• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sonoma Wants You!

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Some Sonoma Player(s) is dropping books around the moongates on our shard trying to lure Catskill players to move to Sonoma by using the title "Sonoma Wants You". Perhaps we as a Catskills community could start our own recruitment campaign by employing the same strategy. We are hardly as bad off as some shards, but we could use a little pickup. Now is the time to conjure up a plan for the anniversary this coming September. Any ideas?

A

Aang

Some Sonoma Player(s) is dropping books around the moongates on our shard trying to lure Catskill players to move to Sonoma by using the title "Sonoma Wants You". Perhaps we as a Catskills community could start our own recruitment campaign by employing the same strategy. We are hardly as bad off as some shards, but we could use a little pickup. Now is the time to conjure up a plan for the anniversary this coming September. Any ideas?
How about hacking accounts and deleting all of the non-Catskillian characters? Maybe if they don't have any chars on Catskills, creating a few and giving them some gold to get started? :danceb:

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about hacking accounts and deleting all of the non-Catskillian characters? Maybe if they don't have any chars on Catskills, creating a few and giving them some gold to get started? :danceb:
Hehe.

I always found cross-shard recruitment books kind of annoying, personally. I think the better tactic is to hold events on the shard geared specifically towards undeveloped characters, and then actively advertising it on other shards.
Have a showing of "Hey - this is the kind of community you'd see if you moved to Catskills; decide from first-hand experience if you want to move" as opposed to going "Move to Catskills! Please? Pretty please?? We're desperate here! We'll take anybody!".

A

Ashlen

Gildar I agree with you on holding an event that would
draw people here for the fun and the community.

When the Asian shards had the AoS Slime Events
I was over there and it was so much fun and
well done that if it wasnt for the lag and the lack
of being able to communicate with them I might
have stayed there. They were so friendly and helpful
even though we couldnt talk to each other at all.
And if we can do that as I know we can and we have
then they will come to play with us and possibley stay.

F

Franklin

When I see those books, I can't believe people have that much time on their hands! Amazing.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the same thing as I am throwing them in the trash can at Skara bank :thumbsup:
Personally I throw them in my sell bag and sell them back to the provisioner.

Free gold is free gold.

S

Shanna

I completely agree with all of you. A lot of shards are having problems with people trickling out. I always throw away LTTS books, that's just an insult, recruit from our much smaller shard to your large guild.

I can understand people asking a friend to come to their shard or a guild sending some of their members to another guild on another shard for the same exchange. But it's just rude for a community to try to massly recruit from another shard.