• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So, You/We, think you can tell a better story in game? Show us.

G

Hail, story tellers of UO. Here is your/our chance to prove it. Take the events, and situation of the game we are at NOW, and project it forward, with a story, and how it would actually play out in the game, over the next few months/years if you want.

A lot of us, Me included, think we could have done it better. But my time machine broke down last week, so we are stuck with doing it better from now on. Use the weekend, and think, and write it up. Then post it here. Deadline is at midnight pst monday april 7th.

We will then vote for a winner, and they get somekind of ingame award, or item or something. I will provide that reward, even if i have to spend real $$$ to get it. So, put those story caps on. Yes, i am partisipating also, and i have already voted for myself....hehehe, I am Winning..........Weeeeeee.

Really. Do it.

G

I hate to nitpick, and I would love to see the writers of Ultima Online pick up their pens and come up with a good storyline based on what we have seen over the past few months, but the statement you made here absolutely bothers me...

<blockquote><hr>

A lot of us, Me included, think we could have done it better.

[/ QUOTE ]

The last time I checked, none of us have actually seen the storyline. We known what has happened over the past year - and I certainly agree that the complete vagueness and extrordinary amount of time between pieces of the event can be frustrating - but why are we ripping on Draconi and the developers, when they are recovering from having to delay Stygian Abyss, the fallout from Kingdom Reborn, and the move?

This could turn out to be a totally spectacular storyline for all we know, but instead we have to rip on the developers and pick at them while they are already down. Why don't we try encouraging them to do a good job and thank them for the fact that they are actually trying to give us events -based- on the lore (it certainly beats the elves of Mondains Legacy and the robots from Lord Blackthornes Revenge, along with his chessy demise to get him out of the way). Why don't we give them the bloody chance to get this storyline moving in the first place?