• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SotA aid offered

Themo Lock

Adventurer
Hail, my name here, SotA forums and in game is Themo Lock.. and i am a gaming addict. I have taken playtesting to the extreme with Shroud of the Avatar and have quite a good understanding of mechanics and various features. I spend allot of time with new players and offer my time to anybody who needs help via the SotA forum or in game.. and now here also. Feel free to contact me if you need help with the game.

I have written some guides on the SotA forum that newcomers may find useful also.

-Day 1 player guide
-SotA leveling guide
-Group Tactics

Themo Lock

Adventurer
Your guides was helpful. I really like the look and feel of this game, but the combat is beyond frustrating. Could you write a guide of how best to spec while leveling up for melee. I really want to like this game and I know its still in development, but man is the combat aggravating me. I need to lock my skills and get xp for about a day or two so that i can go back to killing creatures for skills gains. I don't have many innate skills turned up I cant afford to. Is this how its suppose to be, you have to micro manage constantly and grind first for xp then grind skills rinse and repeat? I never have enough xp. I did all starter quests and leveled up pretty high in my main combat skill and other skills are in the 30s to 40s. Creatures dont give enough xp to level up normally at a certain point, this is a problem. I don't want to have to micro manage skills and xp like this, , this is grueling. I would like to just play and not have to worry about turning skills up and down and kill creatures like normal like other games let me, the locking skils part is ok. If this is how the combat is suppose to be it may not be the game for me.
Yes i could do that, will take me a little but stay tuned.

Themo Lock

Adventurer
Your guides was helpful. I really like the look and feel of this game, but the combat is beyond frustrating. Could you write a guide of how best to spec while leveling up for melee. I really want to like this game and I know its still in development, but man is the combat aggravating me. I need to lock my skills and get xp for about a day or two so that i can go back to killing creatures for skills gains. I don't have many innate skills turned up I cant afford to. Is this how its suppose to be, you have to micro manage constantly and grind first for xp then grind skills rinse and repeat? I never have enough xp. I did all starter quests and leveled up pretty high in my main combat skill and other skills are in the 30s to 40s. Creatures dont give enough xp to level up normally at a certain point, this is a problem. I don't want to have to micro manage skills and xp like this, , this is grueling. I would like to just play and not have to worry about turning skills up and down and kill creatures like normal like other games let me, the locking skils part is ok. If this is how the combat is suppose to be it may not be the game for me.
As skills go up in level, they suck more exp out of your adventurer exp pool per gain. So when you first start off you are fine having pretty much whatever you want unlocked but the higher they level up, the fewer you want set to gain exp. For the quickest progress i leave no more than five active skills and 2 passive skills set to gain at any one time after they exceed level 50. Try to keep that adv exp pool at 1 million if you can and it will speed things up, though this can be easier said than done without a good build. I will post a brief rundown of my heavy armour blades build.

Themo Lock

Adventurer
Thank you that looks a lot similar to how my deck is built so at least i'm doing that part ok. I have 100 skill in my blades now and working on strength and whirling blades with everything else locked. Other things hovering in the 50's mostly now since my last post. I can kill stuff pretty fast now but I dont seem to be able to have much pooled xp usually around 100k or so. So I need to get up about a million xp? The only way I can get a lot of xp is by locking everything and grinding for it for a few days. That what I should do? It just feels so aggravating to have to lock everything to get xp up so that i can turn skills back up to start working on them again. Is the combat still a work in progress? I've never played a game that makes you double grind xp like this. It doesn't feel productive nor is a convenient way to spend play time. I'll get back online sometime this week and give it try again. Thank you again for your help.
Well you don't have to do it, it is just the fasted way. The key is killing high exp mobs with as few hits as possible. Try Flesh flayers in the PVP shardfalls, they are a good example. Just watch out for Envy ;)