• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Socketed Weapons

• Thread starter imported_Edward The Less
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Edward The Less

The expansion will be comeing out soon and so will socketed weapons. I got to thinking that with the ability to set the stats on a weapon that you might see a Warrior running around fighting with a staff that is just as good as and axe or sword.

Do you think this will be possable?

I

imported_Kalibek

Generally staves endgame have really low dps so the caster stats can be boosted higher. This means their dps will always be lacking compared to other 2h weapons. Also, there is no stave/staff specialization, so an ms warrior is gimping himself. And fury is dps dependant, so a caster staff wouldn't be ideal.

But, I do remember when I used to do alterac valley with the Dreadmist Mask and used a staff so people thought I was a warlock. Then I popped on my reaper can killed them...ahh memories