil-smiley)

There should be plenty of volunteer's for the position. :)
*stares*

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Look folks. We all play UO. Siege is a different rule set. We have not only all of the issues other Shards have, but some unique issues as well.

I promise you, if the Dev's regularly visited our Shard forum, you would not hear from many of these guys.

That being said, Siege post in Uhall because that is where the attention is. You have to fish where the fish are. *nods*

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Or perhaps you could see the title of this thread..understand it really doesn't interest you and move on.

Instead you decide to troll and basically act like an ass...way to set an example

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So much hate towards siege, sad to see.

I think we should get a second one, and we also need to have our current EM given ownership of our EM house. No decor or anyhting can be done till that happens, and no reward statues placed for all to view.

Im from western canada, so it doesnt effect me as much as the europeans, but still be good for the shard.

And as far as the only one with players from different sides of the world comment. No we are not the only one, but we have far more then any other shard. Most americans play shards close to them, or reasonably close for ping times and activity. Where the special rules of seige attract some people from all over the world, more then the exact same setup of a shard that is closer to them.
But Kael, thats what makes them a moderator!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Peace Siege folk. Stay focused on the topic.

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we didnt cast the first negative stone.

Can anyone give a reason as to why some shards will less population get more EMs then we do?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Casting stones will not get you the attention you desire... Just dodge better. *winks*

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

:( Siege customers pay the same amount of rl gp to EA as do all their other customers. Many Siege players are Europeans as well. One is not enough, when other shards net 2-3 per shard.

I play on two shards and I love them both for their uniqueness. Chesapeake since 98 and Siege since 2004.

Many may not care one bit for Siege nor it's player base. I happen to think the folks that play there, are worth it. . and they also pay as much as the rest of us do to play UO. . asking for equal or near equal customer service is not asking for more...just for equality especially since we do have so many Euros on Siege. They need or could use a *morning person* or USA time morning person, ie. their evening time.

Europa gets more than one EM, doesn't it ? EMs are also only human they can not be everywhere all the time, having 2-3 EMs per shard offers every shard more of their time, with less work on one of their limited time constrainted back, to do things, for every shard more often.

F

Fink

Is there a list somewhere of which shards have how many EMs, and their names? I thought they all had two each, but apparently some have three and some have one.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Let's not forget the sizable Japanese guild that plays in our early mornings.

H

HaHa

All shards have 2-3 EMs...we only have the 1. Posting this on SP forum doesn't get as much attention from Devs as it would here.
OMG SPeedy that makes sense! You would think a mod would think before he made an idiotic response to you huh?

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Most Siege players don't give 2 cents ago your duping, insurance failures, trammel bull**** either. But this is where we come for information as well. Way to Moderate the boards. Why don't you do your job and erase your post. You didn't contribute what so ever to this topic, instead you were blatantly disrespectful to all the Siege players.

On a different note. Where do I go to post a grievance about the UO Stratics "Moderators" ??

H

HaHa

Most Siege players don't give 2 cents ago your duping, insurance failures, trammel bull**** either. But this is where we come for information as well. Way to Moderate the boards. Why don't you do your job and erase your post. You didn't contribute what so ever to this topic, instead you were blatantly disrespectful to all the Siege players.

On a different note. Where do I go to post a grievance about the UO Stratics "Moderators" ??
If you dont mind please PM me the info as well. Im sure I can share that info with other players who can make their own decision about if they should follow the lead here. Its just a shame to see a mod stoop below the level of a common troll. Rather sad.

Maybe you could make one of your options "I don't care".
Zomg, doesn't the period go in between the quotation marks? ZomG should I point out your errors as well Einstein? ROFL

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oki..........
1. Speedy, why did you make this a poll? As far as I know EA doesn't make decisions based on customer's votes.
2. I think Setnaffa has realised he put his foot in his mouth, you can stop bashing him for it now.

Let's get this thread back on track.

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as I know, they usually require what, 80-90% acceptance rate to consider a change? So I figured this was the best route. We had a meeting, everyone agreed EMs drastically increase game play for the best.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It shouldn't JUST be Siege that get EM's at different time slots (if they have 1 give them 2, no big deal really). In all reality, all shards need EM's that pop Quests/Events at 2 different times. Not everyone plays the same time slot. I had thought originally this was the way it was going to be with this EM program, but seems somewhere in the mix the 2 time frames for running events was forgotten by EA.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege has one EM... hahahah !

Sometimes I wonder why I didn't like siege... maybe I should like it.

What you guys think ?

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was feeling invited but then I looked at your signature and my computer lagged, and now.

I'm here and I think about trying out siege... but is there like a story there, with people who do something about roleplay ?

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are several groups that play at various times of day on Siege, that being said, our peak period is from about 2pm EST to 1AM EST

We've had little in the way of EM run events.

Crysta, please don't blame Siege for stealing Quantum. Call Messana she's the one that calls the shots.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Siege folk are awesome. From an outsider's perspective, it seems more like one big guild, rather than a shard. Lots of comradery, even among enemies.

You guys should definitely have another EM or two...but don't try to steal Atlantic's, or we'll cut you. ;)

R

RichDC

Ive voted yes...few reasons,

1) im a Brit so would be nice to have EM's around for me :p

2) Why not?? I mainly play on GL and we have 2

I know the population of siege is smaller, yet baja have 2 EM's and there population is tiny! Maybe smaller than that of siege!

My time on siege was short lived, not because i didn't like the ruleset or the people i met...but simply because there was more action and closer friends on Great Lakes. I still dabble in siege play (was alot of fun during the TOT Event :p) in short...

Give siege the same respect and love the rest of the game gets! If anything give them more...i have yet to meet a foul mouthed **** talker there and they have a larger community!

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm just going to quote your post in this thread

Thanks for being part of the community. <----Sarcasm.
Also, it's widely known that if you must attack someone's grammar/spelling on the internet to make your point known, you've already lost the argument.

In deference to Kelmo, I'll leave it at that. Believe me, I have some choice phrases for you, but as I said, Kelmo wants to keep this clean.

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oki..........
1. Speedy, why did you make this a poll? As far as I know EA doesn't make decisions based on customer's votes.
2. I think Setnaffa has realised he put his foot in his mouth, you can stop bashing him for it now.

Let's get this thread back on track.

Let him man up and admit it!!!!!

I want my pound of flesh!!!!

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was feeling invited but then I looked at your signature and my computer lagged, and now.

I'm here and I think about trying out siege... but is there like a story there, with people who do something about roleplay ?
Aye! Many role play, some make episodes, such as the infamous Chad Sexington, and it was at his direction ( and requirement to be in his guild ) that I started to make my own.

Faction battles rage on, murderers are allowed everywhere ( flagging rules apply ). The "noble" Gilfane *spits* guild is my mortal enemy! I will attack them on sight ( outside of guardzone ). Enemy guilds have been known to form a very temporary alliance to fight a common enemy. Many of our crafters intentionally leave nice items in their packs for thieves... it makes things fun trying to steal inside Luna Bank with 5 or 6 NPC eyes watching you. Some thieves put on a disguise kit and change clothes appearing as a miner or lumberjack to get close to you for the steal. Some will invite you to their Inn and offer you a pint of ale.

When our one EM does make an appearance, reds and blues gather in peace ( for the most part ) and we do events... we would like another EM, and more roleplayers who enjoy the risks of less guard zones and no insurance.

Hope to see you and others there! *evil grin*

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When we had our EM meeting last night, reds, and blues, and factions all stayed peaceful in the meeting room above the Luna bank. Well peaceful for a little bit. A small war did break out, but that was an outside player entering, not really knowing whats going on I think, and then about 6 or 7 people went to war. However they left the area, and the meeting continued in peace.

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You sound like a real dickue. Just my 2 cents.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*washes hands of this nonsence* I tried to keep it on topic.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Since when did it become important to give a crap about people who don't give a crap?

By the way, if the message is understood, who really gives a **** how its delivered, aside from losers with no life?

This forum is for all of UO's community to post in, not just for your elite society. I'm pretty sure there is an ROC that requests you build community, rather than trying to destroy it.

You should not be a mod, you don't deserve that badge.

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't take offense to him poking at my grammar or spelling, I just wanted to get the message out that SP is hurting, and we need these EMs. The events they do bring the community out of hiding, literally and figuratively.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I too would like to see EM event in my playtime, I'm to old to join events past midnight my time.

A EU time EM on Siege would be great and yes we may need a Japaneses EM too.

H

HaHa

Let him man up and admit it!!!!!

I want my pound of flesh!!!!
I think hes been put in his place, dont make me hurt his feelings again darnit.

ZOMG! I left out two apostrophes, wonder if he will banxxors me for that?

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
god I love it when the community bands together!

Oh crap I didnt capitalize my G, forgot an appostrophe, probobly spelled appostrophe wrong.

Im in for quite the punishment.

On topic, yes Siege should have another EM. Only sounds right

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't play Seige, but the times i've come on just to look..
It's more of a community then most other shards.

If Atlantic [My Shard] can have two, I don't see why Seige couldn't.

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't play Seige, but the times i've come on just to look..
It's more of a community then most other shards.

We love and hate eachother. We will kill eachother to the bitter end. But we will stand together as a community on the shard when something isnt right. If someone scams, or is hacking etc, the shard stands as one to enforce some justice. We will sit in peace during events, or fight nights. Its quiet different over there then the other 2 shards I have played in the past.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
He speaks truth. I have stood next to bitter enemies during events and such.

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the hardest thing for most people is getting killed right out of the gate, and having what little you have taken. This is gonna happen. However once you have gained some acceptance, or gotten in a guild, your troubles should be long gone. Sure your gonna get killed, dry looted (sometimes). But there are more then enough people in a guild, or that you know, who will be there with a helping hand. Its the first month that is the deal breaker for most. That is why we have a Guild called NEW. This is Newborn on Siege. If you choose to join this guild, it offers you protection for a total of 1 month. Well, from most, some people dont care, they are PKs, and thats what they do. So you cant blame them. They are roleplaying the non-bias PK. But you will get protection for a month (or less), and players will try and help you get established a little to keep you on the shard.

And this is where active EMs would help tons. Players like events no matter what shard you are on. So to come to a new shard (or to play there already), regular events are nice, and keep people happy playing where they are playing. Siege adds a little twist to the events, with the risk of being killed at any given time (dont think town protects you, it doesnt always mean safety).

So we certainly do need a 2nd EM, with a different time slot. One with an open mind to the differences we have. To help build our small, but strong player base.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*chuckles* I even role played a lolcat in the face of enemies last night. *winks*