• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So Why Is It I Never See....

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This just strikes me odd. My archer uses an ethy mount. As I am forced to run through all the spawn (because its a rush to the mages), I get dismounted a crap ton by all the cross bow wielding mobs, etc. But since this invasion started, I have never seen a tamer get dismounted. We all run through the same spawn. What gives?

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kinda funny you mention it, I've done invasions on both warrior and mage templates.
And for some reason i have never been dismounted on my tamer, but on my warrior i get dismounted all the time.
I have also noticed that on my warrior i sometimes get disarmed, but its a one time thing pr captain, they disarm me one time usually in the beginning of the battle, and then that captain never disarms me again.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This just strikes me odd. My archer uses an ethy mount. As I am forced to run through all the spawn (because its a rush to the mages), I get dismounted a crap ton by all the cross bow wielding mobs, etc. But since this invasion started, I have never seen a tamer get dismounted. We all run through the same spawn. What gives?
Don't think there is anything nefarious going on, I've done many invasions on many different templates and the big difference is most casters/tamers pre-cast invis so they can drop aggro in the blink of an eye. They also cast it when static and scanning for generals etc whilst the average warrior just stands there checking paperdolls and in that time many enemies are targetting said warrior. As soon as you start to ride to the next spot... *poof* dismounted. Even off-screen mobs remain aggroed on warriors if they don't drop aggro, as soon as you ride past those mobs a few minutes later... *poof* dismounted.

So yes, It does appear that warriors get dismounted more often but In my opinion it's because they are never dropping aggro less the few I know that either use Invis pots occasionally or use Honor at the start of the invasion while they hunt for Generals.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have been dismounted many times by the archers.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't think there is anything nefarious going on, I've done many invasions on many different templates and the big difference is most casters/tamers pre-cast invis so they can drop aggro in the blink of an eye. They also cast it when static and scanning for generals etc whilst the average warrior just stands there checking paperdolls and in that time many enemies are targetting said warrior. As soon as you start to ride to the next spot... *poof* dismounted. Even off-screen mobs remain aggroed on warriors if they don't drop aggro, as soon as you ride past those mobs a few minutes later... *poof* dismounted.

So yes, It does appear that warriors get dismounted more often but In my opinion it's because they are never dropping aggro less the few I know that either use Invis pots occasionally or use Honor at the start of the invasion while they hunt for Generals.
A lot of this makes sense. I have used over 500 invis potions so far during this invasion. They are a poor substitute for the spell. I have always felt one of the worst things about UO combat was the simplistic and very primitive aggro system. It is so broken compared to better coded MMO's. It is also frustrating as hell during the invasion. They turned up the aggro "sensitivity" & range to the point that often mobs re-aggro the second you drop invis - it is madness for a potion user. I also get so pissed off when I am on my stealther & a mob follows me around when I am in stealth (because it knows I am there), then attacks me immediately when I break stealth. Or how about when you recall out, come back & there are all the mobs that were chasing you come running to where you are because aggro is still active. Anyway...

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There definitely seems to be some weird bug with the mobs following in stealth and just running around at insane speeds in general. It’s kind of fun because it is different but more it’s just annoying and strange.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Truth be told, On my warriors I ended up ditching Necro/resist in favour of Hiding and just used Life Leech on a weapon for the invasions. Made life sooo much easier just being able to nip round a wall and drop all aggro. Invis potions are hit n miss and can easily be interrupted.

Depending on your initial template the likes of Necro and Resist can easily be dropped for the invasions. If you have the points, 100 Hiding and 50 Ninja is even better, you can just pop smoke and vanish anywhere!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes but are you on your archer tamer? That is still a fighter template of sorts. Maybe the code identifies fighters? Who knows?
No. I take my mage tamer to invasions. They dismount him as he runs around.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I play tamers at the invasions and get dismounted all the time. Just as you may not of 'seen' it doesn't mean it isn't the same for everyone. I havent noticed people on ethy's getting dismounted, maybe because in that 'rush' for mages you are more interested in staying alive and getting back on your mount than what other players are doing or not doing. Also when I get dismounted my pet goes into auto attack mode so to a casual onlooker it could just look like I dismounted to attack when in fact I was dismounted and the pet started attacking. Much more of a pain then getting dismounted off an ethy as you have to get the pet back under control and out of mobs to remount it, unlike just clicking your ethy in your pack.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
my fighter gets dismounted multiple time off one general, depends which and how many others are on me. sometimes I get dismounted 20 times off fighting one group. maybe the tamer/mages don't get dismounted as much is they inv so everything gets on pet or fighters lol. dismount does such when mount dies from wither of lich/lich lord but tamer will rez pet lol.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
my fighter gets dismounted multiple time off one general, depends which and how many others are on me. sometimes I get dismounted 20 times off fighting one group. maybe the tamer/mages don't get dismounted as much is they inv so everything gets on pet or fighters lol. dismount does such when mount dies from wither of lich/lich lord but tamer will rez pet lol.
Exactly. Tamers are usually not on their pet when fighting. We get dismounted when riding around looking for mages or cloaks.