• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Somewhat confused

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to start growing some plants again (I haven't really done any gardening since plants were first introduced), but I have a somewhat eratic schedule, and I have a few questions about growing.

1) If I keep my plants in a character's pack they will only get a growth check when I log that character in. Now, If I don't log in for 3 days with that character, when I do my plants won't get 3 checks will they?

2) Will plant's sill get a growth check if they're inside a bag in a character's pack? Or do they have to be in the top level of the pack?

3) What plant's create orange petals and green thorns?

4) Do plant's sill produce resources if they're not pollinated?

I think that about covers my questions. I checked the FAQ and dropped my list from 6 to 4 questions, but I still couldn't find an answer to the questions above that made sense to me. Thanks!

N

Ni-

1) If the plants are in your pack, they can't get a growth check unless you log in. They'll only get a growth check upon log in if it's been 23 hours from the last growth check.

2) Plants in bags inside of the main pack still receive growth checks. I often times have multiple bags, with like 3+ plants growing in each, at a time. Otherwise, when they pop they can cover items too easily.

3) Orange petals: Bright Orange Bulrushes(that's the only one I remember).
Green Thorns: Bright Green Snake plant and Bright Green Barrel Cactus(I think).

4) Yes, once the correct plant is growing it'll produce the appropriate resources no matter what is done/not done with pollination. I usually try to cross pollinate with the same type of plant for the possible mutations. If they don't mutate, then I still have resource producing seeds/plants.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well that pretty much clears it up. Guess now I'll just go out and start gathering fertile dirt.

Y

Yalp

Well that pretty much clears it up. Guess now I'll just go out and start gathering fertile dirt.
don't bother.. fertile dirt is 40 per plant and gives you a chance of advancing your plant 1 day.... most of us finding it's not worth the hassle of hunting and looting it for the gain.. if they every change it so it takes less fertile and guarantees 1 day advance you'll see us all out there hunting earth ele's again!

D

DHMagicMan_1

Yeah. For the most part, most people don't use much FD any more. It's too bad that it take so much to get so little benefit.

I'll probably have about 5 plants worth of FD stored up for when the publish hits for my first 5 or so white and black quest new plants... just because I'm excited to see them... but basically... I grow so many plants its just not worth it.

The only time I collect FD now is if I'm killing the ant lions for the Peculuar Seeds anyway, I might as well grab the FD too.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't realize it took so much. It's been a long time since I grew anything.
Guess I'll bag the dirt and just fill my bowls with regular dirt.

F

Flora Green

Bright orange poppies is the other plant that gives orange petals just so you know. About backpack growing, I NEVER did it until the new plants arrived recently. I tried it and hated it years ago. Now I love it. Some days I don't get to login and I no longer have to come back to locked down, wilted plants. I've had to sacrafice a couple of characters to do this, but IMO, if you have an unpredictable schedule this is the "safest" way to garden. :)

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bright orange poppies is the other plant that gives orange petals just so you know. About backpack growing, I NEVER did it until the new plants arrived recently. I tried it and hated it years ago. Now I love it. Some days I don't get to login and I no longer have to come back to locked down, wilted plants. I've had to sacrafice a couple of characters to do this, but IMO, if you have an unpredictable schedule this is the "safest" way to garden. :)
I used to do nothing but lockdown growing, but with my work schedule there are some nights I get home late and don't even want to turn the computer on let alone play games. I don't want to feel obligated to log in each day just because I have plants, that's why I decided to do them in my backpack.