• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Sonoma I need your help!!!

EMWillow

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Once again I have been asked to change the time or date of my events.
Since I sincerely want the most people as possible to be able to attend I would like to make an adjustment.
Dates Suggested

Friday nights.... anytime.
Saturdays... I need to work around our fantastic player-run events
Sundays... challenging for me personally (although we might be able to juggle something here)

Please folks give me feedback!

belkins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
times have been fine by me.. i dunno about most people but i have to work monday - friday 8-5 and im on central time so 9 pm pacific has been good. Gives me time to get off work and eat dinner and relax before i lay the smack down on uo! =)

Kaneda Ibashi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When they are now works for me as well
Too much goes on during the weekends for events for me.

Reactions: S_S

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I also personally like the current time and day they are on. As Kaneda said, weekends are busy.

EMWillow

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
I had a handful of folks in general chat earlier in the day say they were unable to make the events due to the time of the day so I asked them to please come discuss on the forums so we can find something that works for most if not everyone.

Kaneda Ibashi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a handful of folks in general chat earlier in the day say they were unable to make the events due to the time of the day so I asked them to please come discuss on the forums so we can find something that works for most if not everyone.
Do they not like the day or the time?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh please! Sorry but I'm eastern time too so the event is at 10pm, lasting until 11pm or so. Yes it's later than I like, but it's doable without being too late to attend.

Kaneda Ibashi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The time. They can't make the late events because they have to get up early for work the next day!
um Yeah.
I am also eastern so its a bit later but I accept that fact as I play a pst shard.
( and yes I work..... at 7am or 8am)

EMWillow

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Thank you all for the feedback. It seems I always get the same answer, that is, the time is fine the way it has been.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't gone to many events, mostly due to the timing but that has nothing to do with the actual time of the event.. I just always happen to be very busy around 10pm eastern (another east coaster) and rarely get the chance to attend. I won't lie tho, I'm not a big event person but I did want to get more involved. I understand people saying that it's too late but Sonoma is a west coast server and therefor should go off westcoast times. I think the current event time is fine.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you all for the feedback. It seems I always get the same answer, that is, the time is fine the way it has been.
Ha! I posted at the same time as you apparently! I would like to discuss the fel event options however, I am primarily a fel player (working hard to attone for my sins tho) :p

As I said I am not very involved currently but would like to change that.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the main reasons I don't bother going to events is because of when they are scheduled. Weekends, from Friday evening to Sunday evening, are usually tied up with doing things with the family and/or the grandkids spend the night, which means Grandma doesn't even go near the computer. (It just makes the two youngest decide to bang on the keyboard and pretend they are typing too!)

On weekdays, we're generally not finished with eating dinner, cleaning up, hustling the grandkids and my daughter out the door (they eat here several nights a week) until 8:30 pm Mountain Time at the very earliest. Once in a blue moon, hubby and I have dinner eaten and dishes cleaned up and are out of the kitchen and free to do other stuff by about 7:30 pm Mountain Time, but that's pretty rare.

So, if I had my druthers, I would prefer to see EM events not happen until 9 pm Mountain Time....or even later on a weeknight. If they happened at 10 pm Mountain Time, which is 9 pm Pacific Time, I would think that would probably help out some of the Pacific Coast folks who have a similar situation with family obligations earlier in the evening.

Anyway, that's my feedback, for whatever it's worth. I know we "west coast" folks apparently don't count for much when scheduling things, but yeah, we're still around and we pay our subscription fees like everyone else. Once in a while it would be nice to feel like when we're try to have some loyalty to what is perceived as a "west coast" shard, the powers-that-be understand that we do NOT run our lives on the same schedule as folks on the East Coast. Consistently and regularly scheduling stuff for when we're trying to spend early evening time with our families so they are more tolerant of the time and money we spend on UO makes it hard to feel like we count for much.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If more players from Sonoma are able to attend EM events, then they might only be outnumbered by the X-Sharders 3/1 instead of 5 or 6/1. I love, and participate in, the "spur of the moment" stuff, but I am just not going to bother to wade through the sea of the X-Sharders to fight during the scheduled EM events. And actually have some of them lure stuff to me. An opinion that is shared by at least as many Sonoma players as ones that show up to events (and evidenced by the very low "Sonoma" turnout). I am not judging, merely expressing my opinion. My goal for the EM events was not to get a "drop" that I can then take to ATL and immediately sell for $$$, but rather to have some shard comradery and spend time with other players who have a vested interest in SONOMA, not in what they can take away from it. I realize that this might not be a popular stance, but I feel it is important to share none the less.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would echo Keith's words. I have always supported the events and the EM and I will continue to support the EM but I will no longer support the event because of exactly what Keith has said, why go when you are highly outnumbered by "professional - event only " players that already have a leg up on the shard residents because they've already been to several other shard events and know what to expect. And yes, luring from the offsharders is common for me too. If, and I'm pretty sure about this, these items were not able to be transferred offshard or perhaps even account bound once you got them, you would see an influx of shard residents coming to events. I could right now name you at least 4 players that would come back to events were it not for the situation with the offsharders.

Clym of Clough
Governor of Skara Brae

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your never gonna make everyone happy... I work 7pm to 7am... I can log in at work depending on the days flow... Break off time to attend... Between 5-7pm.. Im in route to work. I make the ones i can.

Always have been fun. But can't make em all. And that's not ur problem :)