• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So whats up with EAs zero tolerance policy?

• Thread starter imported_dukarlo
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_dukarlo

If EA has a zero tolerance party with cheaters why are the same speedhackers still skipping around despite repeated gm pages? I cant seem to get the GMs to do anyhting but send me a canned message. It seems to me this zero tolerance policy is just a blatant lie by EA. If EA is trying to say these cheats cant be detected should I just start using them to?

B

Babble

You are just imagining things.
All cheaters have been terminated, their credit cards burned and they are blacklisted from any other mmorpg ea will ever do!

Though if some cheater wants to return they will just find a way, especially for a company that lives from getting paid.

Though I have to say EA makes on effort to keep players out with buggy webpages!

I

imported_ElRay

I think EA Mythic has a zero tolerance policy on their zero tolerance policy

W

Winder UO

most of the speedhacks are not possible for EA to recognize so they cant ban anyone as they cant prove it.

G

Well my guess is that they're going after the folks making RL $$ first, then fixes for house placement cheating and I would expect the code and GM fixes for PvP cheats will follow that. If they don't appear from out of nowhere. Anyone who continues to cheat is quite honestly the dumbest of the dumb.

If players keep reporting these cheats, the GMs have more info to help the devs patch in fixes, and they'll realise that this issue isn't going away until action is taken.

Wenchy

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

most of the speedhacks are not possible for EA to recognize so they cant ban anyone as they cant prove it.

[/ QUOTE ]

When tools post self incriminateing screenies that alone shoudl be enough

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

If players keep reporting these cheats, the GMs have more info to help the devs patch in fixes, and they'll realise that this issue isn't going away until action is taken.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just liek it was reported to uo.com already about folks usieng moveing shot with a crossbow, even when a dev is messaged to go see it in action, via ICQ, nothing is done

G

Well the same was said about the folks whose houses burnt.

There have been changes made to address cheating and more are planned. That says to me action is coming. Keep reporting, keep the pressure up and the fixes will come. What you don't want to do is say "nothing will happen" and not make those reports, as said cheats would like you to do.

It also helps to keep the issue visible here, as has been done with the Luna shops.

Wenchy

G

What I don't understand is that I was in the fire beetle cave and I didn't want to run all the way out on foot with my super dragon in tow so I hit the help stuck option and it prompted me to enter a description of the problem so I just put the word stuck and I got a reply from a GM saying that he checked an I was able to freely move so he would not interfere with my game play and teleport me to the town I chose. I have to go on foot and ended up being killed before I got out. Kind of lame they crack down on the use of the stuck option but they do nothing about the pages when it concerns people using scripts and speedhacks.

B

Babble

Some characters are just bugged and cannot use stuck sometimes.

I

imported_herc

<blockquote><hr>

If EA has a zero tolerance party with cheaters why are the same speedhackers still skipping around despite repeated gm pages? I cant seem to get the GMs to do anyhting but send me a canned message. It seems to me this zero tolerance policy is just a blatant lie by EA. If EA is trying to say these cheats cant be detected should I just start using them to?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am of the opinion that EA doesn't have the ability to catch them. Otherwise I think they would.

H

humaofcats

yeah like EA can really afford to terminate their few paying customers. Cheating has if anything been all but encouraged lately.