• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Soloing the Dreadhorn or Darkfathers?

G

GnomeKing

I have heard of templates that can solo dreadhorn and darkfathers (probably not the same temp though). Does anyone know what these temps are and how to use them? I would like to give it a try.

J

jelinidas

For the DF a Bard/Mage has little problems. Dreadhorn, I have never even done.

W

Walkerboh77

yeah..DF bard/mage...have a demon slayer spellbook to speed things up a bit

V

von Beck

And it has to be said the Sampire template is a prime candidate for soloing both peerless and doom. See the Warrior forum I guess...

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well, ive tried both, with a sampire you need to not miss more than 3 times in a row (or you will die)....a necromage with a demon slayer can deal out massive damage to a discoed dark father, just cast curse, corpseskin, protection and flamestrike away, damage can range from 150-190 a hit

B

BardMal

yeah..DF bard/mage...have a demon slayer spellbook to speed things up a bit
Since when?

I have a legendary bard mage who's sole use is to store items in his pack since he can't kill anything above dragons, and those only at about 15 minutes per.

"Are we playing the same game?" asks my wife.

PsychoKinetic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a legendary bard mage who's sole use is to store items in his pack since he can't kill anything above dragons, and those only at about 15 minutes per.

120 Magery
120 Meditaion
120 Evaluating Intelligence
120 Resist Spells
120 Music
120 Provocation

Demon Slayer Spellbook

Dark Father can be soloed with that template quite easily.

Provoke every Rotting Corpse and Lich Lord you can onto the Dark Father.
Chop up bones if the spawn starts getting too heavy.
If the spawn is out of control, move to a different area with the DF in tow, leaving behind what you can.

E

Eslake

Since when?

"Are we playing the same game?" asks my wife.
120 eval, 100 inscription, slayer books and loading up on SDI gear. Mages can kill white wyrms in 2 flamestrikes because there is no PvM cap on spell damage increase.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, ive tried both, with a sampire you need to not miss more than 3 times in a row (or you will die)....a necromage with a demon slayer can deal out massive damage to a discoed dark father, just cast curse, corpseskin, protection and flamestrike away, damage can range from 150-190 a hit

Make sure you use lightning strike every time. even doing that you sometimes miss 2-3 times in a row, this is where evasion still has its uses. pop off one of those and that should give you enough time to recover. also, heal pots for those "omg i just messed up" moments arent a bad idea either.

M

mutau

120 Magery
120 Meditaion
120 Evaluating Intelligence
120 Resist Spells
120 Music
120 Provocation

Demon Slayer Spellbook

Dark Father can be soloed with that template quite easily.

Provoke every Rotting Corpse and Lich Lord you can onto the Dark Father.
Chop up bones if the spawn starts getting too heavy.
If the spawn is out of control, move to a different area with the DF in tow, leaving behind what you can.
I like to disco the DF and provo everything worthwhile on it. i swap out the undead and demon when needed. i kill off everything thats a one hit. like skels and zombies and ghosties. provo, hide, provo, hide. when i have a good load on the DF, then i swap to Demon books and exp/fs the crud out of him. takes a bit longer, but its nice having a df solo or any of the rooms solo.

:D

D

Der Rock

last week i was in doom (since month the first time again)
Dark Father was down to 70% and then
LOL he jumps in the midle and got his 100% health back
damn,i soloed many times the DF in the past, but these days warriors are a joke in UO

S

Seismic

I like to disco the DF and provo everything worthwhile on it. i swap out the undead and demon when needed. i kill off everything thats a one hit. like skels and zombies and ghosties. provo, hide, provo, hide. when i have a good load on the DF, then i swap to Demon books and exp/fs the crud out of him. takes a bit longer, but its nice having a df solo or any of the rooms solo.

:D
I assume you are distracting him a bit at the start with a few earth ele's?? I get a little tired of him chasing me around, which is why I always find a tamer with a dragon...

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what about dreadhorn? I've wanted to take a crack at him for awhile now. What would you folks suggest?

G

GnomeKing

Ya but what about Dreadhorn? I really want to try to solo him.

C

Corrupted Goblin

Your dreadhorn solo template goes as follows:

120 Swords/Tact/Anat/Parry/Bushido
85 Chiv
35 Necro (add in Ossian Grimoire, Bloodwood Spirit, Midnight Bracers, +15 necro ring and brace takes you to 100 necro for vamp form, side note if you have mark of travesty for necro you can drop 10 more necro and add more to chiv giving you longer durations on consecrate weapon and EoO, NEVER USE DIVINE FURY)

Keep confidence up with 45dci 45hci and a stam leach mana leach high DI ssi weapon (your best choice is an ornate axe or if you really feel like you want to chug pots use a diamond mace youll lose 5% parry but you gain the ability to constantly chug and pretty much the same damage output)
If you get in trouble cast evasion heal yourself up and get back to bashing

C

Corrupted Goblin

The same will work for soloing DF's but you need to either swap out for a black staff for whirlwind spam or keep your momentum up all the time and never let spawn get out of control. If spawn gets out of control run like hell towing DF and repeat. Also make sure you are on an armoured swamp dragon for the damage reduction provided by it. (this still works for pvm just not pvp) and if you have a necro guildy with you have them keep blood oath casted on you so the DF and other creatures with necro are unable to cast it on you.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Your dreadhorn solo template goes as follows:

120 Swords/Tact/Anat/Parry/Bushido
85 Chiv
35 Necro (add in Ossian Grimoire, Bloodwood Spirit, Midnight Bracers, +15 necro ring and brace takes you to 100 necro for vamp form, side note if you have mark of travesty for necro you can drop 10 more necro and add more to chiv giving you longer durations on consecrate weapon and EoO, NEVER USE DIVINE FURY)

Keep confidence up with 45dci 45hci and a stam leach mana leach high DI ssi weapon (your best choice is an ornate axe or if you really feel like you want to chug pots use a diamond mace youll lose 5% parry but you gain the ability to constantly chug and pretty much the same damage output)
If you get in trouble cast evasion heal yourself up and get back to bashing
This is false. Your karma affects the duration of enemy of one and consecrate weapon. I know on my vamp form samurai, at glorious lady, enemy of one lasts 210 seconds at 65 chivalry. On my wraith form samurai at 65 chivalry my enemy of one lasts about a minute, maybe a minute and a half. I have negative karma, or at least very low positive. And the stay away from divine fury advice isn't that useful. The stamina refill is more important than keeping your defense chance.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've even used a plain old Paladin to Solo the DF. Now that they've toned down the BO's you can hit him with 150+ with a Demon Slayer. An Archer has an easier time of it, but my Swordsman did fine. It took about 15 minutes.

For a Dreadhorn, it takes a Sampire Archer template. I haven't done it in months, but it worked last time I tried it.

S

Sunchicken

I prefer mace sampires.
i have more of a problem killing irk than dreadhorn

Same template listed and i use a quarter staff

C

Corrupted Goblin

This is false. Your karma affects the duration of enemy of one and consecrate weapon. I know on my vamp form samurai, at glorious lady, enemy of one lasts 210 seconds at 65 chivalry. On my wraith form samurai at 65 chivalry my enemy of one lasts about a minute, maybe a minute and a half. I have negative karma, or at least very low positive. And the stay away from divine fury advice isn't that useful. The stamina refill is more important than keeping your defense chance.
Your Karmah and your Chivalry affect your duration. I am not wrong on this look up the formula yourself it does involve chivalry. And keeping stamina pots on you and a 1 handed weapon to switch to if you need stam is the better choice you lose only 5% parry chance as apose to 10-15% defense chance.

now BOW DOWN:bowdown:

B

Baghdaddy1

Look in the warrior profession boards and you will see an old post I made that outlines how to accomplish this easy feat. The post is old but I guarentee you that the tactics still work flawlessly. enjoy

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Your Karmah and your Chivalry affect your duration. I am not wrong on this look up the formula yourself it does involve chivalry. And keeping stamina pots on you and a 1 handed weapon to switch to if you need stam is the better choice you lose only 5% parry chance as apose to 10-15% defense chance.

now BOW DOWN:bowdown:
Karma affects it more than chivalry though. And the harder hitting, higher parry chance wep with DCI stacked over 45 and having HLA, using divine fury > 1 handed lighter hitting wep with refresh pots.

C

Corrupted Goblin

this is why you use equiplastweapon in your UO macros you only have the -5% parry for 2 seconds (equip last = 1 sec chug = 1 sec equip last) vs 15-20 seconds of -15% dci? your math is wrong.

its ok to be wrong just take this as a learning exp and gain .1 in UO knowledge.

C

Corrupted Goblin

Karma affects it more than chivalry though. And the harder hitting, higher parry chance wep with DCI stacked over 45 and having HLA, using divine fury > 1 handed lighter hitting wep with refresh pots.
I did a ton of research before i started shooting out the mouth. My set up is supreme please do yours since you have already been proven wrong once. Dont give people WRONG advice. and continue to reinforce it with worse advice.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have heard of templates that can solo dreadhorn and darkfathers (probably not the same temp though). Does anyone know what these temps are and how to use them? I would like to give it a try.

Look into the template that Jeremy is going to "kick in the nutz". Sampire.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did a ton of research before i started shooting out the mouth. My set up is supreme please do yours since you have already been proven wrong once. Dont give people WRONG advice. and continue to reinforce it with worse advice.
lol 6/10 for the trolling, try harder next time plz.

Thing is, there is almost no wrong advice. It depends on the player. I told him what I do, you told him what you do. And a ton of research is unnecessary, I just took about 2 minutes, cast enemy of one on all 3 of my dexers. All are at 65 chivalry.

Glorious Lady = 210 seconds
Infamous = 160 seconds
Admirable = 170 seconds

Not a major difference. But it's still a difference. What exactly was I proven wrong on? And fine, you asked to see my character's template and suit:

120 swords
120 bushido
120 tactics
120 anatomy
100 healing (will sometimes drop and soulstone on 120 parry)
65 chivalry
40 parry
35 necro
120 strength
125 dexterity
10 intelligence

Mace and shields
Jackal's Collar
Heart of the Lion
Fey Leggings
Essence of Battle or ring with 6 dex, 14 defense chance, 25 enhance potions
Bracelet with 5 dex, 11 defense chance increase, 15 enhance potions
High resist gloves and sleeves
Quiver of Infinity
Crimson Cincture
Primer on Arms

That adds up to 65 defense chance if I use the ring listed. See, using my set up, I can use divine fury and still come out with 45 defense chance. No penalty. Again, not proven wrong on using divine fury.

Rune Blade
45 hit mana leech
44 hit stamina leech
42 hit lower defense
30 swing speed increase

Rune Blade
44 hit magic arrow
47 hit mana leech
44 hit lower attack
25 swing speed increase

I also have a wraith samurai, use the same suit on him out of laziness, macing instead of swords, essence of battle at all times.

Diamond Mace with
51 hit mana leech
14 defense chance increase
25 swing speed increase
47 damage increase

In the process of finishing a 3rd warrior, another vamp form samurai, swordsman. Different template that I'll keep to myself for now. Same suit again.

Addition: let's stop the arguing. Don't want to see another thread locked due to flaming.