• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Sonoma my home: the best place on earth

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
A few days ago I posted a note, mentioning I'd returned to UO and Sonoma and looking for friends. I was deeply gratified (although not surprised) at the outpouring of welcome and offers for help I received. From my olden days I had always found Sonoma to be the friendliest of shards, and the people there some of the most creative across all the servers...clearly that has not changed, even after all this time.

What I did *not* expect was the unbelievable generosity that also followed in-game. So many people have stopped by to say hello, and there's not a day that goes by that I don't find something in my mailbox to help ease my way, and assist with getting me back on my feet in UO. Quite simply, it has been overwhelming...and although I have been assured time and again that no repayment is needed, I am determined that some day I will find a way to express my gratitude to those who have been so far beyond kind and thoughtful.

I've played many games since I left UO nearly 9 years ago, and met a lot of great people. But I can safely say that no where, in any game, is there a greater community than I've found here. You guys rock, and I thank you all from the very bottom of my heart.

~ Elenni of Sonoma