• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Something I read on uHall this morning....

T

TheGwy

Today is the first time since they fired up the Catskills shard that I haven’t had an active UO account. I always thought that I’d be logged in when they pulled the plug on UO, but my 6 month subscription came up today and I let it expire.

Why? Too many things broken for too long… Too long with no real direction for the game… I’ve been playing another game for the last month and now that my free trial is up it’s really a pretty easy choice.

Before anyone asks… no you can’t have my stuff!!! (I stored everything of real value up on my chars before I logged them out. I plan to check back in on UO about 90 days from now and see if EAMythic has come up with anything that makes me want to keep my house from dropping.)

My sincere thanks to the many players and developers of UO. I’ve had a really great time over the last 10 years.

Farewell,

Lysarius (Ninja)
<font color="red"> </font> Mystarr (Former Chancellor Pax Lair)
-----------------------
Seer Kristos (Former Ancient Seer – Chesapeake)
Gustav Relland (Former Seer RPC – Chesapeake)
Juonar (Trinsic Invasion – Chesapeake )
Dragar Lord of Dragons (Seer Quest – Chesapeake)

LINK: http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=7606879&amp;page=0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=31&amp;fpart=1

G

But but ye are an institution ya can not leave.
(I do fathom the many reasons though)

Aye give em time to see if they can pull a magic rabbit out of their hats to fix many a thing, including marketing..maybe they will surprise ye/us yet..or..not. (sigh)