• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sonoma fishing records

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have recently put up an 18X18 plot just north of Luna. My plan is to dedicate it to a place where Sonoma fishing records can be displayed.

There are about 30 or so rare fish that can be caught. These fish are labeled with the weight, the name of the fisherman, and the date caught.

My idea is to have a place where fisherpeople can bring their catches. On display will be the largest fish from each type. There will be 30 fish on display. Anytime someone puts a fish in the mailbox that is larger than one on display, the new fish will replace the old one. I doubt that anyone will want their replaced fish returned, but if so, arrangements will be made.

I am ******** in the decorating area. I am writing to ask if anyone can help me design the display location. I visualize about 15 display cases, wall and floor decorations on the fishing theme, runes to fishing locations, instruction books, and etc.

If you are interested in the idea, or want to help.. please respond here or by personal message. Thanks a lot.

BTW the location will not be used on my account as a personal home, I plan on dedicating it wholly to the fishing display for all players to use. Control of changing the fish displayed, however must remain as one person's responsibility.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
very neat idea

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, my house is up and running. If anyone is interested in displaying a rare fish bigger than the ones on display, please drop your fish off in the mailbox. I will replace the displayed fish with the biggest one submitted. I will keep all fish that I remove from the display on hand in case you need it returned. The location of the display house is 90.36N 37.11W (just south of Luna). There are, I believe 35 rare fish plus the mudpuppy and big fish. Good luck, and may your catches dominate!!

Hera75

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need to change the mailbox to owner or co-owner only. It is set to anyone, allowing anyone to open the mailbox and take out. If the house is public anyone can drag and drop into the mailbox with it set to owner. :) The house looks good though:thumbsup:

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Darn... I didn't know that about the mailboxes. Thanks for educating me. The new access is now set.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bumping this thread. The location of the display house is 90.31N 37.15 W. This is just slightly to the left of Luna.

Understanding why you may want to keep your largest fish at home, but if you can beat what's on display, why not drop off your catches for all Sonoma to see?

The collection is still not complete, but working on it everyday lol.