• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sommertime! What do you read on the beach?

N

Nenime

Yes! Vacation start :danceb:

Nothing but dust-covered tomes in candle-lit dungeons day by day... I really need something different now. I just bought "I am Legend" by R. Matheson after watching the movie (say it: I'm a schnook:loser: ) but that'll be just a snack - only 400 pages *pfft*. What do you recommend for reading while slurping pina coladas?

Leaf

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Patricia Cornwell's books are my favorite for just non-thinking enjoyable fiction. Her Kay Scarpetta series are the best.

R

RenaLynne

Just took the new Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer with me to the beach. Good times! Otherwise, something easy, fluffy, doesnt require too much concentration.

N

Nenime

Yellow press ... checked. Now I know everything about Brad's and Angelina's baby and about Orlando Bloom's new haircut :)

Stephanie Meyer ... did not yet read it because I didn't know this is a novel about love :heart: But a friend of mine already read it and the other two parts as well and she was delighted. Definitely on my to-read list - as soon as I'm in the loving mood again. :smooch:violin:

Patrica Cornwall is next. Just ordered the first Kay Scarpetta. I'm really curious about it.

Thank you very much for the suggestions :thumbsup:

D

Dor of Sonoma

Finished rereading "North Dallas Forty", by Peter Gent. I still love it - and it's a great segue into preseason NFL football. :-D

Currently reading "Saving Fish from Drowning", by Amy Tan. It's a slight diversion from her usual style, but I'm enjoying it.

Next up at bat will be my autographed copy of "the girl who stopped swimming", by Joshilyn Jackson (a former UO Sonoma player, Parttime Goddess and friend :)

*waves to Pluffina*

N

Nenime

:eek: Autographed? That's cool!

I know this is a bit aged but did you read Patrick Suskind's first novel "Perfume"? Still awesome :thumbsup: