• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sorry More Questions

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
I have a couple of more questions please: Most of these questions concern pets

1. How many pack animals do most resource getter characters use? Do most use one blue beetle for Lumberjacking and one fire beetle for mining? Or do people have one or more regular pack horses/llamas with them?
  2. Is it worth it to train up a blue/fire beetle or pack animal? Not past 100%, but just so have max regular skills and stats, so they can defend themselves and me.
  3. I found these mastery books on the ground what is the deal with them and should I be concerned with mastery or wait until I have GMed taming?
  4. How do I sell pet in a Magincia?

Thank you :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
1. If I'm lumberjacking, I use as many pack animals I can bring safely (as even boards weigh 1 stone each, and you get 10-22 per swing, depending on race and facet).
My leather gathering, is typically on one of my combat characters, so often, not more than a giant beetle.
Mining, I use a fire beetle, and smelting means I can bring back 4500-5000 ingots of various types without a pack animal.

2. It's always good to get a pet fully trained up, even if you don't do the Taming advanced training stuff.
If you are resource-gathering with a tamer, though, having trained up pets can be well worth it. The two beetles can be taken to 5 slots, and are actually now common pets for doing spawns and bosses like on the Shadowguard roof. Even having 2 beetles (1 blue, 1 fire) with one taken to 3 slots, the other to 2, and both with resists maxed (And the strength raised on the blue beetle, especially) would be exceptional defensive pets for Fel mining if somewhere that still has people that PK resource gatherers.

3. If below 90 real, you should hold onto the mastery books as you can't use a mastery until you hit 90. You don't have to use them in order, but you do have to have the book of masteries in your pack. Using the masteries are far faster means of gaining than taming creatures.

4. To sell a pet in Magincia, you have to bid on one of the unclaimed stall areas there. If you win, then you get to place the stall. Then, you load the seller up with the pets you want to sell.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
you do have to have either the rustic or gothic them pack to have a vendor in Magincia

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh, I didn't know that. :(

Oh, and one more question, if my stable is full and I have pet(s), will they still log out with me or just the one I'm riding?
They will log out with you, so long as they are not pack animals. Pack animals only log with you if they are empty, or if you are riding it.

However, it's not 100% reliable (sometimes pets that aren't following, or lock onto something outside your house, might not log with you). So, only do it if you have to.