• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Someone's in the Kitchen With Dinah

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I don't think cooking is a skill anyone looks at as being part of a build or template. If you want to have cooking... you just put it somewhere where you have room for it, and you don't get much value out of it.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My cooking just sits on one of my crafters. There doesn't really seem to be any effective build you can make with it, other than for roleplay purposes.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
None really... but if you had to chose some skills for a template, then I would suggest Wrestling/Magery/Alchemy/Inscription/Eval/Med. Yup, that template would make some killer :pancakes: hehe :p

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
It would be kinda cool if you could use a fireball to 'cook' the raw ribs you harvest from corpses etc.

I've often wondered why they never introduced the 'need' to eat into UO. Even the text based MUDs back in the 90s made food useful by decreasing natural regeneration rates if you were hungry/thirsty. UO could EASILY do the same.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It would be kinda cool if you could use a fireball to 'cook' the raw ribs you harvest from corpses etc.

I've often wondered why they never introduced the 'need' to eat into UO. Even the text based MUDs back in the 90s made food useful by decreasing natural regeneration rates if you were hungry/thirsty. UO could EASILY do the same.
Even though it's never been "officially" announced, I'm pretty certain that eating increases your Hit Chance Increase.

I've tested it before, and I could swear that just about every time I continuously ate food while hunting I missed significantly less.

Maybe I am just crazy.... but even though the devs have said eating does nothing I still believe it does.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Baker is the at arch-nemisis of the beggar!