• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] some sort of a museum thread

X

Xtashin

i was wondering if anyone else misses the old museum thread? i was wondering if anything is in the works for bringing something like that back maybe not something in such detail. but maybe at least something that tells the shard/location of different museums there is still

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has always been a great idea but its a full time job to do it right. But I am all for it if somone wants to take up on that task. *misses Sarsmi right about now* :(

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the old thread was a *huge* task and it was fun to just look at the pics, even if the museum no longer existed

Xtashin is right, we could at least get a little bit of info up for everyone..... a pic of the place and it's location so that if someone wanted to visit they'd know how to find it.. but I think the thread would need watching and any posts that are not of that type removed and keep it only for information

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

I also miss the old museum thread.
But its just to much work for one person.

If we really want it I suggest that one rare collector per shard gather info needed on their home shard.Mybe we don't get all shards this way but some of the biggest at least.

Regards
The Scandinavian

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I miss it as well...would it be too chaotic if each of us was responsible for submitting pics of our own museum?

D

DVI

It would take me a bit of time as my schedule is a bit chaotic of late, but if people submit their museums to me via pm i would be happy to start putting something together. I'll need the following info: icq number , stratics name, shard, facet, coordinates, house owners name.

D

DVI

Oh and could anyone confirm the old museum reqs? I believe it was 15 items between seer, event rare, rubble, holiday rares, rare statues and server births.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not all rubble will be included, only the rare rubbles. And not all holiday items, only singing balls, white angel statues and surfers, phenoix armor pieces, and item bless deed.

D

DVI

not all rubble will be included, only the rare rubbles. And not all holiday items, only singing balls, white angel statues and surfers, phenoix armor pieces, and item bless deed.
yah i assumed that would be the case, but was posting from my phone and didnt want to type it all out heh

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Umm if you are including white angels and surfers, then the rarest name white statues should be in that same category since well umm thier extremly rare too. :popcorn:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Umm if you are including white angels and surfers, then the rarest name white statues should be in that same category since well umm thier extremly rare too. :popcorn:

okay guys, this is not meant to derail this thread at all, but I would like clarification on something.......

the specs for a museum are needed, and if I recall correctly there were also guidelines set up for this forum some time ago.... recently there have been many posts about items that I, personally, would not consider a rare item in that they are currently spawning and will continue to spawn.... while they are difficult to get they're not a 'one of a kind' or a limited number event item, so I'm wondering when the definition of the rares forums changed

DVI, about your offer..... will you be taking the pics and recording the information or would you like submissions from those interested in participating?

D

DVI

i'll be taking the pics so that i can play with them and get it to work, just basic info is needed.

also, i completely agree with you devils!

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as I understand too, if the item is spawning it is not considered a rare. Or if there are 1000s of the item like the rubble ferns, I wouldn't consider those rare. I don't consider the environmental spawn stuff rare either although others do.

I have seen quite a few posts moved on spawning items but I guess everything doesn't get caught all the time.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are the rules I believe if we do it this time around. When the original musuem thread Sarsmi and I started (about 3-4 years ago) we set a minimum quantity of 25 items. Since then and especially with the recent season 7 of items, the EMs have graciously released hundreds them for us to collect. I think the idea behind all of this originally was not only to showcase collector's accomplishments but also set a standard or "challenge" for others to strive to. I believe the minimum should be raised to 35 items now. We also need a team of collectors who can validate the claim before DVI posts them. I was soloing that in the past, i.e. I verify and Sarsmi puts it up. That was time consuming and hard to meet up at times. But now I think there are enough collectors who know how to easily grade this. I propose these names to the list of Verifiers but if I forget to list you please forgive me. I choose them because they are on here frequently are readily give out their icqs so easily accessable.

1. Manticore
2. Lania
3. Linemen
4. Blueturtle
5. Tomas Bryce
6. Athleas
7. Lykor
8. DVI

Furthermore, I went ahead and assigned rare values on the stag items and some rubble items. I think only those labeled as UR = Ultra Rare and VR = Very Rare should be included because those were pretty much shard specific and their quantity iam 99% sure are not over 75.

But what qualifies you ask? Well here is what I think should qualify:

1. Seer Items
2. Server Births
3. EM created items
4. Items forgot to lock down by GMs during events that are not normal
5. VR & UR Stag Items
6. UR Rubbles
7. Clean Up Britannia Items (Phenoix armor pieces, Singing Balls, & IBD)
8. Xmas Gifts - 3rd Tier White Statues, White Angels and Surfers
9. Speckled Easter Eggs - According to Messanna, only 10 were given to each EM per US, European, and Oceana shards. So thats not a whole lot considering most have uniquie names.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that list (both of them) looks right to me and thank you for clearly defining things

I can't think, offhand, of anything that needs to be added to the list of qualifiers, 'cept maybe the G'Thunk and G'Splat statues? do they come in white?

~edit~ ohhhhh, and also, will this also be the standard for these forums?

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that list (both of them) looks right to me and thank you for clearly defining things

I can't think, offhand, of anything that needs to be added to the list of qualifiers, 'cept maybe the G'Thunk and G'Splat statues? do they come in white?

~edit~ ohhhhh, and also, will this also be the standard for these forums?

Yes, G Thunk and Splat along with Lathari, and that forth one all comes in white.

W

woody_cats

Well I just looked over the rubble list and am totally put off. I fell that part of collecting is also gathering sets. So to me with rubble you are completely ignoring it.
A completed large display case should count. Completed large benches. Picnic table with picnic benches maybe even the tables that you had to piece together, the beds if have the two or 4 pieces the ship if have 4 pieces. the rift pillars and a few others. What about the complete set of snow globes .
To me my fun is collecting. Also it is the rares collector responsibility to try to keep the history of uo and magencia was a big part. Also easter eggs dont count some should . even if its like 20 different titled eggs count as one.

stag items have no problem with rare vr and ur and only vr and ur count.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I just looked over the rubble list and am totally put off. I fell that part of collecting is also gathering sets. So to me with rubble you are completely ignoring it.
A completed large display case should count. Completed large benches. Picnic table with picnic benches maybe even the tables that you had to piece together, the beds if have the two or 4 pieces the ship if have 4 pieces. the rift pillars and a few others. What about the complete set of snow globes .
To me my fun is collecting. Also it is the rares collector responsibility to try to keep the history of uo and magencia was a big part. Also easter eggs dont count some should . even if its like 20 different titled eggs count as one.

stag items have no problem with rare vr and ur and only vr and ur count.
I am not sure I totally agree here. Because people can just put together a full set of level 1 xmas statues and I would definetly consider that not a rare. Putting 2 piece benches or 4 piece beds together is fun in all but they are not rare. Not when on Baja alone 100+ pieces spawned. I would consider putting together the 9 piece blood tile set though. I would also consider 5piece sand stone stairs set with block, 4 piece corner standstone stairs set,

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've updated the rubble list to include sets. Mind you a completed set counts only as 1 item.

W

woody_cats

personnally the display cases make the look for me. my 4 piece boat is one of my favorite set ups. Hehe at least could not be a rubble museum like i was doing to have. I personnelly had 6 months ago planned to have 35 museum lvl pieces at all my houses not any more. And yes the bloods could have been an add. You by eliminating alot of people who may be trying to grow there collect and might have started with a rubble table or display case and want a rare to add to it .

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
personnally the display cases make the look for me. my 4 piece boat is one of my favorite set ups. Hehe at least could not be a rubble museum like i was doing to have. I personnelly had 6 months ago planned to have 35 museum lvl pieces at all my houses not any more. And yes the bloods could have been an add. You by eliminating alot of people who may be trying to grow there collect and might have started with a rubble table or display case and want a rare to add to it .

I've updated the rubble list. After some careful thinking the updated rubble set list should be more than adequate to address your concerns.

W

woody_cats

sorry for my behavior and yes i am now content with the rubble you set it up more than fair now and a great way to grow your museum . It was not that i do not have event items server rares extra but always valued the time i spent collecting and to me we were only agrueing on what should be in a museum of uo items and i spent a good year on the magenta stuff and collecting good pieces.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thier does need to be some kind of way of reducing the amount of work involved to see if players museums would qualify to be looked at before they went to check it out.

I believe that all the players interested in collecting rares in one form or another enjoy seeing what other players collect and how they display them.

I think its a great idea to have this again, alot of the old museums are gone now and replaced by new ones. Along with alot of new rares that have been added to the game since the last time this was done.

As a side note I hope that some discretion is used so that some houses might be added if they are in some way really out of the ordinary as far as the types of rares they carry instead of reaching lets say 35.

Also if a player has thier items spread over two houses that this should still be considered one collection of rares by that collector.

D

DVI

Just to ward off any concern over the museum standards ill be including a section for new collectors featuring up and coming museums to give them their fair due.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to ward off any concern over the museum standards ill be including a section for new collectors featuring up and coming museums to give them their fair due.
I think if DVI is willing to take on this daunting task of making this a very nice and much needed post along with pictures etc..., we should all donate something for his efforts. I am willing to donate to him a rare.

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well it is an honor just to be nominated, thankyou Manticore.

I spend entirely too much time in museums as it is so it will be nice to actually have a purpose beyond my own.

Athelas [Treasure Trove] Mall, Atlantic

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think if DVI is willing to take on this daunting task of making this a very nice and much needed post along with pictures etc..., we should all donate something for his efforts. I am willing to donate to him a rare.
I will donate something as well. Look forward to seeing all the new museums out there

D

DVI

As of yet I have had only a single submission, other than that I personally know the locations of several museums on Atl, LS, and of course Manti's.

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tried to send info but ya mailbox full Also just noticed were ya from. )) Nice to see another MA native.

D

DVI

just cleared the box out, so for the one person who submitted already please resubmit, and my apologies for the annoyance.

damn right it is, b-towns where its at.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya for starters:

Blue Turtles on Origin
Lania's on Baja
Devil's Own on Legends
Raddagast on Napa Valley
Lykor's on Catskils
Linemens you'll want to wait because it will move again
Jinx's on Baja
Suzzy's at Treasure Trove
Luna Outfitters on LS
Lord Courages on Baja
Gormach's on LS
Peil's on Asuka
Orc's on GL
Of The Ring on GL
Baron's on Pacific
Demonous on Chesypeak
Promethia's on Chesypeak
Manticores on Baja
Dimitri's on Sonoma
Lady Destiny's on Napa
Riply Europa
MOP Guild, Catskils

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya for starters:

Blue Turtles on Origin
Lania's on Baja
Devil's Own on Legends
Raddagast on Napa Valley
Lykor's on Catskils
Linemens you'll want to wait because it will move again
Jinx's on Baja
Suzzy's at Treasure Trove
Luna Outfitters on LS
Lord Courages on Baja
Gormach's on LS
Peil's on some Asian shard
Orc's on GL
Of The Ring on GL
Baron's on Pacific
Demonous on Chesypeak
Promethia's on Chesypeak
Manticores on Baja
Dimitri's on Sonoma
ya lol thats true, ill be moving back to Baja after Pac event. Ill send ya info when im back on Baja. No sence doing it twice

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Peil's is on Asuka. It is a bit of a run, but it is DEFINITELY worth visiting! I love going over there.....

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've sort of sat back and let this play out to see how things would unfold.

I love this idea. Two months ago, I even registered a website to do this myself but was detained by my restaurant starting a construction phase and simply didn't have the time.

DVI, if you'd like to do this, I'll donate the web name that I've secured and give you full access to it. This way, we can link from Stratics Rares Forum, but it's not bogged down by ads or rampant postings.

Let me know!

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi you can add me to the list mostly server ups plus a few xmas statues;)

Peil

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Peil's is on Asuka. It is a bit of a run, but it is DEFINITELY worth visiting! I love going over there.....
I'm surprised for mine to be nominated although my house's scale is so smaller than other great museums. Anyway, I'm glad indeed, thank you :)

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All, since this post was started I've had many requests on what it should go on the list as a qualifier. After some carefull consideration and self reasoning I agree with some of the comments. Therefore, I've expanded the requirements below. This was never meant to be exclusive but rather more inclusive. I understand all your hard work in trying to put together a great collection.

This is not an easy equation I tell you but to help you understand some of that I've listed what I had to consider in order to qualify:

1. Quantity - I compare against the highest # drop from the EM item list (Broken Crystals). Greater than than that usually doesn't qualify, but if the other 2 factors are there, then having multiples of this category, i.e. sets or just sheer quantity will result in the qualification.

2. Desirability - Is this one person's quest for self justification or is there an actual demand among the populous.

3. GP Worth - I try to compare the category of items to the lowest value of the EM event items to serve as baseline.

And to qualify, the item must have at least 2 of the 3 factors above to qulaify. I think after this, most of you would agree to this method. So here it is folks, this list of qulaifiers:

1. Seer Items
2. Server Births
3. EM created items
5. VR & UR Stag Items
6. UR Rubbles + Sets
9. Xmas Gifts - 3rd Tier Colored Busts and Lady in prayer (Every 5 equals 1 count)
10. Xmas Gifts - Angels and Surfers (Every 3 equals 1 count)
11. Speckled Easter Eggs - According to Messanna, only 10 were given to each EM per US, European, and Oceana shards. (Each 1 count as 1)
12. 2009 Easter Eggs - Every 10 count as 1 count. I realized certain shards had very unique inscriptions and low drops.
13. 2008 Neon Xmas Boxes (Every 5 equals 1 count)
14. 2009 Angel Xmas Boxes (Every 5 equals 1 count)
15. Sewn clothing with double "Blessed" tags (Every 3 pieces equals 1 count) These were the first of its series back in 1997-99. Currently, each piece in circulation when sold brings 15-50 mil.

I hope this gives everyone an opportunty for continuing their collections and I can't wait to see them on Lykor's website.

P.S. These requirements will be placed on Lykor's webpage so there will be no confusion as to what qualifies *I hope he puts it up there haha*

Manticore

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well done Manticore,

your stamina for this things seems to be endless.
:thumbup:

But where are all the crazy smith items??
:eyes:

J/K

Regards
The Scandinavian

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All, since this post was started I've had many requests on what it should go on the list as a qualifier. After some carefull consideration and self reasoning I agree with some of the comments. Therefore, I've expanded the requirements below. This was never meant to be exclusive but rather more inclusive. I understand all your hard work in trying to put together a great collection.

This is not an easy equation I tell you but to help you understand some of that I've listed what I had to consider in order to qualify:

1. Quantity - I compare against the highest # drop from the EM item list (Broken Crystals). Greater than than that usually doesn't qualify, but if the other 2 factors are there, then having multiples of this category, i.e. sets or just sheer quantity will result in the qualification.

2. Desirability - Is this one person's quest for self justification or is there an actual demand among the populous.

3. GP Worth - I try to compare the category of items to the lowest value of the EM event items to serve as baseline.

And to qualify, the item must have at least 2 of the 3 factors above to qulaify. I think after this, most of you would agree to this method. So here it is folks, this list of qulaifiers:

1. Seer Items
2. Server Births
3. EM created items
5. VR & UR Stag Items
6. UR Rubbles + Sets
9. Xmas Gifts - 3rd Tier Colored Busts and Lady in prayer (Every 5 equals 1 count)
11. Speckled Easter Eggs - According to Messanna, only 10 were given to each EM per US, European, and Oceana shards. (Each 1 count as 1)
12. 2009 Easter Eggs - Every 10 count as 1 count. I realized certain shards had very unique inscriptions and low drops.
15. Sewn clothing with double "Blessed" tags (Every 3 pieces equals 1 count) These were the first of its series back in 1997-99. Currently, each piece in circulation when sold brings 15-50 mil.

I hope this gives everyone an opportunty for continuing their collections and I can't wait to see them on Lykor's website.

P.S. These requirements will be placed on Lykor's webpage so there will be no confusion as to what qualifies *I hope he puts it up there haha*

Manticore
Sounds Good.

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

1. Seer Items
2. Server Births
3. EM created items
5. VR & UR Stag Items
6. UR Rubbles + Sets

Manticore
I think the guidelines you have set up are great. And I would also like to say thanks for all the work you do on this forum. The work that goes into listing rares from every shard event as accurate as you do is awesome. And I see from some posts it is a thankless job, that sometimes falls under some scrutiny whether or not you got a item count exact. Well if it wasn't for you we wouldn't have a clue on how to base a value on a item. Keep up the great work Manticore, you are a true Uo rare pioneer who a lot of us appreciate immensely.