• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Some disturbing news...

A

ariesgeek

I won't be around for a while. My youngest son, who just turned a year old on Monday, was diagnosed with liver cancer. Please pass the word onto my WBV buddies, as I have no way of getting into UO from here in the hospital.

Thanks.

status updates, for those who are interested, are at http://andrew4life.blogspot.com

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We love you and will keep you in our most positive thoughts.
Prayers are with you and your family as you overcome this.

Karina

Vepl

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ariesgeek you and your family will be in our prayers. Thank you so much for the blog link and updates.

Vepl

L

Lilac Crypt

Amazing insights on your page, as well as updates.

Unfair is a word that should only apply to children when explaining the rules of a board game. Give the lil guy a tiny snuggle for me.

~LC~

G

Good luck to your son. You will all be in our thoughts. We will keep the lights on for you to find your way back once life settles back down.

A

ariesgeek

Thank you all for the kind comments. We really appreciate the warm thoughts and prayers. My wife promised to never pick on me again for playing UO.

Could someone please confirm for me that Karn and/or Elric have been made aware of my situation and given the web address for updates? Although I'm just a few miles from the hospital, I haven't been home since Thursday and can't install UO on the laptop I'm using while at the hospital.

Thank you all.

L

Lilac Crypt

Oh, you know she eventually will.

*grin*

It's weird to those who haven't ever stepped into a virtual community, but we really do worry about one another and keep track and, in situations like this.. pray a lot.

Give her a big hug from all of us, just cause we can't, but would love to.

~LC~

C

Coven of One

My prayers are with you and your family.

Karn is aware, so I'm sure Elric is, also. Don't worry about them, concentrate on your son.

-Nilan's player.

Vepl

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you and your wife for the blog updates. It's good to hear he is out of PICU (Pediatric Intensive Care Unit). Look forward to hearing when he starts the chemo treatment.

Vepl

G

I think there is nothing worse in life than having your child suffer and feeling helpless to do anything about it.

You, little Andrew, and your family will also be in my prayers. Give your wife a big hug from me, too.

A

Aboo

Andrew has got to be the cutest little boy! He is absolutely adorable in that picture! Our prayers are with you.

imported_Falon of Eldor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the Eldors of Makoto, Siege, we are including Andrew and your family in our prayers. This is the first time I have heard of a child that young having cancer. We are very sorry to hear this news. Andrew looks like a fighter, and with caring parents such as you, we are sure that he will fight this thing and come out signing!

God Bless You, Andrew and the rest of the family.

L

Lilac Crypt

Going home.. how wonderful.

A true bit of tempered joy for all of you.

~LC~

A

ariesgeek

Yeah, we made it home last night around 7:30. Our mom-n-pop pharmacy down the street was closed and we needed his pain and nausea meds filled, so I had to go to Walgreens. Was there until 10:30. Finally came in and passed out. We have like 6 more scrips to fill tho. that sucks.

At least Andy and I are enjoying our day at home today, though. Nice to be back.

L

Lilac Crypt

Saw you'd posted in another thread, so I figured this one would be the better place to ask. How go things with you all?

Edited part - Oh mercy, that video is.. just wonderful! What an adorable and just doing-what-babies-do little guy!!!!

T

the Xild

I do hope things go well for you. My step son had kidney failure at about 1, so I know the absolute fear and and helplessness a father feels at these times.
We have never met, or spoke, but I walk with you.

A

ariesgeek

Thanks once again for the kind words.

And to answer Lilac's question, things are going well. He seems to be responding very well to chemo. We'll find out for sure Thursday when he gets a CT scan. I think the prognosis is pretty positive at this point.

D

derealcanuckeh

that is great to hear Aries nothing but good wishes to you and yours man

A

ariesgeek

For those of you not keeping score: Andy 1, Cancer 0. The tumor came out a couple days ago. He's having some pain issues right now, but that will pass.

Two more rounds of chemo to go, just to make sure they got it all, but he's basically cancer free as of Halloween!

We're not out of the woods. The next 8 - 10 weeks will still be teh sux, but the worst is now over.

Thank you all again for your continued thoughts and prayers.

P

Piper Everwood

I am so glad to hear they removed it. I will keep you all in my prayers.

A

ariesgeek

It is with great joy and many tears that I announce Andy is cancer free! He is not in remission. He is cancer free!

For those of you who have been following along, we appreciate it. We'll continue to keep you posted.

I'll be back soon. I hope to have a fun event in the near future.

G

Thats awesome Aries. We were just talking about you at the auction this week wondering how things were going. Great timing. ((hugs))

watchertoo

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is the best news I have heard in a very long time. I am so relieved and happy for your family! Hug everyone for me

M

Mordocuo

We don't know each other but I am happy for you and your family for the good news.

A

Aboo

I am soooo happy for you and your family. I have regularly read your blog to check on you and Andrew. This is indeed wonderful news and most definitely worthy of a celebration!