• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Some thoughts and memories from/for an almost 10 year Stratics Mod.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In other words keep your opinions to yourself...why come to a forum, if your told time and time again, to "keep your mouth shut".

It's contrary to the whole idea of a forum..

I don't see anything that warrants a moderater intervention in this thread. Zuckuss your doing exactly what Kelmo/Petra old mods would do, which is exactly what the gripes are about under the old forums ownership which drove people away from the boards. Please show me the post # that's uncivil.:rolleyes:

Is this going to turn into another forum where players can't express their opinions?

People come to forums to express their thoughts & opinions, not be told to "shut the hell up" just because their comments aren't positive or popular.
To be fair, if it were "that type of forum" and I didn't want you to express your opinion, I could have just deleted your posts. You have inserted several quotes including "keep your mouth shut" and "shut the hell up."

I did not say these things. You did. Guilty conscience?

Perhaps you feel that moderators shouldn't participate in the discussion and by doing so, they are "intervening."
"Is this going to turn into another forum where players can't express their opinions?"
I completely agree with the context of your question, do you?

I continue to stand by: "Let's keep this conversation civil and on topic."

So far you have been civil... let's keep it that way. The topic however has drifted into some sort of attack on former Stratics policy. We are not going to have this turn into a thread where everyone who has some sort of grudge against Stratics staff can simply jump on them. The discussion has potential to fall into the category of "discussing moderator actions" and my comment, "Let's try to keep this conversation civil and on topic" is meant to divert that from happening.

I did not mean to "strike a nail" with you with my comment. See, I can put quotations on random words too.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@kelmo I once advertised a dye tub for sale on Siege. You gave me double the amount I wanted. Your reasoning was that you'd banned me unfairly on stratics. That says it all ... if you cant do the job ....