• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Something... Anything

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
OK, So it's been like a week and no one had said anything on here. Can someone talk some poo about pvp (I hate general chat, all the poo talk has moved to real time on the actual server). Or maybe someone needs something, a good idea, a new realization, new gripe, old gripe, un-intellectual gripe. I mean, come on, anything. I know I don't add a ton to the forum, but I try... I'm a casual player at best. Some of you all play 20x what I do!!! Keep the forum entertainment up.

It seems that I am writing more on the news (like real world) forums than here... there's something seriously wrong with that. I would much rather talk poo about Obliv and his buying of taming scrolls (check the buy/sell chessy forum) than worry about that arabs in the mideast. I'm just saying.

Gareth (do I have to say lord? I'm not much for bowing) I hope I haven't said anything out of line. The rules are long and boring and I skimmed them at best. Shhhh, I mean I read them in full. Like everyone else.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Gareth (do I have to say lord? I'm not much for bowing) I hope I haven't said anything out of line. The rules are long and boring and I skimmed them at best. Shhhh, I mean I read them in full. Like everyone else.
No you do not have to and you could just call me some of the other very colorful names people have for me *Smiles* As for saying anything out of line I will leave that up to Geo and Jamlyn they might want to hand out their first red or yellow slip hehe

georox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No you do not have to and you could just call me some of the other very colorful names people have for me *Smiles* As for saying anything out of line I will leave that up to Geo and Jamlyn they might want to hand out their first red or yellow slip hehe
*passes Gareth a stack of pink slips*

What? It was more of your color.

J

Jamlyn

Well nobody has said anything out of line of course. However I welcome it because things are indeed boring here!

It is likely that things are slower in game and out because of the time of season it is. Hopefully things will get busier for all of UO. I for one have not been on as much as I have liked, hope it changes soon.

L

longshanks

not much going on in pvp lately, aside from the usual gate antics. there was a good fight at the lich last nite around midnite a bit after. uhoh came late to the party and stated several but the boss was already dead.

despise fights are rare at the moment primarily because the side with less players usually feeds some hell hounds.

noone really advertises fights at spawns. my advice to you is get used to running the spawns. u can find people but its thin right now. could be the nice weather but the pvp population has definately thinned a bit.

georox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe everyone got banned for their general chat antics. Sometimes I wonder...

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Eh I would start doing stuff but I found it pointless and not worth my time to continue doing things here on Chesapeake. The juice was not worth the squeeze but I am very happy working and devoting all my time and resources to the Rares community now :)

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Eh I would start doing stuff but I found it pointless and not worth my time to continue doing things here on Chesapeake. The juice was not worth the squeeze but I am very happy working and devoting all my time and resources to the Rares community now :)
I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
BTW, the Return of the Jedi episode of Family Guy was rudely interrupted by tornado warnings today and I missed almost all of the show. Yet another reason to hate this state and wish for a grand return to Texas.

Being that the original post is about the lack of posts... I do believe this is within the real of posting. If not... Someone abandoned a keep right next to my house, so my son now finally has a place of his own (he's 18 months, but his account is 18 months old too, he'll appriciate it later). A keep! I'm just a forever newbie... i've never had a keep. I think it's cool.

I looked up keeps online, and they're selling for 200. I think I did pretty good for free. Thanks, smoke, for moving. :)

georox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should thank that tornado for not making you watch more family guy. So many better shows on TV... it lost it after the third season. Same material just refiltered over and over.

L

longshanks

decent fight at desert last nite. i found a rat there and was just content to work it on my sammy when jadin came in and killed my protector. so i figured if he wants to work it ill take it at the end.

so he did and than mvp/oath came in and we had a good fight that spilled back into papua.

took it at the end and got a 120 mace.

im not a big gate guy and really prefer these type of spawns.

hint....

chessy is not really being checked so you should attempt more spawns. you'd be surprised to get a few off.

J

Jamlyn

When we go, we get spawns almost every time. Very rarely do we see anyone anymore either. Although, your just asking for it in Despise and the Lich :)

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Check in at the Trinsic Swamps too, sure it's crappy spawn and lots of keeps that all look the same, but I often find colt/act players in this area and they are brave at first usually. This sometimes translates into a decent fight, hands down better then anything you find at yew. After awhile tho the colt/act guys leave to go to trammel or what ever they do.

I'm going to look for a screenshot program and try to get screenies on the posts again, just too many guys not bothering to either take them or too scared to post them ^^. But I believe there is nothing like a good screenshot of a guy splattered all over the ground to get the ol **** talk going again.

Problem is without a program or ulitlity to help you would be lucky to get 1 decent screenie, and during a nice battle there is no time to say "hey time out I need to copy and past this screenshot" lol

I'll see what I can find, anyone have any screenshot programs they recommend?

Benito

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SnagIt is an easy screenshot program, and it also has video capture as well so you don't need two different programs if you want to do video as well.

R

Ransom_of_BiC

OK, So it's been like a week and no one had said anything on here.
This has been an issue that has become progressively worse. There are those who have stood up and been very outspoken and attempted to get some life back on these boards, but they tend to get run off.

Hats off to you, Tread, for your boldness!

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
This has been an issue that has become progressively worse. There are those who have stood up and been very outspoken and attempted to get some life back on these boards, but they tend to get run off.

I ran off to a different forum section :)

georox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hey, where did you go! You were all active before, then BAM, vanished. Seriously, I'm confiscating your forum smokebombs.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks Ransom, I try. I'm not nearly as linguistically gifted as you though.

BTW, I just realized the other day that I live oh so close to the BiC compound... and here I never knew. I was just wondering around the other day and lo and behold, a mecca of interrelated structures with BiC all over the roofs. How could i have missed that earlier?

georox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Ransom, I try. I'm not nearly as linguistically gifted as you though.

BTW, I just realized the other day that I live oh so close to the BiC compound... and here I never knew. I was just wondering around the other day and lo and behold, a mecca of interrelated structures with BiC all over the roofs. How could i have missed that earlier?
They *are* rather secretive.

R

Ransom_of_BiC

Hey, where did you go! You were all active before, then BAM, vanished.
Circumstances beyond my control made it impossible for me to continue participating on these forums. While many here were more than welcoming, it became a challenge to have an opinion outside of the norm, thus I took a hiatus to see if the winds would eventually change.

:)

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Circumstances beyond my control made it impossible for me to continue participating on these forums. While many here were more than welcoming, it became a challenge to have an opinion outside of the norm, thus I took a hiatus to see if the winds would eventually change.

:)
Agreed and I thank you for all your advice especially the locking thing that helped out allot

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This thread has ventured far beyond the subject that you can plainly read in the subject line. Therefor, for now and forever I shall have this thread loc.....

Wait, what? What am I saying?

R

Ransom_of_BiC

This thread has ventured far beyond the subject that you can plainly read in the subject line. Therefor, for now and forever I shall have this thread loc.....

Wait, what? What am I saying?
I am not a fan of locking, unless there is a clear breech of the TOS. One must give the community the freedom to be able to express their beliefs and desires in an appropriate and healthy way, even if said way is a disagreement.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Oz no posts cause himz got 10 demerit points. Froms being bad on forums

R

Ransom_of_BiC

Are you playing again Ransom?
No, I'm not. I'm just sort of floating around, waiting for the next game to launch so that I have something to do. I miss gaming, badly. I just can't find a game that holds my interest for any extended period of time, anymore.

Benito

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of the members of my old DAoC/WoW guild are looking forward to SWTOR. Are you possibly going to be playing that?

georox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of the members of my old DAoC/WoW guild are looking forward to SWTOR. Are you possibly going to be playing that?
Even though everyone goes insane over Bioware.. the fact that EA has their hand in the cookie jar now makes me paranoid of that game.

R

Ransom_of_BiC

Of course we are. Stop by the guild site and say hi.

We are playing on the Sith side. :D Our guild has already been established.