• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Some Vice versus Virtue questions

Messy boy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hello, I recently joined VvV and have a couple of questions...

1. Is it better to be a fighter or a thief and how much silver do I get for fighting and for stealing?

2. If I steal things is there any difference if I return stolen goods to the Priest of Virtue or to the Priest of Vice?

3. I noticed there is a red and blue robe available as a silver reward would wearing this robe and returning stolen goods to the related priest E.g. wear blue robe return goods to Priest of Virtue, give me more silver or extra points?

4. Can the pet reward animals be lored without having animal lore and with they gain when fighting?

Thank you

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello, I recently joined VvV and have a couple of questions...

1. Is it better to be a fighter or a thief and how much silver do I get for fighting and for stealing?
Really depends on how you want to play. An Altar will earn you 100 silver and so will a returned sigil. You can make more silver as a thief because you can steal sigils and claim altars but that also depends on who else is on...

2. If I steal things is there any difference if I return stolen goods to the Priest of Virtue or to the Priest of Vice?
Not that I have discovered - but that is not to say there will not be consequences down the road. So if you are playing a good character, give to Virtue and if you are playing an evil character give to Vice.... If you are somewhere in the middle give to both.

3. I noticed there is a red and blue robe available as a silver reward would wearing this robe and returning stolen goods to the related priest E.g. wear blue robe return goods to Priest of Virtue, give me more silver or extra points?
Tried this and didn't make a difference as far as points or silver. Hopefully they do make that change or add some value to robe.

4. Can the pet reward animals be lored without having animal lore and with they gain when fighting?
I did use animal lore on my horse and (at least with a human) you can see all its attributes without the skill. They also can be trained but I haven't gone through the trouble of doing so.

Hope this helps,

-Lore

Last edited:

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bought a Vice Robe and it's durability is now 9/255. I went to repair with my tailor and got the message you can't repair it with that type of tool. Tried both sewing machine and a sewing kit, I even tried using a repair deed at the npc tailor shop. It shows that it is Antique, but it doesn't say "Cannot be repaired". I have repaired other Antique things before so what's up with the Vice Robe?

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bought a Vice Robe and it's durability is now 9/255. I went to repair with my tailor and got the message you can't repair it with that type of tool. Tried both sewing machine and a sewing kit, I even tried using a repair deed at the npc tailor shop. It shows that it is Antique, but it doesn't say "Cannot be repaired". I have repaired other Antique things before so what's up with the Vice Robe?
"Only murderous hands can utilize the robes of Vice as only the purest soul can unlock the secrets of the ones sewn of Virtue" -Unknown

[The above is completely unfounded in game, and as of now we have found no way to repair either robe]

[Lore's Player]

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Only murderous hands can utilize the robes of Vice as only the purest soul can unlock the secrets of the ones sewn of Virtue" -Unknown

[The above is completely unfounded in game, and as of now we have found no way to repair either robe]

[Lore's Player]
Love the quote. After spending all those points for it, I guess i'll keep it as a memento once it hits 1/1 or so.

WhatNowAnotherNerf

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yes the robes are quite useless. I have enjoyed battling others and the banners are awesome deco. My favorite part of this has been the stealth and sigils when others are trying to dominate the field...