• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Solo Roleplaying

Windarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Does anyone else role play...all by themselves? I don't mean using language necessarily. I don't really interact with anyone in the game anymore...or at least very rarely. And yet, my name, clothing/gear, displayed titles, virtues, skill set, and play-style are all pretty focused on role playing. I even have a one person guild just so I can have a custom guild title that fits the fiction. I'm currently training Spirit Speak as part of the character's role and I do it in graveyards...because that's where one would get the most opportunities to speak with the dead.

My main is a druid/monk. The skill set is:
  • 120 Meditation
  • 120 Eval. Intelligence
  • 120 Music
  • 120 Provoke
  • 120 Spirit Speak
  • 120 Magery
As for role playing a druid, the only thing missing from this would be Animal Lore but I feel like the scholarly pursuits related to Eval. Intelligence must have included natural science.

I know this isn't weird...but is it common?

Groo

Journeyman
Yes.
I returned about 2 yeas ago, and i too do not interact with others often (playing off times)
I played a lot off D&D and my Chars are all playing a role.
Even my Sampire is something like Erlric of Melnibone (in my mind)

Ghost of Gramps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone else role play...all by themselves? I don't mean using language necessarily. I don't really interact with anyone in the game anymore...or at least very rarely. And yet, my name, clothing/gear, displayed titles, virtues, skill set, and play-style are all pretty focused on role playing. I even have a one person guild just so I can have a custom guild title that fits the fiction. I'm currently training Spirit Speak as part of the character's role and I do it in graveyards...because that's where one would get the most opportunities to speak with the dead.

• 120 Meditation
  • 120 Eval. Intelligence
  • 120 Music
  • 120 Provoke
  • 120 Spirit Speak
  • 120 Magery
As for role playing a druid, the only thing missing from this would be Animal Lore but I feel like the scholarly pursuits related to Eval. Intelligence must have included natural science.

The title of this thread caught my interest right away. I am going to watch and see how this develops.

John Knighthawke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Yes this happens. A lot. One doesn't need an RP community to try to interact with the game world as a character instead of yourself as a player. And, at a basic level, that's all that RolePlaying is. (That's how people say they RolePlay in single-player games.)

Miretar

Journeyman
Both my husband & I did when we played & will do so again when we start playing soon. Each character had a story. All of our main houses were carefully designed & decorated to reflect our characters’ interests. The decoration was carefully composed and chosen so that each place looked like a home. My specialty was garden design.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

• 120 Meditation
  • 120 Eval. Intelligence
  • 120 Music
  • 120 Provoke
  • 120 Spirit Speak
  • 120 Magery

Yup. Not as deeply as I did in my Muck and other worlds before UO. But I have developed characters that fulfill roles in my "storyline".

Arcanis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yup I have a monk character too with its own guild on Atlantic "Order of the Monk" Overhead abbrev.. OOOM
Think Cadfael monk from the British tv series.

Forensics
Tracking
Cooking
Healing
Anatomy
Alchemy
Spirit Speak
Some magery but no Eval... just for recall, Gheal & GCure and Fireball for snakes and bats.

City loyalty to Yew
Mount of choice: Llama
On Occasion goes to Fel yew moongate to with a full Keg of Holy Water spirits and targets the reds and to try to save souls until they blow him up...lol

He Makes Monksfoot wine and communicates by dropping books & return runes with questions in peoples mailboxes or posting on bulletin boards in Tram

And for all those will Mailboxes out there, if you want people to put stuff in them and still NOT be able to take stuff out,
set the security of the mailboxes themselves to Co-owners. otherwise the general public cant put stuff in them.