• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

someone pls tell me what im doing wrong

Uncle Talbo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive been playing for over 9 yrs now, im in the army so i go for 12mo at a time with no play, i got a char that is 115 swords 110.7 tact 110 anat 106 parry 102.3 bush92 healing and 80n in chiv everytime i log on i get super mad. i havent beat someone in forever and i dont havea all the arties that all these other players have ( i just cant get them) i mean where the *** do they comefrom/? so this is it, im going to quit the game if i dont get any help. Im tired of ppl that have no concern for others. "im real good at this game i just took my char with 120 everything( because im in a zerg guild so i can have that ****ew) and beat on a char that is just trying to mix it up so he's in fel but im not going to beat him alone, this **** was too much fun sao ill call some of my mates, and we together will beat this guy that cant beat one of us" yea. I hope your balls drop soon so i can meet you at a bar. BTW any of you ( and you know who you are that want to come down to FT. Benning Ga. I GUarentee a good time, ) but you wont, because none of you can live past the monitor. I know it hurts when you stub your toe, you probablly say **** like damne in the game i would have owned that dog kennell. I swhouldnt even be mad about it but you know that the more of you that i meet on the game the more of you i see as this "Littl3 man" comlex

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

Huh?! All I got out of that is.. You want help but come here with a crappy I can't do it myself attitude. Nothing is to hard to get in game anymore...
Maybe next time don't come posting after you have died. At least what you type might make more sense. Just a guess....

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Virtually every question you asked has been answered on uoguide.com, stratics forums, or on related websites. If you want to get good, you've gotta work at it. You can't just expect to play on and off and suddenly gank someone who plays every day. Similarly, you can't expect to receive help/advice from others when a) you're being very demanding about it, as if we owe you our time, and b) you're clearly too lazy to look for any info, yourself. Your first question, in particular - i.e., where do arties come from - can probably be answered by a quick Google search.

I'm sorry you're feeling frustrated and I appreciate your service to our country. That said, until you can learn to ask coherent and, more importantly, gracious questions, I'm afraid you may not get much help.

B

Beastmaster

Honestly, you don't stand a chance. The people you are going up against probably have all the great factions gear and the 3rd party utilities to ensure you can't kill them. Your only chance if you want to be in the PvP scene is to get picked up by one of the top PvP guilds that can provide you all the tricks you need.

V

Vortimer

Its pointless to try and PvP without at least a few 120 skills(weapon skill, magery,resist etc) and to not use faction artifacts.

They are as easy to get as killing demons for a few hours.
Join a guild and spawn... you will have a good suit and be scrolled out in a few weeks of solid playing, maybe even sooner if someone in your guild can set you up abit with armor and weapons

Uncle Talbo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow! i just got home from work and i read what i had written last night. i'd like to start off by extending my apologies to all, seems that the frustrations of several deaths useing several diferent techniques in a shortend time lime is amplified emotionally after a few beers, so for what its worth i really am sorry for my rant. I do however, if any of you can find it possible, require your advise and or guidance on a few issues. Im not sure how to get the Quotes up so ill be throwing the cut and paste around on this post pls be patient with me. i will try to address each issue in the order in which it was received.

1st ~Antzy~Pantz~ wrote...but come here with a crappy I can't do it myself attitude. i see how this is what it looks like but i assure you that is farthest from the attitude i have in this game. I have never bought gold or arties from those sites that are so famous, and i belive,with the exception of a few items that were given to me by a freind, i have earned everything that i own in this game.
2nd ...Nothing is to hard to get in game anymore...
well i can assure you that if your running solo, and not paying rl money for things then that is not an entirely true statement, I have been fortunate enough to link up with a guild and helped them in a champ spawn a few times but im not sure why i yet to recieve any of the "cool guy" stuff
3rd ...Maybe next time don't come posting after you have died. yes this is solid advise and i hope that i can follow it, people in my line of work tend to be bred with an alpha male type attitude so we become ever more passionate about something the more it slips from our control with seemingly no logical reasoning.

next
1st Syrus of Gahd wrote... Virtually every question you asked has been answered on uoguide.com, stratics forums, or on related websites. If you want to get good, you've gotta work at it. As i can see my questioning was not clear ( more than likely due to the emotion and beer combo) but i have searched the forums extensively, several years ago there was a forum called the "war hall" or something like that in which one could go and just read up on the problems ( and solutions to those) that ppl were haveing. Now adays there is isnt so much one but i still try to find the info. things like what is the best speacial move to use against a (insert class of char ) if your a ( insert class of char). or things to watch out for, like hey man i noticed in your your temp u droped resist, that is going ot make you more sesceptible to posions and curse type spells
2nd ...you can't expect to receive help/advice from others when a) you're being very demanding about it, as if we owe you our time,
true i can not dispute this so true that it cant belive i would have posted like that. but i did so moveing on.

3rd ...b) you're clearly too lazy to look for any info, yourself. Your first question, in particular - i.e., where do arties come from - can probably be answered by a quick Google search.
well i have checked a lot of sites trying to find the best way to ensure the best chance at getting one of the drops, but i meant to ask if there were any patterns that other players have noticed, that increases the drop of PVP type arties, on a side note what i really need to know is what are the best arties for pvp by class, i mean if im running into a fight with a blood wood on a sampire is that better than the lower mana and hp regen of the totem?

...I'm sorry you're feeling frustrated and I appreciate your service to our country I appreciate your concern genuinely i do and thank you .

Beastmaster wrote ... Honestly, you don't stand a chance. The people you are going up against probably have all the great factions gear and the 3rd party utilities to ensure you can't kill them.
ok here is what would have been in the past the toughest question for me, given that i used to love this game when it seemed like everything was on a more even playing field If im not willing to run a program a cheat or what have you... can i still be a factor in this game as far as pvp goes? I see no reason to continue this endevor of time and money to not be able to compete on a greater level.

I know this has become longer than usual post and for those of you that have taken the time to read and transmit your input i thank you from the bottom of my heart, i am sorry for the first post.
The game has become so item oriented that i really dont know where to turn, an item that looked super good to me I have had a guy at the gate tell me to take that off. things like that drive me crazy spending time to get my hands on an item that is no longer worth it. once again anyones input is appreciated and considered. i look forward to the day when i die to a guy and he tells me what i did well or wrong, we call those an after action review (AAR) but the pattern im seeing is , after you kill someone, even if you used 4 people to do it, if you dont know the guy then you talk smack about him laugh or "rofl" and procced to talk about how you feel about his lack of skill in your eyes.for a game that is based on cohesive play, i just dont get the ammount of people that want this to be amuch smaller community. but im starting off again

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT ( even the smart a$$ ones)

B

Beastmaster

ok here is what would have been in the past the toughest question for me, given that i used to love this game when it seemed like everything was on a more even playing field If im not willing to run a program a cheat or what have you... can i still be a factor in this game as far as pvp goes? I see no reason to continue this endevor of time and money to not be able to compete on a greater level.
If you can get fully scrolled up, get the latest faction gear, learn all the efficient ways to deal damage and remove damage, and hone your skills with all of that you will be able to compete with some. However there are cheats being used by many that will negate all your skill unless you join in using their cheats. There are many naysayers claiming there's no truth in that, but I've seen enough of it that I firmly believe it.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Rants happen... *smiles* I just saw this thread and wanted to respond.

Non gank style PvP is practice, repetition, observation, equipment and ping...

Find some folks willing to work with you and you would be amazed at what you can accomplish.

Yes. You can do it legit...

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

I was not trying to be a smart ass. I do understand where you are coming from but things are pretty easy to get in game now. Maybe you do need a little help, someone to push you along, myself I don't spend a penny on this game, everything I buy is with gold including my game time, so it can be done.
You will see, if you stick around long enough, find a good group to do things with that you can also do the same :).. good luck!

V

Vortimer

i can help u out abit with tactics and maybe help u build a suit.

icq me 308392636

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and the 3rd party utilities to ensure you can't kill them.
I am so tired of people saying this. Sure people use it, but its usually the REALLY BAD KIDS who dont know how to time heals or pots or bandaids. Figure out there little program timer, and mess it up. AKA if they are using pots, and auto apple, mortal 3 times straight. The script will go nuts and they wont heal period. Or think of a template weakness? No resist? Mana vamp them. They will run until they have mana, and you do it all over. They apple 24/7? Uses small curse spells and make them waste all there apples. Or figure out a suit weakness, and ward remove them. You would be surprise how bad some peoples suits are without magic reflect and/or reactive armor ;)

Simple things man, dont accuse "GOOD" people of using programs. Because with the exception of Calamity, 95% of people that use scripts/programs are really really bad, EVEN WITH THEM.

PS: YES! Ping is a HUGE part of pvp. It always has been. If you are not pinging in the >50 area, you are going to have problems. Ya, people speedhack, but I ping 20-24 and people accuse me of speedhacking constantly. Ive been the same speed since I upgraded in 2003 from 28k. Why is it when I was bad at first coming from 28k and was "decent speed" i wasnt a speedhacker, but now when I can kill people and use templates effectively I am a speedhacker? It just shows you people use the "programs" thing as a whine.

Just dont take anything to heart, and have fun. Thats my best advice sir =]

A

AshMoney

i ping 60 to 90 for some reason. i hate comcrap i mean comcast!
Get the AT&T U-Verse! I havent been happier! I had comcast for almost 3 years, and when i went to at&t, it was like upgrading from 28k to highspeed.

T

truss

i am going to have to check that out. as it stands now we have light the best that comcast offers and it still blows. when i see a comcrap guy on the side of the road i want to run him over with my jeep!

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Get the AT&T U-Verse! I havent been happier! I had comcast for almost 3 years, and when i went to at&t, it was like upgrading from 28k to highspeed.
Aye I have U-verse comcast sux and so does Charter