• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Solo/Duo PVP Template publish 71

I

illis

Hello everyone,

I havent played for very long and just reactivated my account few days ago
after hours of reading forums im still not sure what to create from my current :

120 magery
120 evalute
100 resist ( going 120 )
100 medit
100 wrestling

i am looking for good solo/duo pvp mage template
preferable not that many hotkeys to smash~~

was thinking ( due to new publish ) to maybe go Poisoning and stay with just magery ( no mystic/necro/weave at all )

Please some advices!

thanks

I

illis

120 mag
120 resist
120 evalute
100 anatomy
100 poison
120 medit

would that work?
Please comments welcome ~~

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 mag
120 resist
120 evalute
100 anatomy
100 poison
120 medit

would that work?
Please comments welcome ~~
yes that would work..

I would try
120mage
120eval
100anat
100nox
100scribe/alchemy
60med

Use the orc brute tali, get 7 anat and 5 resist spell points, and put skill on a ring to get your meditation up higher. Scribe adds magic reflection,and the 10 more SDI for 40. Alchemy is sorta situational, and with how poison is working right now it doesn't matter if you have 80EP or 0EP it takes a ton of cures...but conflags make dexxers run away, get big heals, and can chuck purple potions.

I guess you could try parry also, but you need 80 dex.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes that would work..

Use the orc brute tali, get 7 anat and 5 resist spell points, and put skill on a ring to get your meditation up higher.
I thought orc brute only got a chance to hit when you connect with melee? If that is true, he'd be better off with wrestling than anat.

V

Vaneca

Works just fine with anatomy.
Just tried it a couple of days ago. Dont even know why =)

I thought orc brute only got a chance to hit when you connect with melee? If that is true, he'd be better off with wrestling than anat.

I

illis

yes that would work..

I would try
120mage
120eval
100anat
100nox
100scribe/alchemy
60med

Use the orc brute tali, get 7 anat and 5 resist spell points, and put skill on a ring to get your meditation up higher. Scribe adds magic reflection,and the 10 more SDI for 40. Alchemy is sorta situational, and with how poison is working right now it doesn't matter if you have 80EP or 0EP it takes a ton of cures...but conflags make dexxers run away, get big heals, and can chuck purple potions.

I guess you could try parry also, but you need 80 dex.
you forgot resist or resist takes a place of either scribe OR alchemy?

what difference between eval + anat and just going wrestling instead of anat?
About parry - how would template looks like then?

I

illis

Lynk could you please explain why wrestling then?
i kind of lost about all combinations of parry/anatomy(with eval)/wrestling
what combination gives what ( except that wrestling gives stunning blow and disarm )

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had resist worked in, if you add the numbers up it works, I forgot to list it .

120mage
120eval
120resist
100anat
100nox
100scribe OR alchemy OR what ever you want...lol
60med

Reason eval and anat is "better" then wrestle is because on a temp like this those 20 points mean something. I don't find that I disarm or stun punch enough with wrestle and I never have dex or HCI so I go anat. It is the same thing minus the specials tho, 120wrestle defense= eval+anat=220. If you can run 40 med then go wrestle, I can't run 40 med, I have a hard time with 60, so the reason I say Orc Brute is for the extra skill points mixed with a ring to get higher med, or mayb higher on that 2nd gm skill..example of parry being 100 you would want to boost it to 120. The Orc Brute really won't hit things without a weapon skill because he chance to hit seems to be a random swing when you hit.. and with just anatomy you won't hit often..so it really doesn't do much offensivly but people tend to get nervous when you summon it and it will stam block. I guess you could use a +5 mage talismen too.. mayb it's just something I do..lol. Anyways the idea of the Orc Brute talismen is for the skill points not really for offense...and it looks cool.

The temp is just base skills too, add in +5 resist and +7 anat and +10/15 skill on a ring and you can get a little more out of the template..as in 80 med vs 60 which for a solo/small group player can mean a lot. You could go with the +5 mage tali, mostly for the EP, but Orc Brute gives a less intensity ring.. not sure which works out best after imbuing..anyways

...adjusted template..

120mage
120eval
120resist
100anat
100scribe/alchemy/parry what ever you want
100nox
87med

I like this temp because I can change what I want to do everyday. I feel like chucking purple potions today? Throw alchemy on. Feel like not getting hit..throw parry on, adjust dex and go tank. Want to get away from the dismount...throw ninja on. Etc, Etc.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh I just feel I should add that while a 6x120 wrestle scribe mage is the classic pure mage and will work fine, I prefer to go a little tighter on the template to maximize the offense/defense, it's really important when you fight 1 or 2 people against 4+ everytime. Also this particular set up is to maximize the new SDI rules, but it has a lot of options to change things around. Main idea tho is 120 med is a waste when you can have 60+ med and an additional skill. IF you play smart it is not an issue, if you flamestrike 6-8 times in a row..well you won't ever win so it doesn't matter...

...I take that back..you can win with just flamestrikes.. but you have to know when to do it.. and it's rare.

I

illis

I had resist worked in, if you add the numbers up it works, I forgot to list it .

120mage
120eval
120resist
100anat
100nox
100scribe OR alchemy OR what ever you want...lol
60med

Reason eval and anat is "better" then wrestle is because on a temp like this those 20 points mean something. I don't find that I disarm or stun punch enough with wrestle and I never have dex or HCI so I go anat. It is the same thing minus the specials tho, 120wrestle defense= eval+anat=220. If you can run 40 med then go wrestle, I can't run 40 med, I have a hard time with 60, so the reason I say Orc Brute is for the extra skill points mixed with a ring to get higher med, or mayb higher on that 2nd gm skill..example of parry being 100 you would want to boost it to 120. The Orc Brute really won't hit things without a weapon skill because he chance to hit seems to be a random swing when you hit.. and with just anatomy you won't hit often..so it really doesn't do much offensivly but people tend to get nervous when you summon it and it will stam block. I guess you could use a +5 mage talismen too.. mayb it's just something I do..lol. Anyways the idea of the Orc Brute talismen is for the skill points not really for offense...and it looks cool.

The temp is just base skills too, add in +5 resist and +7 anat and +10/15 skill on a ring and you can get a little more out of the template..as in 80 med vs 60 which for a solo/small group player can mean a lot. You could go with the +5 mage tali, mostly for the EP, but Orc Brute gives a less intensity ring.. not sure which works out best after imbuing..anyways

...adjusted template..

120mage
120eval
120resist
100anat
100scribe/alchemy/parry what ever you want
100nox
87med

I like this temp because I can change what I want to do everyday. I feel like chucking purple potions today? Throw alchemy on. Feel like not getting hit..throw parry on, adjust dex and go tank. Want to get away from the dismount...throw ninja on. Etc, Etc.
Thanks a lot if will just go what you suggested;)
Just not sure if poison to 100 will be doable for me so in worse case i go insript + ninjutsu i guess and bit higher med:
120 mag
120 eval
120 resist
100 anat

and then
way 1: 100 poison , 100 scribe , rest medi
way 2 : 100 poison , 80 ninjutsu , rest medi
way 3 : 100 scribe , 80 ninjutsu , rest medi

could you plz list exact items i shall use for that ?
( im to newbish yet to decide on my own ~~ )

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks a lot if will just go what you suggested;)
Just not sure if poison to 100 will be doable for me so in worse case i go insript + ninjutsu i guess and bit higher med:
120 mag
120 eval
120 resist
100 anat

and then
way 1: 100 poison , 100 scribe , rest medi
way 2 : 100 poison , 80 ninjutsu , rest medi
way 3 : 100 scribe , 80 ninjutsu , rest medi

could you plz list exact items i shall use for that ?
( im to newbish yet to decide on my own ~~ )

Check to see if you can get the higher sdi bonus with ninja on a temp.. I don't think you can but I am not sure.

for items, uhm i'm not the best at this I run odd suits, but I would say for pure mage you need the 30sdi,50ep,40lmc,100lrc,45+dci,25hpi,and lots and lots of mr.

Specific items, LT sash is always great, the mr2 5dci robe, crimson or tangle, 4 intel boots, and well the rest is up to you. With imbue you can make a suit with what ever you want..

If you don't use a book, use the Lights Rampart shield it has monster resist and 20DCI with no -1. Best shield in game for a mage.

And I suggest the Grammar of Orcish talismen, summons an orc brute but most important is the skill points, it could let you get up to around 80 med or 120 an additional skill if you put skill on a ring also. Don't expect a lot of offense out of the orc brute tho, you rarely will get a hit in, but it can sometimes punch someone randomly.

I

illis

Check to see if you can get the higher sdi bonus with ninja on a temp.. I don't think you can but I am not sure.

for items, uhm i'm not the best at this I run odd suits, but I would say for pure mage you need the 30sdi,50ep,40lmc,100lrc,45+dci,25hpi,and lots and lots of mr.

Specific items, LT sash is always great, the mr2 5dci robe, crimson or tangle, 4 intel boots, and well the rest is up to you. With imbue you can make a suit with what ever you want..

If you don't use a book, use the Lights Rampart shield it has monster resist and 20DCI with no -1. Best shield in game for a mage.

And I suggest the Grammar of Orcish talismen, summons an orc brute but most important is the skill points, it could let you get up to around 80 med or 120 an additional skill if you put skill on a ring also. Don't expect a lot of offense out of the orc brute tho, you rarely will get a hit in, but it can sometimes punch someone randomly.
Yes you are right ninjutsu will not be in or i lose new SDI bonus..

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The nox scribe has been around for a long time for a reason.. it works.. and with the new changes to poisoning I would try it out. I like the alchemy scribe but that isn't the best template, just more of one I enjoy because I love chucking potions at people. You can gm alchemy very fast tho.. so that is a huge plus vs poisoning. You can train poisoning pretty quickly, grab a dexxer, preferably one who needs to finish out a weapon skill or tactics and hit the painted caves. Keep pumping poison into the trogs and then make a macro with UOA and repoison your weapon as soon as you can. It goes up faster then the old poison a fishsteak for hours and hours..and hours..and hours..

Parry is nice also, I suggest going to 120 on it, but remember you need 80 dex (87 I think to counter curse).

good luck! :D

I

illis

The nox scribe has been around for a long time for a reason.. it works.. and with the new changes to poisoning I would try it out. I like the alchemy scribe but that isn't the best template, just more of one I enjoy because I love chucking potions at people. You can gm alchemy very fast tho.. so that is a huge plus vs poisoning. You can train poisoning pretty quickly, grab a dexxer, preferably one who needs to finish out a weapon skill or tactics and hit the painted caves. Keep pumping poison into the trogs and then make a macro with UOA and repoison your weapon as soon as you can. It goes up faster then the old poison a fishsteak for hours and hours..and hours..and hours..

Parry is nice also, I suggest going to 120 on it, but remember you need 80 dex (87 I think to counter curse).

good luck! :D
Heh , problem with parry as that i cant understand how to do damage then with that low mana left :p
will have to keep poisoning ppl till lethal procs and then finish off ?
still cant decide about wrestling or anatomy+EI ;/ disarm and stun might be good sometimes