• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So why is there not a Vanguard Stratics fansite/portal/forum?

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know there can't be a Stratics fansite for every game, but this is a really good game that is 1000 times better now than it was at launch. It could really use a niche here. ;)

S

Shari

There was/is but it was on Central stratics last time I knew.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was/is but it was on Central stratics last time I knew.
Hrm, I couldn't find anything Vanguard related, but I don't remember if I checked central. I think I tried the forum drop downs and the main uo stratics site for related portals/sites. I'll go look in a bit.

E

Eldorian

I think we had one but it closed down and was archived due to not having any staff to run it.

D

Dor of Sonoma

I know there can't be a Stratics fansite for every game, but this is a really good game that is 1000 times better now than it was at launch. It could really use a niche here. ;)
*thinks that Sarsmi should reopen the Vanguard site* :D

*skeedaddles before she gets smacked*

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Holy Nudity! :thumbup:

Those mounts are definitely unique, and I dig them!

The thing that strikes me the most is that not only can you ride them, but you can also eat those buggers as well! Low on provisions? NO BLINKIN' PROBLEM, let's cook up some mounts!

The boar mount. Take that bad boy, dig a pit in the ground, stick an apple in an orifice (your choice of orifice, of course), let the boar cook in the sand-covered pit, and BAM! instant luau. Let's break out the poi!

The scorpion/crustacean mount. Get an industrial-sized pot, a monolithic bonfire, a huge cauldron of drawn butter, some potato-lovin', and we have the makings of a romantic dinner for your very own harem. I'd say this is enough to feed between 10-24 folks within the harem, no problems.

Ah, good times, good times...

Back on topic, I really hope that the information on any and all forums is retrieved (if any was lost) because it'd be a shame to lose the information contributed by the community and give credit where credit's due; however, it's always possible to start from scratch. I guess time and alcoholic beverages will tell how that information will fare, hopefully retrieved and intact.

It would also be great to have a temporary forum via Stratics for the Vanguard community. If anything, it's a great way to keep in touch and exchange thoughts and information with friends and acquaintences whom we've met via Vanguard, Ultima Online, EVE, et. al. Solidarity via Nudity is my motto, and we can achieve this here, at Stratics. VIVA NUDITY! VIVA NUDITY!

Speaking for my semi-intoxicated self, and in a bizarre yet kosher way, Stratics had become a constant. Great community, very informative and knowledgeable, extremely hilarious, and for want of a better word, it's been solid. It's like passing by a local store that's been there forever and a day or going through a routine that you've done for years. That "constant" that everyone has in Life, be it good or bad.

A myriad of people have posted on Stratics for years, and that says a lot, atleast to me. I totally forgot what I was going to say now. Oh yes, I'm all for a Vanguard temporary forum dealy thing-a-ma-bob.

And Sarsmi, your humble abode still kicks arse, and I could've sworn that twenty of your vendors were lookin' at my gluteous. I don't think there's anything wrong with me wearing stirrup-pants that exposes one's buttocks cheeks. I don't enjoy the chaffing, though. :cursing: