• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Stealing] Something wrong here...

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
So I currently have 49.5 stealing and while in Felucca with my pack horse, only war forks (9 stone each) began to give me "Easy" on the Crystal Ball of Knowledge. Shouldn't it bee too hard for me?

From this thread the sequence should be:
shirt, 2 stones.
robe, 3 stones,
skirt, 4 stones, (Think i should be here)
cloak, 5 stones, (or here tops)
bronze shield, 6 stones,
metal kite shield 7 stones,
heater shield, 8 stones,
war fork, 9 stones,
lap harp 10 stones.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I'm currently at 76.3 Stealing skill and I get the "Very Easy" message from the Ringmail Tunics...heavier stuff can't be stolen...gains are slowing down. Thoughts anyone?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
where are you? It's easier to steal if no one can see you.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yup :) provided the pack horse is guarding you, you won't get guardwhacked. Though to be honest, I did my training using a bag at my feet in Bucc's den. Saved dragging a packy around. I only got pk'd once :D

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Thx for he input!
Do you have to be guilded for that?

I'm doing it right in front of several NPC's and it's still the same...

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
try apples. Last time I trained it I stole from piles of apples and pears, number in pile determined by the weight needed for the skill level.

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I usually go to Fel Buc's.

Put 12 bottles on a packy. When you go to steal target all the bottles. You will only steal a few in relationship to your skill and the remaining stack will stay on packy. Drop the ones you stole back on the packy. Rinse and repeat.

Hope this helps anyone that is looking to create a rogue in 2018.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stop trying to steal items. Get a packy and put piles of gold on it then steal from the packy. You will steal what you are allowed via skill and gain quickly.