• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) Sooooooo....

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thinking about it. Been busy with other things and haven't gotten around to playing UO in about a week. Haven't even turned the main computer on in a week, so I'll probably be giving uo a rest for a while and try it out.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to. I've heard this game actually lives up to all the hype as well which makes me want to buy it even more. However, I don't exactly want to spend 60$, lol. I may wait until I can get it for at most 40$

J

[JD]

It's very much like the original, controlwise, and has some of your favorite units plus new ones. It has the feel of the original too. I still played the original from time to time so this was one I was probably gonna get. The price is a little steep though. But there's no monthly fee to play it on Battlenet. Luckily a friend went halvsies on it for my birthday. It even has a buddy list, so you can tell when your friends are on. If you get it Kel, PM me

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never played the first one. But I have been looking long and hard at SC2.... How would you compare it to playing a game like Command and Conquer or Dawn of War?

J

[JD]

I never played dawn of war, but it reminds me of Red Alert back in the day. Real time strategy. Build up your resources, units, defenses, launch offenses etc. Super fun.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i play the original all the time when im on a long phone call and i need something to do to keep me awake.

so i crank up SC brood war and play a custome game.

and i had heard rumblings of the SC2 a while back.
so this week on on holiday and i happened to see a poster for it the day it came out so i slipped into game spot or whatever that store was and picked up a copy.

unfortunatlly i wont be home for another week but im looking forward to playing it.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just got it the other night and just started playing it tonight. I've never played the first one so I didn't know what to expect and for now I'm just doing the single player campaign on the easiest mode just to get the hang of it. So far I'm liking it alot except for the $60 and no manual other than the one on the CD.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Love it! Working on the Campaigns still but its fun.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I caved after hearing about how good it is and bought it despite the cost. Great game!

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The campaign play seemed a little short, but I guess it was essentially a long tutorial and the main reason to get the game is the player matches.

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have not beaten the campain yet! I was thinking it was long.

Perhaps its just cuz I dont play that often.

J

[JD]

still working through campaigns in my spare time. started doing coop vs ai with my friends and now we are doing mixed player vs player with some ai on each side. its fun. good thing i played the original starcraft recently too, i still have some of the old skills, my friends are dying... hehehheh