• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Solo Tamer

Valkyrie

Visitor
I have soooooo many questions as a tamer.
i have ONLY tried Cu Sidhe's, i have no idea about any other pets, any suggestions please for other pets and their uses/
i have made in the past an Ai with Conductive blast... is was worthless, it kept losing mana too fast due to bleed and no AoE.
I mainly go out and solo.
I would like to have a pet which is awesome for general use when i go solo'ing.
My tamer build is:
95 vet (+5 jewels)
120 lore
105 taming (+15 jewels)
120 music
55 magery (+30 jewels)(+9 spellbook)
120 Spellweaving
105 disco (+15 jewels) (can switch for provo and equip the same jewel with +15 provo for when i do not solo, if i can use it for solo, tell me when i could.

I recently found out i can use bladeweave to remove the cu bleed, been told i cannot add Ai, planning on adding Spellweaving on it and another ability, do not know what.
Any suggestions please on what to do. i would like to just solo stuff very fast and easily and my past pets were failures.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i have ONLY tried Cu...
I would like to have a pet which is awesome for general use when i go solo'ing.... i would like to just solo stuff very fast and easily and my past pets were failures.
Isn't that what everyone wants... something to solo with fast and easily?

My advice to you, go tame and train something else, lots of something elses. One pet isn't going to be the be all end all of a tamer, you need multiple. Take the time to see how other pets act, especially how they synergize with your template.

What might work awesome for me, you might find doesn't meet your needs.

Experiment and have fun.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good morning Valkyrie , There are many fine builds out there... with your temp I would give one of these 3 pets a shot... Ai,chiv, lesser hiryu(great single target burst can solo most boss in the game easily), Ai,Rc,Poison Giant Beetle(very strong single target has a pack that can hold 1600 stones for farming weakens the resist of what its fighting/debuffs for group fun), and exp goo,Ai,rc,poison fire beetle(strong single target, great aoe, debuffs the target,uses fire instead of phy damage). There are many other pets and build I think ya would like but these three are members of the super mana regen family and gain mana back 4-5 times faster then a cu... so their up time and sustain damage is amazing... if you like I have fully trained version of each and would not mind making a copy of each on test for you to try out.. hope this helps.. let me know if ya would like to test drive them =^-^=

Valkyrie

Visitor
if you like I have fully trained version of each and would not mind making a copy of each on test for you to try out.. hope this helps.. let me know if ya would like to test drive them =^-^=
Meet me at New Haven stables in TC1, NOW!
Would love to talk to you =^-^=

Last edited:

Night

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Meet me at New Haven stables in TC1, NOW!
Would love to talk to you =^-^=
Give the Mystic Cu + Bladeweave a try on TC, I really like it as a general purpose pet. BW still removes Bleed afaik.

It's useful to train it without Myst for a while to get the Bush/Ninjitsu raised to decent levels.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My AI/Chiv Cu rocks on most boss's and mobs. Does great at the roof...

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Personally I find the disco/spellweaving combo to be really effective, but gets the best synergy when the pet had disco and the player has spellweaving:

Both skills require 120 skill points on the pet, but disco requires 240 on a player... so you free up 120 skill points on the player template: Advantage player spellweaving.
The timing of spells makes a huge difference, but can’t be controlled when the pet is casting them: Advantage player spellweaving.
SDI makes a huge difference for WOD, but pets have to waste a ton of stats into Intel to raise pet SDI and it’s still not as good as a nice SDI suit: Advantage player spellweaving.
Once a pet discord’s a mob, it will quite trying leaving all of its focus/mana usage for other specials: Advantage player spellweaving.

It does mean that the player still has to get a focus and you lose the slayer instrument success bonus for disco, but overall I think it’s still a way better setup.