• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] So, what are good prices for Small BODs?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As some of you know, I'd been mostly away (maybe 10 hours a month, most of it doing non-crafting stuff) for a couple years due to personal health and family health issues.

So, I hadn't been doing BOD runs, or refilling my BOD vendors on LA. But, I'm starting them back up.

One thing I noticed was that while my vendors for small BODs that fit runic kit LBODs haven't moved much (still have much the same stock as when I last loaded them), the ones with small BODs to fit CBD larges were totally cleaned out not long after reloading.

So, what is a good price per BOD on the smalls?

I was running 15k for Barbed kit small fillers, 2-3k for Horned Kit smalls, 100-1000 for spined kit smalls, 1000 for 120 PS smalls, and 3k CBD smalls.

The kit and PS ones appear to be too high, but the CBD apparently are too low.

Thoughts?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
As some of you know, I'd been mostly away (maybe 10 hours a month, most of it doing non-crafting stuff) for a couple years due to personal health and family health issues.

So, I hadn't been doing BOD runs, or refilling my BOD vendors on LA. But, I'm starting them back up.

One thing I noticed was that while my vendors for small BODs that fit runic kit LBODs haven't moved much (still have much the same stock as when I last loaded them), the ones with small BODs to fit CBD larges were totally cleaned out not long after reloading.

So, what is a good price per BOD on the smalls?

I was running 15k for Barbed kit small fillers, 2-3k for Horned Kit smalls, 100-1000 for spined kit smalls, 1000 for 120 PS smalls, and 3k CBD smalls.

The kit and PS ones appear to be too high, but the CBD apparently are too low.

Thoughts?
I have not had much luck selling bods either I would try cutting the price in half....or better yet filling them and getting the kits and then sell the kits. I have pretty much given up on selling them

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I'd tend to agree with Storm that the kits themselves will probably be pretty valuable again in a few months. We've been quite some time without any material changes to EQ or skills, so most everyone that plays much already has a "good enough" suit, and the truly elite pieces of armor that are worth rebuilding around remain pretty scarce (despite what the number of people selling "uber" pieces would have you think). As a result, there's not been much call for mass reforging lately.

BUT, with the new expansion coming out, that will, presumably add in some new cool wearables, I suspect there will be another fairly large burst of reforgings soon.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The reason I'm selling the BODs in question is that they are my excess smalls, and I'm kinda old-school in not wanting to put stuff on a vendor without offering it at a reasonable price.

My tailor BOD crates have 3 sets of smalls (or nearly so) for every non-barbed set, and I try to duplicate those on my vendors (and still have about 500+ extra BODs that reflect 7+copies of many BODs in my "to stock" chests)

I just went through BODs I got from Wild Bill's IDOC from 3 years ago, and put together about 20+ tailor sets with corresponding LBODs, and about 60 smith sets. I'm going to be VERY busy the next week or so....