• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Solo level 6 maps

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My t-hunter is almost finished..(mining,carto,lock done)
Now i just need to decide what kind of t-hunter i should make.Im looking at 2 templates..
Either mystic or tamer t-hunter..
How well does a tamer perform vs mystic t-hunter ?
What template would you experienced t-hunters suggest ??

Alow

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I have a spellweaving/Mage thunter and I can solo level 6 maps in all facets except trammel and felucca because of the ancient wyrms. They take too long and if I get more than 1... It's rough.

I've had a few tamers help me. They seem to manage just fine so I suspect that template would be easier to solo them with.

Although I have to say I had 3 tamers with GD help me with a level 7 map in Tokuno once and we had so many guardians so we ALL died.. So you will need help from time to time.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I can solo most level 6s with a Chiv Melee T-Hunter (no bushido), though AWs can be slow going.

Location, rather than the spawn, can REALLY slow down ANY LEVEL of map in Tokuno, regardless of the template (From experience, a level 6 in the middle of the Rune Beetle/Evil mage spawn west of the Sleeping Dragon is insanely hard, even with help)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about a bard/Mage or Bard/Mystic treasure hunter ?
Killing the last foe would be a pain but provoking could help reduce the starting guardians...

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I solo all maps in all lands with relatively little trouble. The only time I have to work hard is when mobs are throwing flesh elementals and liches at me that cannot be dispelled. I can take care of them by stoning mining for fencing, but the mining bonus keeps me just dealing with it. This is the build: 120 mysticisim, 120 focus, 115 magery, 100 cartography, 100 mining, 100 lockpicking. The build would be more effective if I did not have real skills totaling 655. I could jewel up and add some fencing or swords, but the added effort is not worth it. The tactic is to find the location, drop an RC just before the chest appears, back off and invis till the spawn is gone. Then lockpick till open, back off and telekinisis. Loot the chest, being ready to drop an RC if some spawn shows. This works real good. The key to hunting if the spawn casts liches or fleshies is to be quick on the invis.

I used to play with a provo bard. That was pretty effective. The downside was that it was much slower than the mystic build, and I had trouble incorporating mining.

Mining is crucial for me. I can run up to a map location and usually find the place to dig in under a minute. Without mining there were times I could spend 5 to 10 minutes digging away.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use:
Disco
Music
Mystic
Mage
Focus
(switch skills mining, lockpicking, cartography). I have each skill stoned and switch them out as needed.
I also can switch out 120 Taming and Lore for Mystic and Focus.

I've solo'd every level map with ease, on each shard. I usually do level 4's and just cast unlock, with 120 magery it does the trick.
For the higher level maps I prefer taming a lore, I tell my dragon to stay a few screen away while I dig the chest. Once the guardians spawn I disco the higher level ones and lure them to my pet. Then I mark a rune once the guardians are killed and looted, and recall to my house and stone off mining for lockpicking. I'll be glad to give you a demo of a level six, create a character on Lake Austin and send me a message on ICQ 57206514. If I actually get a level 7 map during our level six demo, I'll take you on that hunt as well.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I solo all maps with my tamer/t-hunter. Frost Dragons can be time consuming due to their cold area damage but they are doable. Ancient Wyrms aren't a problem unless they do the fly away right before dying. When my greater is out of mana and the aw is flying, can be a bit slower.

110 taming
110 lore
110 vet
100 magery
100 cart
100 lp
rest is focus though I am thinking about going med.

My suit is 100 LRC 40 LMC with mana regen so I can cast heals if needed and not worry much about mana.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all, after a bit delay i finished my t-hunter. I ended up using a tamer t-hunter
Template is like this.
100 lock
100 carto
100 mine
110 tame
110 lore
100 Magry
060 vet (80++ with juwels)
040 medi (60++ with juwels)

My experience so far.
Soloing level 6 maps in tokuno is by far the easiset, unless there is a alot of "native" spawn.
Soloing level 6 maps in iish is a pain, since you have to walk alot to get to the spot.(can imagine that a flying garg would be nice here)
Soloing level 6 maps in trammel/felluca, can be a pain if there is too many Ancient wyrms.
I haven't tried any maps in Ter-mur, because i can't get uoam to work nor uocarto for ter mur.
I found out that using teleport, was alot easiere than invis, when you dig the chest

Pirate robert, when do you use mystic, and when do you use tamer ? (Assuming you swap skills)
And what is the difference between the two ?

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use
100 Carto
100 lockpick
100(120) Magery - from jewels.
100 Mining
120 mystic
120 focus(+20 from jewels)

can solo all fcets with relative ease but again native spawn is a big factor. I hate Ilsh maps for this reason as a bunch of para creatures running around can make things tough.

I find map, dig up and invis as it pops. Cast RC (these kick a lot of butt with 120/120 and don'r get dispelled often) repeat this till all spawn dead. I also carry a dragon slyer / repond slayer / deaon slayer spell book. I am running a 2800 luck suit and have SDI in my jewels. For the AW's while RC is clobbering it I pound it with spells (making sure I am ready to cast the next RC as it drops. This speeds things up a fair bit. Even with no eval int with a slayer spellbook you can kick out some OK damage against them. Handy for the "i'm dead fly off" that they like to do.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do all T-maps with my sampire. Works very well, AW´s are no problem at all

Template is:

120 Sword
120 Bushido
120 Chiv
100 Tactics
100 Lockpicking
100 Nekro