• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Some questions for a newby...

J

jfkeach

I am new to gardening, I did it years and years ago when plants first came out, but I haven't grown any plants since then, so please forgive my confusion.

1. Does being an alchemist, or the Ehance Pots on jewelry help with plant growth? In other words a GM Alchemist with the talisman and +50 Ecru ring, does the potions I apply help keep the plant healthier? (It does not appear so)

2. Is it best to keep the plants being tended in your pack? Or should I lock them down? Or can I put in a secure container?

3. What is up with the timer for plant growth checks? I got some plants still at 4 days, while some are at 6 days, and all are in my pack, and were planted at same time. When does the timer reset?

Thank you.

D

Drazasamus

no on the plant health... some plants get sick easier than others, some need water more than others... just give it the potion and water when it wants it.

i lock mine down, i believe they won't grow in a secure container, but will in your pack

timer resets at server up, but you may have used fertile dirt (which is a reg now for mystacism spells, and with a lowered weight and cheap cost) with will cause some plants to skip ahead a day or 2

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. no help on potions or the like - although being a gm alchemist is useful in that you can make your own potions for your plants

2. you can do either, i would base it off of what would be most convienant for you. If you grow locked down plants, you have to tend to them every day without a break. backpack plants on the other hand only grow when you actually log in so if you need to skip a day, you can (the downside is that you have to be careful about logging in a char for something like 12th anniv gifts and have all your plants grow! lol)

btw - plants do not grow while in a secure container, or in a container locked down.

3. if you used fertile dirt as drazasamus mentioned, or dirt from around a moongate, you can get the occasional random double growths. There is also some kind of growth bug that is really mysterious (as in, no one can quite figure out why it is happening because it's so random) bug out there where plants seem to skip growth cycles (or perhaps double grow?) and end up being sicker because of it. it could be possible that something like this happened

J

jfkeach

Thanks so much. Went through the FAQ and think I got it now. Yes, I used fertile soil.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Just FYI I use backpacks and blue bugs packs for gardening. I frequently skip a day here or there so I don't want to grow them locked down.

If you grow in packs (as I do) after the first day, which requires a full 24 hours, each subsequent login can be 23 hours instead.

This means if you first plant starting at 7:04 and finish at 7:10 AM and then login the next day at 7:06, some but not all of your plants will need tending. If you login at 6:15 the next day they will all need tending and you will have some on day two and some on day three.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Going to add this here rather than start a new thread, I found a bag of plants in my bank (no idea how old it is) they are on day 7 of growth, how many growth periods are needed to turn them to deco, and if I leave them in my pack not in a bag will they age there?

D

DHMagicMan_1

Going to add this here rather than start a new thread, I found a bag of plants in my bank (no idea how old it is) they are on day 7 of growth, how many growth periods are needed to turn them to deco, and if I leave them in my pack not in a bag will they age there?
You can turn the Deco on day 9... but if they've been sitting in your bank for a long time and are on "Day 7" make sure whether they are "Healthy", "Wilted", "Dying" etc... they won't go to the next stage while are "Wilted" or lower, I don't think. You'll have to potion them up with heals and strength along with whatever they are missing if you want them to recover.