• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So, What Happened to NMC? (TL;DR at Bottom)

Blargety

Journeyman
I've been catching some off the cuff sarcasm lately about my extended absence from some of you, and I wanted to make sure I nipped this in the ass early on just so everyone knows what happened. I realize I'm not obligated to explain myself to anyone, and those individuals that actually gave a **** know what happened already in my life to cause the extended break, but here we go, because I feel like I owe you an explanation.

In October of 2018 I went through some deeply personal ****, and had to bench Ultima Online for a little bit in order to get my head straight. I realize that my absence led to the collapse of the Nightmare Clan's core members, many of whom who moved onward to grey shards where groups like the Blood Clan are active, and I realize that the shard might kind of hold me responsible for that. I'm fine with that, but that doesn't mean that Nightmare Clan is dead forever.

I'm about to be moving halfway across the country from Northern Michigan to Salt Lake City to be closer to one of the companies I contract for. For that reason, and the fact that I am in the middle of writing a fiction series that is very important to me, I have decided to join VICE for the foreseeable future while I steadily make my return to the game that has kept my attention for most of my entire life. If anyone else wants to pick up the mantle and start an Orc Clan, you won't see me stepping into stop it or stomp on any toes. Hell, I might even join you. I just don't have the attention to detail needed right now to run an operation of that scale and magnitude. Not properly anyways.

I know a lot of you probably have comments and concerns, or will continue to make snide remarks. Just know that if you're on the outside of my situation looking in, then there's probably a reason for that. Also, for full disclosure this is not directed at any one person or persons in particular, it's just from what I've noticed in the few weeks that I have been back in the general chat.

TL;DR - Real life came first for a while and I had to take an extended break from the game to sort **** out. NMC is non-operational right now because I don't have the bandwidth to lead something of that scale and maintain real life. I've joined VICE so that I can still enjoy what Ultima has to offer, and be here on the shard with all you beautiful people.

Also, yub me nub gunna stard blahin 'Oomie at lat pushdug stinkee heds jusd cus me am in duh VICE clan. Lat nub wurree aboud dat ash.

Hoowah!

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been catching some off the cuff sarcasm lately about my extended absence from some of you, and I wanted to make sure I nipped this in the ass early on just so everyone knows what happened. I realize I'm not obligated to explain myself to anyone, and those individuals that actually gave a **** know what happened already in my life to cause the extended break, but here we go, because I feel like I owe you an explanation.

In October of 2018 I went through some deeply personal ****, and had to bench Ultima Online for a little bit in order to get my head straight. I realize that my absence led to the collapse of the Nightmare Clan's core members, many of whom who moved onward to grey shards where groups like the Blood Clan are active, and I realize that the shard might kind of hold me responsible for that. I'm fine with that, but that doesn't mean that Nightmare Clan is dead forever.

I'm about to be moving halfway across the country from Northern Michigan to Salt Lake City to be closer to one of the companies I contract for. For that reason, and the fact that I am in the middle of writing a fiction series that is very important to me, I have decided to join VICE for the foreseeable future while I steadily make my return to the game that has kept my attention for most of my entire life. If anyone else wants to pick up the mantle and start an Orc Clan, you won't see me stepping into stop it or stomp on any toes. Hell, I might even join you. I just don't have the attention to detail needed right now to run an operation of that scale and magnitude. Not properly anyways.

I know a lot of you probably have comments and concerns, or will continue to make snide remarks. Just know that if you're on the outside of my situation looking in, then there's probably a reason for that. Also, for full disclosure this is not directed at any one person or persons in particular, it's just from what I've noticed in the few weeks that I have been back in the general chat.

TL;DR - Real life came first for a while and I had to take an extended break from the game to sort **** out. NMC is non-operational right now because I don't have the bandwidth to lead something of that scale and maintain real life. I've joined VICE so that I can still enjoy what Ultima has to offer, and be here on the shard with all you beautiful people.

Also, yub me nub gunna stard blahin 'Oomie at lat pushdug stinkee heds jusd cus me am in duh VICE clan. Lat nub wurree aboud dat ash.

Hoowah!
Damnit, now I can’t use the hose on you. * puts the hose away*. Welcome to vice, we have better cookies than the others anyway.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*chuckles* I get it. Siege has "kind of a "what have ya done for me lately" vibe sometimes... Just play yer game and keep yer head up, ya snivelling orc.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't take this the wrong way. I mean it with all respect. But who gives a ****?

Shalimar/Cleo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You don't owe anyone an explanation, Blug. I was one of those who knew why you were on a break and really missed that big affable personality of your characters. Now don't blush but various players agreed with me that you are the best player to come to Siege in years and sooo happy you are back.

Zog

Adventurer

Hoowah!
Still lub yah brudda !!! HOOOOWAHHH!!!!

fonsvitae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hey there.... I really enjoyed your videos on suit crafting for Siege necessities. Tried to thank you in game but found out you were gone: glad you're back.

I wouldn't worry too much about naysayers or naysaying. They are only as real as their nay... and, hey: how real is a nay, anyway?

Barefoot Scribe

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's good to hear from you. I also have had a number of gaps in my Sosarian life due stuff out of my control. When I returned each time I found friends, old and new, both on Siege and on Catskills (my home world). They helped me to get back into things and to enjoy myself in game with them. I am sure you will too my friend . The Lyre sisters Phelonius and Desdemona both enjoyed meeting you and trying out the Orc way of life. The "Sippin Shack" still stands should you develop a thirst for Orcish brew.