• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

so

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
with all the proactive stuff can we get rid of books advertising a search site at every corner of game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

no kidding...[censored] it's annoying. Too many to even retype HACKME.com in them.

I

imported_Spiritless

If you're implying these sites are in some way malicious, they're not. They're actually quite useful. They provide a feature that should probably exist within the game, frankly.

I don't really see how hard it is to ignore the books, or why they cause a problem for some people. Don't like the site? Don't use it. Don't like the books? Ignore them. It really isn't difficult.

People have been advertising by dropping stuff on the floor for years. You see more recall runes to random vendors on the floor than books. I find most of those annoying, but I simply walk past them.

I

imported_spiderpig

Isnt advertising websites in game against the RoC?

I do agree - both sites are very useful and use them both but I do wish they would cut down the amount of books dropped.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
sites are useful, but see that info used, is gathered by non normal methods and also books,are delivered across the many lands are also if was ever a crack down up 3 rd 4th party helpers thing the most blatant should go first!!!!!! and maybe uo should open run there own search system

J

Jhym

Yes, Jeremy has said advertising external web sites in game is against the rules.

G

<blockquote><hr>

provide a feature that should probably exist within the game, frankly.

[/ QUOTE ]
but them the merchants would cry...

I

imported_Spiritless

Au contraire, mon ami.

It would give people the opportunity, regardless of their in-game geographical location, to run competitive vendors. Right now the market is pretty much focused on Luna because it's easiest to find stuff there. A search would open up a lot more possibilities for people who cannot afford a 300m+ "prime" location, but who would be able to offer competitive prices on their wares from their small shop in the far north of Britain, for instance. Maybe it'd even make Felucca-based vendors viable too; it'd add another element of whether you were willing to potentially take a risk to get to a vendor with cheap goods...or something like that. =P

Maybe the Luna crew would cry because they couldn't set the prices any more. I'll leave it up to you to decide whether that's a good or bad thing.

G

I agree with the above poster. Right now it is Luna Only. If they can make it for 1 part of the map, they can make it for all of the map.

G

There are alot of things in this game that are illegal. I have a perfect example, a few years ago when I started exploring the game I was on my boyfriends {ex now} account, someone made me angry so I repediatly called this person a not so nice word, blam.. 36 hour ban.
Over the last week a certain person has been calling me the N word, over and over so I page and he is still in this game, day after day. Its pointless to even page and people know it so why not do illegal things?

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

If you're implying these sites are in some way malicious, they're not. They're actually quite useful. They provide a feature that should probably exist within the game, frankly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shhh. Don't tell people.

Its nice for folks not to know.

I like sitting at WBB and seeing someone say 'buying charger 6 mil'. I hit the search site, find one on a vendor for 5 - buy it and sell for 6 mil.

UO should have this built in as a feature. Its sad that some people in their 'free' time are able to code a site 10x more useful than anything EA has come up with in 10+ years and they have FULL access to their database of items.

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

I like sitting at WBB and seeing someone say 'buying charger 6 mil'. I hit the search site, find one on a vendor for 5 - buy it and sell for 6 mil.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhh ... now I get it!

You Do Want it:

I WAS thinking you were complaining ...

Thanks for clearing that up

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I agree with the above poster. Right now it is Luna Only. If they can make it for 1 part of the map, they can make it for all of the map.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. They are starting to put non Luna vendors on the site now. It's the coolness. The only ones I've seen so far were Malas but I'm pretty sure they are expanding to all facets.

But yea, UO should have had something like this long long ago. I remember SWG has market...thingys...lol....I forget their name. But you could browse vendors all over the place, buy an item, then go pick it up later. Too cool.