• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So what solo Pvm does everyone do?

• Thread starter archite666
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

archite666

Any good things out there to do solo?

I mean I do miasma with a tamer, or swoops but thats about it.

I'm just wondering what activitys out there can make you lots of gold or good items and can be done solo.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dreadhorn, Trav when I'm really bored, working on Shimmering and Paroxysmus.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dragons and Greater Dragons in Destard are always fun these days. I use an Archer (training up bushy). It is good for Gold, Gems, Leather, and the very occasional decent item. (Note: not great or uber, just decent)

I also carry a piece Blackrock on me too, for the rare and fun BR infected Greater Dragon. Gotta watch the one breath death though.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Soloing dreadhorn is fun. I wish I could say its profitable but its not.

I would probably say the most profitable way you could spend your time as a single person (not necasserily solo) is in Doom, where theres normally others around. You can go there alone, meet strangers and with the right template get an artie every few rounds.

Every arty currently selling for at least 500k and scaling up from ther makes it more profitable than ever.

Aside from this I would look at farming the first 2 levels of the various champ spawns in fel dungeons for 10th anni drops. You can move from dungeon to dungeon, swapping each time 3rd level hits.. With all 10th anni drops being included after the next phase of the turn in, you will be able to coin it in by farming spawns, and trading in drops... You also get the added excitement of possible PKs this way.... *grins*

Personally, ive never found gold farming to provide anything more than insurance money for my characters. Because of this, i tend not to bother trying with it. I instead look for high end items on the corpse of miazmas, which is probably the easiest thing of that level to kill with the best loot.

That being said, the gamon strong box quest in heartwood provides weapons/jewels/talis etc of a much higher standard than I have ever seen on a miazma, so now, i wouldn't even bother with miazma other than to boost my honour virtue.

Solo lvl6 maps? Nah, did it for a few months when I started back, no cash in it.

Thats all i can think of atm, but hoping to get some undiscovered gems from other posters :D

Mistura

C

CKTC

parox, dreadhorn, shim (long time ago), bedlam (failed bedlam but just havent got my mojo down yet it was only a very slight failure lol) all of doom

yeah i agree about it not being greatly profitable, of all times ive solod probably 100 paroxys and out of that only got 3 crimsons 6 mounts... the crimys covered the cost of building the suit (it was before the doom changes)

swoop tho it doesnt seem to give anything good anymore even in max luck

succubi for working honor uh and what ever event stuff is happening

T

timbeOFbaja

That's all well and good. But I'm a melee paladin. Anything high level for me to solo?

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any good things out there to do solo?

I mean I do miasma with a tamer, or swoops but thats about it.

I'm just wondering what activitys out there can make you lots of gold or good items and can be done solo.
oh, by solo you mean sit there and let your dragon kill things.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I hunt whatever I feel like that isn't overly crowded.... Usually something out of the way ... Of late alot of Vanguards, and things in Anti-virtue dungeons.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Titans and cyclopsses in Despise, or Daemons in Blood Dungeon. Right now i'm often in Hytloth fighting daemons,gazers and gargoyles.

S

Sunrise

Im so old school LoL. I fight Daemons in wind. Mostly in fel.

Alot of times go to ish and fight the jugs and betrayers. Maybe go sneaking around a champ every now and then. Just depends what you are in the mood for. Which is great about this game.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't have a Tamer, or a Sampire, or anything like those, so I actually have fun by playing the game (instead of letting the game play itself).

I typically run around Tram Destard, trying to kill the non-Greater stuff for leather for my tailors, or go to level 4 Hythloth and try to keep the room at the bottom of the steps clear of the 2 deamons, 2 gargs, hell hound and imp (works a little easier on my mage with 2 EVs than my Swords paladin, but can be done with either). Both gets me chances for a 10th anniversary item drop, and I even manage to bring back about 300 spined leather a trip from Hythloth (given that imps only give 6 or 7 per and are only part of half the spawns, that's a LOT of imps and daemons)

Sometimes I'll go to the blighted grove and kill Thrasher - it's a bit of a challenge to stay alive ahead of the big damage hits (while avoiding spawning the dryads), produces about 50 normal leather for my tailor, and is great for fame, Karma and honor gains. When I feel less adventurous, I'll just farm Lesser Hiryu for leather in Tokuno (and the occasional full hiryu). Other options are to go to an Ilshenar champ spawn and work it as far as I can go (gotta love whirlwind attack with a radiant scimitar - or even the Blaze of Death halberd marti)

Lastly, sometimes you can make your own challenges - like having 60 or so fighting skill on a tailor, and collecting leather from Gamans, spined from ratmen, lizardmen & giant serpents (bones from the serps too), and horned from wyverns & drakes. If you get near weight limits, craft away the leather as you fill BODs, staying in the field for hours.

Then there's things like my fighting miner/smith - I purposefully go mining in Ilshenar with Gargoyle Pickaxes to try and get paragon ore elementals. I personally feel I get about as much ingots that way, and with more fun, than risking my neck in Fel (though the character could probably take don most PKs that target miners).

A

Azureal

That being said, the gamon strong box quest in heartwood provides weapons/jewels/talis etc of a much higher standard than I have ever seen on a miazma, so now, i wouldn't even bother with miazma other than to boost my honour virtue.
Who gives out this quest? I had a look at some of the strongbox quests, and couldnt see one that my old school mage/bard (magery/eval/prov/music) would be able to handle solo.

A

Asahina Yajinden

That's all well and good. But I'm a melee paladin. Anything high level for me to solo?
try oni in the tokuno lands, good gold 1500 -2k a pop can be found in lower lvl of fan dancer dojo, or alone on 2 of the tok isle's.
para succ'ys in blood dungeoun good for fame and honor.

A

Adara

Who gives out this quest? I had a look at some of the strongbox quests, and couldnt see one that my old school mage/bard (magery/eval/prov/music) would be able to handle solo.

I too am interested in which quest this is....most of the time im more interested in good loot than i am in gold(do like to try to enhance).

K

K'torr

I too am interested in which quest this is....most of the time im more interested in good loot than i am in gold(do like to try to enhance).

This Quest is given by Lorekeeper Broolol in Heartwood.
You will need the following items.
1xMap fragment - Gotten from killing Red Healers.
20xgaman Horns - Gotten from killing Gamans.
3xMinitor Artifacts - Found DEEP in the Labarynth. They are just sitting on the ground and can be picked up by anyone. But unless you are a stealther, or know a stealther, good luck.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually do it on my samurai. I just use honor to get to the back, then pick up the artifacts until I'm nearly overloaded (leaving the heavy pot). Then I can chain the quest several times.

Then I go back to Miasma to work honor again.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greater Drags, Succubus, Bally's, AW's the occ Para Ancient Wrym (fun there lol), para Lich Lords & our new Vanguards (to me, by far the easiest on my Disco Mage). I have done most of them with 4 types of Chara's switching, Mage/Peacer, Mage/Disco, Tamer & Warriors (Fencer & Archers). Done a couple of the Peers with a friend (just 2 of us) and managed to finish the Dread Horn & Bedlam. Didn't attempt the other 3 yet. Yrs ago soloed a couple of Champs (now that was fun) took awhile but was fun :thumbup1:

F

Finch

I have never done one of these but am game to try, is there a website with some information that has a how to?

A

Adara

I have never done one of these but am game to try, is there a website with some information that has a how to?

I would be interested also on how to solo the peerless too....i remember some post about it before stratics went down.

A

athlon

I would be interested also on how to solo the peerless too....i remember some post about it before stratics went down.
I was the 2nd person on the GL shard to solo DH. I went through so many templates and so much insurance, but it was well worth the reward to finally be able to do it :)

I have not solod him in about a year now - but i made about a quarter of a billion gold the 2 months i did solo him in the beginning. Ingredients and crimsons used to sell for A LOT more than they do now, and each solo it was all mine ;)

I have tweaked my template since, and i would have to say the following template would be best served to solo the DH rather easily:

120 sword
120 bushido
110 parry
110 tactic
80 SS
80 Anatomy
65 chiv
35 necro

- Get 45% HCI, 45% DCI and 100% DI
- Get in Vamp form
- Ride a Swamp Dragon with Exceptional Barding deed on him
- Carry a trapped box to break paralysis
- Use protection spell so your cursed wep never fizzles

* try to get all 70's suit of course, but most important is physical and poison resist. Also make sure to use Mace n Shield glasses because when the HLD goes off, with 120 sword and 45% HCI, you will have 100% chance to hit for 8 seconds.

Objective:

Honor Dreadhorn. That is the most important thing. Make sure you have enemy of 1 up all the time. Use bushido evade when you can. Make sure you always have Cursed Weopon up.

You will see how simple it is to drop DH with this template. You basically leech a guaranteed 70% of your damage back to you each hit (bout 35 hit points back to you every 1.25 seconds) and when using soul seeker and HLL goes off, you are leaching 100% of your damage back (about 50 HP each hit). You are next to impossible to kill and this is a VERY easy fight with the above strategy.

By the way, this was not originally my template and strategy for killing him, but this new one is much easier. Virtually impossible to die - a monkey would have a tough time getting killed by DH using above.

S

Solikos

Mogbats on the north shore of New Haven. Sometimes I team up with 2-3 others to take on Greater Mogbats; the extra loot is worth sharing.

Also, if you plan on fighting in Fel, stay away from tamers with greater mogbats.

:stretcher:

~ Solikos

L

Llams Anit

Mogbats on the north shore of New Haven. Sometimes I team up with 2-3 others to take on Greater Mogbats; the extra loot is worth sharing.

Also, if you plan on fighting in Fel, stay away from tamers with greater mogbats.

:stretcher:

~ Solikos
Now that's funny!!!!

S

Sneaky

If your on a quiet shard, despise spawn, my best time from pop to champ up is 13mins on a straight pally warrior (no vamp). Then add another few mins for the champ.

A

archite666

Hm not bad, now if I could only find something to do with my mage necro.

K

K'torr

I was the 2nd person on the GL shard to solo DH. I went through so many templates and so much insurance, but it was well worth the reward to finally be able to do it :)

I have not solod him in about a year now - but i made about a quarter of a billion gold the 2 months i did solo him in the beginning. Ingredients and crimsons used to sell for A LOT more than they do now, and each solo it was all mine ;)

I have tweaked my template since, and i would have to say the following template would be best served to solo the DH rather easily:

120 sword
120 bushido
110 parry
110 tactic
80 SS
80 Anatomy
65 chiv
35 necro

- Get 45% HCI, 45% DCI and 100% DI
- Get in Vamp form
- Ride a Swamp Dragon with Exceptional Barding deed on him
- Carry a trapped box to break paralysis
- Use protection spell so your cursed wep never fizzles

* try to get all 70's suit of course, but most important is physical and poison resist. Also make sure to use Mace n Shield glasses because when the HLD goes off, with 120 sword and 45% HCI, you will have 100% chance to hit for 8 seconds.

Objective:

Honor Dreadhorn. That is the most important thing. Make sure you have enemy of 1 up all the time. Use bushido evade when you can. Make sure you always have Cursed Weopon up.

You will see how simple it is to drop DH with this template. You basically leech a guaranteed 70% of your damage back to you each hit (bout 35 hit points back to you every 1.25 seconds) and when using soul seeker and HLL goes off, you are leaching 100% of your damage back (about 50 HP each hit). You are next to impossible to kill and this is a VERY easy fight with the above strategy.

By the way, this was not originally my template and strategy for killing him, but this new one is much easier. Virtually impossible to die - a monkey would have a tough time getting killed by DH using above.
I congratulate you on your skills and accomplishments, but few posts I have seen better illustrate what's wrong with this game than yours. The very idea that any critter in UO, much less a Peerless, can be soloed, shows how TOTALLY over powered player characters have become.

I'm not against people playing solo, 90% of my game time I'm solo, but where is it written that everything in UO should be accessible to the solo player?

A

Ash

I congratulate you on your skills and accomplishments, but few posts I have seen better illustrate what's wrong with this game than yours. The very idea that any critter in UO, much less a Peerless, can be soloed, shows how TOTALLY over powered player characters have become.

I'm not against people playing solo, 90% of my game time I'm solo, but where is it written that everything in UO should be accessible to the solo player?
Where is it written that a person has to play in a group for that matter?

T

Tichondrius

Coming back from World of Warcraft, where you need a group for ANYTHING you do, this "lets see how much stuff we can solo" game is pretty nice. I log on and if I have 45 mins to play I don't have to spend 35 mins looking for a group. Solo is a nice way to play. You're not over powered if the thing you are fighting can drop you in two or three hits and it takes you 30 mins to kill it. Thats just playing smart. I had a Paly/Archer/Spellweaver that i used to Solo Champ spawns with. I'm putting that char back together now because it was so much fun. I wouldn't call it over powered.

M

Mythic

My 2 favorite things to solo would be the ancient wyvern on destard lvl 3(theyve beefed these guys up a lot I think) and Lich Lord paragons in Ish.
They are very fun, especially on a melee or archer template. I havnet built a template yet that can solo peerless, although i havent really tried yet either.

K

K'torr

Where is it written that a person has to play in a group for that matter?
It's not. As I stated, most of the time I'm in-game, I'm solo. There are many thing a solo player can do to enjoy this game. But to make it so any single player can take on any challenge, diminishes that challenge. There should be some things that should be out of reach of the solo players. Group play offers its own rewards.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's not. As I stated, most of the time I'm in-game, I'm solo. There are many thing a solo player can do to enjoy this game. But to make it so any single player can take on any challenge, diminishes that challenge. There should be some things that should be out of reach of the solo players. Group play offers its own rewards.
I believe part of UO is the freedom to do pretty much whatever you want, whenever you want... Taking away the ability to solo Peerlesses just because some players believe they should require a group just ignores that idea. And besides, there are still tons of things that a single player can't solo.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i hope they nerf the sampire template soon.
Why? So you can go back to having no competition at peerlesses while you play your tamer? Or have you tried the sampire template and suck at it? What gives you the right to dictate what type of characters others can play?

M

Mythic

Ok the thing about Peerless is this. Its supposed to be PEERLESS Does anyone not undertsand the meaning of this?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok the thing about Peerless is this. Its supposed to be PEERLESS Does anyone not undertsand the meaning of this?
Then if the sampire nerf ever happens, nerf the **** out of tamers too, its not just sampires that can solo peerlesses. Stop being ignorant.

C

Connor_Graham

i hope they nerf the sampire template soon.
Sure, as soon as they nerf tamers and bards that can solo more than any sampire can.

You must play one of the non-sampire-solo-everything templates that doesn't want competition for the spawn locations.:twak:

M

Mythic

Then if the sampire nerf ever happens, nerf the **** out of tamers too, its not just sampires that can solo peerlesses. Stop being ignorant.
I wasnt being ignorant, Im neither a sampire, tamer, or a bard. I was stating a simple fact.

LOL wtf made you think I was a tamer?

oh dam, I dont have anything against sampires either.

Maybe Im suggesting they actually make peerless PEER LESS, Not to try and **** you off or anything but your statement really was kind of ignorant by, definition of course, not your opinion or definition of whats ignorant.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You WERE being ignorant by just saying you hope they nerf sampires soon. They are NOT the only template that can solo high-end monsters. In your original post you said NOTHING about making Peerless harder, only nerfing the sampire template. That is where I got the impression you were ignorant.

M

Mythic

Do me a favor there and quote exactly where i said anything even remotly close to"nerf sampires" and no you cant use that as an example! lol

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do me a favor there and quote exactly where i said anything even remotly close to"nerf sampires" and no you cant use that as an example! lol
Whoa, sorry, the other guy wrote that, I wasn't paying attention to the usernames. 4 hours of sleep last night :p

But now I give you a different argument. You said that the Peerless are supposed to be peerless. Does it really matter to you if a few people on each shard can solo peerlesses? There's nothing prohibiting you from going in a group or going alone.

M

Mythic

And Im not saying there is anything wrong with going it alone, someone had made a comment that it shouldnt take a group of ppl to kill high end montsers, that if i want to solo them it should be easy, I was disagreeing with that statement, I could care less if anyone has figured out a way to solo this or that. In that way, if you want to go it solo, you gotta have the right build, or go with a group, its your choice.

M

Mythic

For the sake of not constantly harassing each other in the future lets forget the whole ignorant this and numbnutz that aye?