• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] Something wrong?

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a tamer that has 120 magery. No med ( only a med suit) but magery is enough high to cast energy vortex :)
After the expansion casting a vortex is a very very hard thing. I had to try 2 or 3 times before the vortex comes.
All other spells works right. Only energy vortex are wrong.
Someone has the same problem?

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a tamer that has 120 magery. No med ( only a med suit) but magery is enough high to cast energy vortex :)
After the expansion casting a vortex is a very very hard thing. I had to try 2 or 3 times before the vortex comes.
Not that it matters...did you change any part of your template? I myself have not had any problems with EV's.

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you using a mage weapon? This is the only thing I think it could be.

Another Lamer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not that I think it has an effect these days (although I did notice it seemed to with regards magic resist)......try eating food.

Y

Yen Sid

Are you in the SA Client. If you are I also have this proble sometimes. You click where you want to summon it and your cursor goes away like you cast the spell but it does nothing. Idk why this happens, but it must be some kind of bug. Spells sometimes don't work for me if I'm trying to click on a targets health bar as well. Becomes a PITA when you have 10 people in your party and your at a peerless, trying to hit something without using its health bar, because half of the time the spell just vanishes, lost amoung the other 1's and 0's.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, have you read this?
I have some chars ( not only that tamer) who have magery at 120, without evaint or med.
They can't cast vortex at the first time. At 120, they have to try 3 or 4 times. Every other spell, like resurrection, works well. Only eV is a problem :(
It's a little bug?
I'm bored to find some bugs that noone says "yes, you are right" and then, after a while, it has resolved, like WW trapped in the rock.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, have you read this?
I have some chars ( not only that tamer) who have magery at 120, without evaint or med.
They can't cast vortex at the first time. At 120, they have to try 3 or 4 times. Every other spell, like resurrection, works well. Only eV is a problem :(
It's a little bug?
I'm bored to find some bugs that noone says "yes, you are right" and then, after a while, it has resolved, like WW trapped in the rock.
I havent noticed anything wrong with it. perhaps it would be best to try and page a gm. and hope for a decent reponse

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i'vw already messaged a GM but i've received a canned answered :(
Now I try to write to bug report but something tells me that my answer wiill be
ignored :(

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could be followers ... but usually I have the problem of 'you cannot see the target'-problem. Or in more crowded areas, I stop at 'this location is blocked'.
That a spell doenst fizzle anymore, doesnt mean, you can cast it always successfull. Thats especially a problem with summons that need a free tile targeted to be cast.

N

Norther

I've noticed my smith which has 60 magery has been fizzling on recalls since expansion. Sometimes several times in a row.
Before expansion I don't recall him ever fizzling. Not saying it never happened
just that it was rare enough that I can't think of a time he did.

G

Gelf

there can be a problem if u r laggy, sometimes u cast but no targetting cursor comes up. u can also be getting interupted from poison, mana drain and some others even with protection on.
happens to my necromage quite often, even gets interupted by game messages sometimes. hes 120 also, there are alot of nocast tiles, like when u try to rez someone standing next to u and u get the message"cannot be rezzed at that location"

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there can be a problem if u r laggy, sometimes u cast but no targetting cursor comes up. u can also be getting interupted from poison, mana drain and some others even with protection on.
happens to my necromage quite often, even gets interupted by game messages sometimes. hes 120 also, there are alot of nocast tiles, like when u try to rez someone standing next to u and u get the message"cannot be rezzed at that location"
Sorry
I always saiyd to tell me the easiest possible. Not slang or abbreviation. I do not understand english very well :)
I have 120 magery then EV has a percentula of 100%.
But now, after the expansion, EV has no 100% percentual.
I know that it can be interrupted. Obiouvlsy i mean that also if there are noone that can be interrupt the spell, and EV fizzles.
Only EV, every other spaelll work ri8ght.
There's some bug?

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, try this... go somewhere with level ground and just cast ev's, dispel them, cast again... do that several times and keep track of how many times you fail. Don't fight anything... this is an experiment. By picking a piece of level ground you eliminate two causes for ev's to fail and if nothing else is fighting you, you can't be interrupted while casting. (You did not say if you had Protection cast.)

How much med do you have?

I took my mage out today after the patch for an extended fight and he never wiffed... cast a lot of ev's and other 8th level spells.

Let us know how the experiment went.