• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] So were when is next festival,,,all gone quiet

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
46 accounts Yanaki, wow. You must miss the clickie items we used to get =). Well hopefully by this community sticking together and making a little noise and showing our concern we can get the ball rolling, maybe it already is and we just dont know it. It would be nice to log in one day and see some burning houses. Although the rares lost would be a shame. Maybe Mesanna could make a cpl events with dupers rares as the drops. Just rename them with a Justice theme to them lol.

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Im going to throw this idea out there...... How about someone pick a shard.... place a house or two.... send out invites with RSVP's

You will know who to invite.... Dunno maybe someone can add more ideas to this? Was a thought... Just hate it when someone messes with a tradition

I was looking forward to sitting around and chatting with old friends

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im going to throw this idea out there...... How about someone pick a shard.... place a house or two.... send out invites with RSVP's

You will know who to invite.... Dunno maybe someone can add more ideas to this? Was a thought... Just hate it when someone messes with a tradition

I was looking forward to sitting around and chatting with old friends
I had thought about that as well Arya, but the best things about the rares fest was the people, new and old. The hanging out, the fun of watching someone stock a vendor to see what might be added. Even when someone popped a harbinger everyone banded together to kill em. I think if it becomes invitational you lose that aspect. My favorite festival was the first one I went to when I had barely any gold seeing all the cool stuff, that is what really kick started me into collecting was that fest. I wouldnt want to deny that experience to the anyone. I do not want to be the cause of wrecking a tradition, I just was trying to voice why I wasnt going to host it.

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For the reasons listed throughout this thread and due to heavy work load in RL i havent been involved in the rares community or even much of anything in this game recently. This all due to what i am seeing and what others are seeing.....Items going for crazy amounts of gold which i cannot understand how most of these people are getting or why they are bidding at these extraordinary prices unless they are CHEATING/EXPLOITING or buying for cash. I used to think i was one of the top rares collectors in items and gold as i been playing since this game released, until i been seeing what these items have been going for in the recent months. At this rate i cannot compete and will not even try with simple items going for a billion gold + if i was to bid with everyone i see bidding at these crazy prices i could only afford a handful of items if that and then be completely broke. Something is def a foul here and its not just inflation. Now this all may be speculation but something inside of me says its not.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All good posts. Let me just put it in perspective and it hasn't changed too much. As few of you know I've been dealing with rares long before the EM program. Back then, even before there was Trammel, I remember buying and selling serverbirths at 75-150 USD for high end items which included flasks, tube racks etc... and upwards of 300 USD for very rare items like Chaos Red Two Story Statues, Scaffolds, etc..

If you think about the gold rate, of which many dealers are selling at .20 cents per and some even lower at .15 cents if bought in bulk, 1 billion gp is only 150 USD.

When you think along those lines, it's basically what people are adjusting to but not everyone has adjusted.

I too am hoping the Mesanna continues her relentless hunt for dupers, introducing gold sinks, and other ways to remove gold from game to stabilize the gold economy once in again. as of now, either we move up or they move back down and hopefully we can meet somewhere in between.

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All good posts. Let me just put it in perspective and it hasn't changed too much. As few of you know I've been dealing with rares long before the EM program. Back then, even before there was Trammel, I remember buying and selling serverbirths at 75-150 USD for high end items which included flasks, tube racks etc... and upwards of 300 USD for very rare items like Chaos Red Two Story Statues, Scaffolds, etc..

If you think about the gold rate, of which many dealers are selling at .20 cents per and some even lower at .15 cents if bought in bulk, 1 billion gp is only 150 USD.

When you think along those lines, it's basically what people are adjusting to but not everyone has adjusted.

I too am hoping the Mesanna continues her relentless hunt for dupers, introducing gold sinks, and other ways to remove gold from game to stabilize the gold economy once in again. as of now, either we move up or they move back down and hopefully we can meet somewhere in between.
Ya, i see where your coming from. But what leads me to believe people are duping, is when the mag plots were available. They took SO MUCH gold out of the game from those plot lottery's, and i don't think they did something to give all that gold back. And now gold is EVERYWHERE... or atleast enough where a few people are raising eyebrows. I was watching a video on Youtube from TGN or something like that. Where they (Mesanna and 2 other dudes; forgot their names) were discussing things that were taking place in-game. They mentioned the lottery's and that SO MUCH gold was taken out as a total. I hope something comes clear...

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I remember when in the beginning of the game people were selling 1 million gold for like $75. In the not to distant future we could see 1 cent per million. Perhaps we need to demonitise gold like some countires have done with thier currency when it becomes worthless. Just remove all the gold in the game and start all over with a perhaps a new barter system. Which at times is already happening when collectors trade between themselves rares. I'm nnot saying this would be popular, or the answer to this problem.
Concerning a rares festival my thoughts are more along the line of rarer ala items less then 5 known in the hands of some one with the skill to change one into 100's and thus ruining the rarity of those items. The other four collected by and paid for by hard working collectors are the ones who get hurt. I mean yes collecting rares
has its risks such as the developers of this game reintroducing server ups for a quest reward etc. But having some really scarce rares being duped to oblivion is really pretty sad, and ruins the game for many of us.
Sorry for the rant, perhaps I've loved and played this game for too long and way past its expiration date.

Last edited:

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is why unique items are so important to me or 1 of 2s where I know where the other one is.

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah I remember when in the beginning of the game people were selling 1 million gold for like $75. In the not to distant future we could see 1 cent per million. Perhaps we need to demonitise gold like some countires have done with thier currency when it becomes worthless. Just remove all the gold in the game and start all over with a perhaps a new barter system. Which at times is already happening when collectors trade between themselves rares. I'm nnot saying this would be popular, or the answer to this problem.
Maybe it isn't the answer, but I do like where your head is. Like many of you I only have one account and have always had to sell something in order to afford anything else or save up from vendor sales. Being perpetually broke isn't anything new to me. As hard as it is to save up and compete it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if they up and deleted all the gold in game tomorrow and I had to start all over, at least I'd know it would throw a wrench in the plans of those I despise above all others.

This is why unique items are so important to me or 1 of 2s where I know where the other one is.
I sincerely miss this list, it was fun to check and see who owned what, knowing that I only had to go to so and so's museum to see the item I always dreamed of owning. Haha but I do remember how complicated it became with so many new unique items dropping. That and the constant changing of hands.

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
step by step gold fix

1. convert all gold to "gold crowns" at a exchange rate of 1000 gold per 1 gold crown
2. reduce the gold crown drop rate on monsters dramatically and even remove it from some monsters completely
3. keep all purchaseables at there gold cost rate so if a recall cost 40gp on a npc its now 40 gold crowns
4. reduce the purchase of trade goods purchsaed by npcs to reflect the change in currency prices. so if you buy something for 20 gold you can only sell it back for say 1 gold crown.this reduces the ability of some to purchase property to avoid the change in currency.
4. reintroduce items breaking when a repair attempt fails, add a small chance of repairs failing on repair deeds

what that does is instantly reduces the gold in circulation. thats a 999% reduction in gold, 1000% increase of price of tradegoods sold by npcs and a 95% reduction in the price paid by npcs on goods.

or alternatly one day have every last npc that buys anything dissapear from the game, return all vendors to the houses storage box and remove all gold from the game except 1000 gold per vendor deeded and a 10k check per charicter period, sure people will be ticked off but ohh well...i think method one would be more humane though.

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran
One day, one day I'll see one on Europa...

Damn ET for leaving, he's about the only person people knew well enough to host it.

You hear that ET!

Who was planning on hosting from Baja?

Not my fault, but Festival will never happen on Europa, since time difference is an issue. And there are not EMs on that shard, that has a clue about these things hehe.
I hope that Baja will be hosting one day, they still have a lot of great collectors there and some nice museums. But most seem to have moved a lot to Atlantic.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does duping suck? Yes.
Should we let it ruin the time we get together as a community? No.

Duping of gold or items will continue regardless of rares festivals or not. It might be a bit slower, but really not by much. Someone who is going to sell an item at the festival will still sell it via these boards, the bank or a vendor. We can't even track many items as they change hands due to many behind closed door deals. I really just don't see how stopping the festivals helps US as a community.

Can I afford everything I want? Nope. Does inflating item prices suck? You are damn right it does.... but... I personally don't care because I'll still collect the items I want that is within my means. I'd love my own island irl or a brand new lexus, but that isn't in my financial means right now either. If we could afford everything we "want", than our items begin to lose personal value and the feeling we get when we obtain something we have long sought after is diminished. Pride with accomplishment. It shouldn't be how much something costs, but living within your means and ENJOYING WHAT YOU HAVE. I think even in RL, many people lose sight of this and get caught up with what they don't have instead of what they do.

I'm not one of the popular kids in this community. I'm pretty opinionated when I do speak, I'm a past moderator for this forum and I pretty much keep to myself socially. Not the greatest recipe to be one of the cool kids. Heh.

That being said. I'm going to keep collecting and do my best to enjoy what I have despite EA or a duper screwing up the rarity or value of my possessions.

Assia Facts:
I do not buy gold.
I have attended the number of EM events that I can count on both hands... ever.
Most of my rares collection is stuff that means something to me, fits rp of a character or fits in my decor, rather than the flashiest, most expensive or most popular.
I make most my gold selling what most would consider poor man's rares.
I do not dupe, cheat or steal.
At last count , I have around a billion in liquid gold.

Not all that glitters is gold.

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does duping suck? Yes.
Should we let it ruin the time we get together as a community? No.

Duping of gold or items will continue regardless of rares festivals or not. It might be a bit slower, but really not by much. Someone who is going to sell an item at the festival will still sell it via these boards, the bank or a vendor. We can't even track many items as they change hands due to many behind closed door deals. I really just don't see how stopping the festivals helps US as a community.

Can I afford everything I want? Nope. Does inflating item prices suck? You are damn right it does.... but... I personally don't care because I'll still collect the items I want that is within my means. I'd love my own island irl or a brand new lexus, but that isn't in my financial means right now either. If we could afford everything we "want", than our items begin to lose personal value and the feeling we get when we obtain something we have long sought after is diminished. Pride with accomplishment. It shouldn't be how much something costs, but living within your means and ENJOYING WHAT YOU HAVE. I think even in RL, many people lose sight of this and get caught up with what they don't have instead of what they do.

I'm not one of the popular kids in this community. I'm pretty opinionated when I do speak, I'm a past moderator for this forum and I pretty much keep to myself socially. Not the greatest recipe to be one of the cool kids. Heh.

That being said. I'm going to keep collecting and do my best to enjoy what I have despite EA or a duper screwing up the rarity or value of my possessions. Sounds like your a good candidate to host a fest then. I myself will not accpet it anymore though. They had the recources to catch a boatload of dupers in the past, there is no reason they cant now. Maybe its time to put a hold on the next patch and new content and focus on the real issue in this game. Because there is a new crop of dupers and these guys are not sitting trying to stay unnoticed, they have taken over this forum and driven the rares market out of control. It has filtered beyond the rares scene and is starting to effect other common items in game as well. If you do not mind paying 60m for a transfer token then by all means turn a blind eye. Your right about one thing though, not having a fest will do nothing to the dupers. But maybe if this thread stays up long enough and enough people voice there concerns with this as well we can get the right people to take notice.

Assia Facts:
I do not buy gold.
I have attended the number of EM events that I can count on both hands... ever.
Most of my rares collection is stuff that means something to me, fits rp of a character or fits in my decor, rather than the flashiest, most expensive or most popular.
I make most my gold selling what most would consider poor man's rares.
I do not dupe, cheat or steal.
At last count , I have around a billion in liquid gold.

Not all that glitters is gold.
Sounds like your a good candidate to host next fest then. I never said dont have one, I just said I am not putting the work into it so they can come over and score all the high end items wich they will. I am sure some form of duping has been always around but the difference now is the dupers are not staying low key. They have taken over this market and driven the prices for most collectors beyond reach. It has filtered into other items as well, if you do not mind paying 60m for a transfer token then by all meens turn a blind eye. I just hope this thread stays alive long enough so the right people see that allot of us are concerned. And if you think they cant do nothing about it you are wrong. Its if they want to put the time into doing it.

Last edited:

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And if you think they cant do nothing about it you are wrong. Its if they want to put the time into doing it.
By "they" you mean the devs? sadly, they did something on the last publish.. they changed the max price an item can be sold on a vendor to 175m. Thats 75% more, very close to the % of gold inflation on the last 4-5 months.
On the last letter from the producer, one of the things they have been talking about is:
  • Currency Conversion (gold would be on character/account, no checks)
That probably will be necessary, just because if the inflation continues then no one will want to sell a slither for 175m because the price will be too cheap. IMO, the devs know about the inflation/dupe/whatever and they wont do anything. Not because they dont care but because they dont know what to do.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bumps!!!!! .....got heaps to sell still and i really wanna take advantage of the crazy festival price tags.....thankyou

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol hopefully a few people got a chuckle before the removal, anyway I am sure someday in the near future there will be some great idocs.

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To the people accusing me of duping, you go to far to accuse me of being a duper I have yet to respond till any of this until now.. I make my gold by selling stuff on atl and catskills and doing events on other shards same way as anyone else... And what if I run short I buy off someone I trust and if you don't believe me I will go ask the person to let me post every transaction I've sent him over the last few months because Sir I can prove I either earned my gold by selling items or by buying it.. So before you accuse me again learn your damn facts and shut your damn mouth .. sorry that you lost some bids to me but that's the way the bidding goes... And for anyone that ever has problem with me or wants to know where I get my gold just ask before you accuse falsely and attempt to ruin peoples names in game because your jealous

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There should be no accusations of duping. Such an accusation is a personal attack and against the rules of conduct.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I will vouch for Outcry any day of the week.

MANY of you have had favorable dealings with me in the past and I care DEEPLY about my reputation, even though I am out of the "day to day" Rares Trade.

Outcry has been in my guild/alliance for several years and is the most UNLIKELY duper of all time.

Hell, many times a month we have to help her get her MICROPHONE set up in Vent... Duper? .... Ridiculous.

Maybe she's a doctor's wife that stays at home and burns all his cash on buying gold?

Maybe she got a SWEET deal on all the gold I've been sitting on for years?

There are PLENTY of ways to get gold in this game, but this witch hunt for her as a duper of gold is absurd.

This is one of the reason I wanted to retire from the Rares Trade to begin with -------->>> D.R.A.M.A.

Like a bunch of reality show housewives... geesh.

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Outcry has been in my guild/alliance for several years and is the most UNLIKELY duper of all time.

Hell, many times a month we have to help her get her MICROPHONE set up in Vent... Duper? .... Ridiculous.
I think this is where Outcry says, "Thanks! ... I think..." :gee:

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will vouch for Outcry any day of the week.

MANY of you have had favorable dealings with me in the past and I care DEEPLY about my reputation, even though I am out of the "day to day" Rares Trade.

Maybe she's a doctor's wife that stays at home and burns all his cash on buying gold?

Maybe she got a SWEET deal on all the gold I've been sitting on for years?

There are PLENTY of ways to get gold in this game, but this witch hunt for her as a duper of gold is absurd.

This is one of the reason I wanted to retire from the Rares Trade to begin with -------->>> D.R.A.M.A.

Like a bunch of reality show housewives... geesh.
Everything you say may be true but the fact is there is a dupe out there and it is destroying the rares market for most. For myself to compete in this market I have to sell allot of my collection once or twice a year. The people who draw a red flag to me are the people who never sell and just buy. I am not talking millions, it in the tens of billions+ and it seems to not put dent in there supply. Maybe ignots and bandages are selling for allot more these days? I dont know. I appologise to Outcry for putting her in a category with the other one. It was mostly a joke anyway, duper was never even mentioned in the post, it was just loosely implied.

Last edited:

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Holy smokes, Outcry is from my state. Ok she is off the hook for now. Title Town does not raise them that way. I am sure this will not be the only dent in my armor before we can get something done about it. And Outcry please do not confuse being p-ssed off with being jealous. Thats cute

Last edited:

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I'm ignorant I admit it! But whats a speed cu, I am assuming that it runs faster then an average cu? Would there be that much in differance
of a normal blaze cu and one on steroids??
The house on Atlantic with the two story red statue might be going idoc? That statue I really hope does not get deleted by some over anixous GM,
its like in my opinion one of the most awesome rares graphically in the game.

Last edited:

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I'm ignorant I admit it! But whats a speed cu, I am assuming that it runs faster then an average cu? Would there be that much in differance
of a normal blaze cu and one on steroids??
The house on Atlantic with the two story red statue might be going idoc? That statue I really hope does not get deleted by some over anixous GM,
its like in my opinion one of the most awesome rares graphically in the game.
A speed cu is an old cu that is just that speedy :) and lol that house is not going idoc it's just a dream of lineman's bc it has things he cant have in it

Last edited:

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Everyone is going to need to take a step back and calm down. While I understand that duping is a very touchy subject, rational thought must prevail. This thread is getting (has already gotten) out of hand and no further accusations or other related nonsense will be tolerated. Consider this the last warning.

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ok.... So what if Toad Town holds a Halloween Party and has a vendor area. Say we keep the items to the max 175 mil. Maybe someone would volunteer their services and do the silent auction house. We force the items prices back to being reasonable by making submits no higher than 300 mil

Have Mesanna foot the bill for transfers that week :}

Make it a long weekend thing.

Two event ideas I had for it were:

make a newb char and its name was a hint to who you really are
Your main char dresses up in a rares costume only

Was a thought.... Any input out there?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sounds good....wonders if mesanna will do the transfer thiing...after all the vets are doing the shard hop for free every month!!

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
We can ask-

Oh Mesanna can we have a gate to all the shards in the month of October please?

TandaBSK

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think Queen Arya has a great idea. Majestic Oaks Auction of Great Lakes would love to announce to our shard.
I would love to see a Fest over on an Asian shard again too, it was awesome to bring everyone together, strengthening community in whatever means we can is always a worthwhile cause. Shift the focus for now to what we can control and do, promote that which unites us and brings us together.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
guess the rares festivals are a thing of the past.....oh well.........dupers win again

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Instead of constantly asking for one why don't you host one yourself?
..Because iam just a normal player...a casual gamer playing 1-2 hours very ither day.....a player with family and a job to hold down....i do not play 24/7 365 days a year like some folks seem to do!!!...and yes they do..and no i dont know how they do it...LOL..seroiusly aint got the time to host one..although i did help out at the last europa fest......[whatever]

Last edited: